Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 08-09-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
nyrice45
Eskimo Friend

Default nine crimes

hey- this is my first post though Ive read the boards for a while. Ive scoured the net (as most of you probably have) and I think Ive finally got every song except nine crimes and what do yo u know about love (does that even exist?)- I went to two of the live shows last month and he played it both times but I still can't find it anywhere (always get Rule NO. 2 obviously) so I figured I'd ask the board- I'd appreciate any help - thanks
nyrice45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
Bumpman

If your scouring of the net had led you to click 'video' instead of 'forum' you'd have been in luck.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
nyrice45
Eskimo Friend

well Ive seen videos on youtube also- just cant find and mp3 version
Old 08-09-2006, 11:44 PM   #4
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

**coughsclickherecoughs**
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:42 AM   #5
Bumpman

There's lots of pretty simple software out there for free that would let you make an audio copy of the video's, both on and off youtube.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
Rannveig
Lives Near an Eskimo

NYRice45, why don't you PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a live recording of nine crimes, mountain winery version...And Bumpman, this is the igloo, aren't we supposed to be all warm and cozy here.... Just wondering...
Old 08-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #7
Bumpman

Yeah, we are supposed to be warm and cosy.

We're also supposed to pay attention to the cease and desist that emmett got from damien's management saying that the site couldn't host links to mp3's of individual songs that Damien hasn't released yet. That's why the trading section exists, because there's not much of a problem with fans trading well recorded full shows by post or torrent as long as they aren't in something lower then cd quality (1411kbps/44.1khz) and there's something place to ensure that they're not sold for profit, or mass distributed as individual tracks before Damien has a chance to release them on record.

That's how you're meant to get the songs that you haven't heard before, that's how it's always been for the rest of us. And as it stands, that's the only way of moving the new material around between different fans without putting emmett in any personal trouble, or risking that the site be closed down.

It's a very nice idea for people to be able to easily get their hands on some well recorded individual new songs within a few minutes. It's an even nicer idea when you won't be the one that DRM/14thFloor/Vector contact looking for their money back. We are supposed to be friendly, but above that, we're supposed to do things properly, and not have the band coming onto the forum and finding that the contents of their new record are up for grabs in terrible quality, out of context and free to anyone with a modem.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #8
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

^ what he said.. exactly.

and please stop posting in the damien rice forum pleading for tracks people, most of them have been shared and hosted already if you just look around a little.. you can get the whole mountain winery gig with nine crimes included pretty easily and it's on the very first page of the trading forum.. as the man said, that's what we all had to do..

ps - bumpman's the coolest, you won't find anyone here who's more warm and cozy (he just happens to be right, and right to say so)

edit: correction - it's in the gigs section.. argh just use the search function!

Last edited by SisterMidnight; 08-10-2006 at 06:44 PM.
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #9
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
ps - bumpman's the coolest, you won't find anyone here who's more warm and cozy (he just happens to be right, and right to say so)
:
damn right. happens to be on my wavelength too

"you are my sister and i love you,
may all of your dreams come true"

Antony and the jonsons
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #10
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeé
damn right. happens to be on my wavelength too

"you are my sister and i love you,
may all of your dreams come true"

Antony and the jonsons
awww tim!

back atcha sweetie

edit: there, how's that for warm and cozy?

Last edited by SisterMidnight; 08-10-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #11
nyrice45
Eskimo Friend

I had no idea there was a cease and desist - look i was just trying to find the one song I couldnt find elsewhere- I wouldnt have done it if i'd known it could've caused a problem-
Old 08-11-2006, 01:12 AM   #12
Bumpman

Well that's why it's such a tough issue to manage for people who haven't been around that long, We don't set out to personally attack people because they've asked for songs in a way that we can't distribute them. I realise how arrogant what I've posted sounds, but in the same context you have to understand that once the situation with trading has been explained to someone, someone else comes along and starts asking the same questions. Then you get groups of newer people badgering everyone else for individual songs that they haven't collected yet.

It doesn't cause a big problem for anyone here, but you will find that people who want new songs won't use the forum search engine to find out where to get them. As a result they won't find out that they're just not supposed to be posted as mp3's. Despite the amount of explanations that have been given over the last few years, the philosophy of trading just hasn't been hammered home. Posting an odd mp3 here and there obviously isn't going to bring the world down, in fact it's perfectly fine as long as the song is already released. But trading exists for a reason, and that is to provide people who are willing to put more then a few minutes of effort in, with a good recording of a full show.

I realise that this whole thread probably seems like me talking down to you because you asked a question that you didn't know the answer to, I'm sorry if it looks that way, it isn't. The issue at hand is more to do with the amount of people who want these songs now, as a precursor of what it'll be like in two months time when the album gets close. If this site turns into a pile of links on a forum, suffice to say, that won't be good for anyone. We generally are friendly in the igloo, as long as you're not pissing on the ice we've been stacking.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:03 AM   #13
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

i still don't think you said anything wrong.. it was getting annoying..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrice45
I had no idea there was a cease and desist - look i was just trying to find the one song I couldnt find elsewhere- I wouldnt have done it if i'd known it could've caused a problem-
there's no problem, just take the time to browse around and search the forum and you'll find it here already (did you notice cali's cough btw? poor thing..)

it's like a game.. call it playing detective or treasure hunting..