Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 10-21-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

Default The misery of being a Damien Rice fan.

Hey guys,

I've just started a little series where I'm going to talk about how being a Damien Rice fan is one of the most infuriating afflictions in music.

Just done part one and its on my blog at www.lyinghippyfiend.blogspot.com

Thought I may as well let the Eskimos know, as I'm sure a lot of you share the same problem as me!

Much Love,

Thom
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
Rai
Eskimontologist

It's still better than being a Sandra Bullock fan. At least Damien Rice made something of value during his career.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
fersen
in Paris...

Hi Tommy, a short word just to say I like the pictures and the videos you chose to illustrate your passion for M. Rice and his music. Waiting to read your new articles...
P.S: I agree on the musical website "La blogothèque", great musical videos, greate concept.
fersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i really really like your writing tommy. i think i told you that before, but i need to say it again.

see, now that we (you included) have the chance to read your blog, they are only (no more... and no less, sorry, literal translation from spanish) words. but they came from deep feelings and thoughts that were so intense that you didn´t had the chance to keep them just with you. you had no choice at all, imho. and i celebrate that somehow. despite how miserable and infuriating it can be

it was sort of the same for me regarding damien´s music (except for the singer songwriter issue, he). i was blown away right the way as well. "that was it" and i am so happy and feel so blessed for that. that´s why i went crazy when i "met" him after the gig in ba. i saw myself unrecognize! i only could hug him (he hugged me back, as he usually does with people ) and tell him "thank so much, for so many reasons"... and those reasons still are very powerful for me. so, i think this is my way to say thank you for sharing all that feelings and thoughts and i´m waiting for more too. cheers!

ps: well said, rai
Old 10-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I'll let you know in here when I put another one up.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
nancycosmoxo
Eskimo Baby

cant wait to read more!!!!! very good so far!
nancycosmoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

Cheers, I'm doing it at the moment but its hard to put it into words, so many different things tangle together that its hard to write up a followable account of how frustrating he is.