Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 06-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

Default Gemma Hayes - Let It Break

my boyfriend sent me over a copy of Gemma Hayes' new album and it arrived this morning, just gave it a listen through and i really, really like it - anyone else got it?? opinions??
Old 06-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i sort of got it. i was about to post something about this album, but i got it sort of non legally (but i´ll buy it when i get to ireland though - shipping cost are way expensive for me)...

i really like it too. i love her voice and the challenge of playing keyboards. i simply like his attitude at singing. i´m becaming a huge gemma´s fan, so i hope i can see her live.

here´s a bit of talking about the album.

oh... and i LOVE her dress!

Last edited by verenita; 06-16-2011 at 01:24 AM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

i feel the exact same way!! firstly, i really love her voice, something about it just makes me feel happy. and then her dress is super pretty, and the picture of her on the inside of the CD inlay is stunning, she is truly an amazingly beautiful person and i may have a major girl crush lastly, i've only recently become a big fan and i really can't wait to see her! ¿cuándo vas a irlanda vere? porque gemma tiene una gira irlandesa durante el verano, voy a verla con fionn regan en kildare en julio!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #4
verenita
... trusty and true ...

you know, i read a comment posted on youtube and it said "she is female ray lamontagne", lol. i like that comment and i think i agree what is your favourite song so far?

i´m keeping update on her tour, so i´m keeping my fingers crossed. regarding my trip to ireland, well... it depends on some answer i´m awaiting. it might be by august or october (me hubiera gustado -is subjuntive a headache for you too? all my students complain of it, hehe- ir a fines de julio, pero, definitivamente, es imposible ). will you be there by that time? i´d love to meet as many EF as i can
Old 06-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

i think my favourite song has to be Shock To My System, or Keep Running or Fire.. those are kind of obvious choices, but I've been listening to the album a lot late at night with the lights off before i go to sleep, and there just seems to be something really magical about those three! how about you?

the subjunctive is a complete pain, i just can't get my head around it sometimes.. but i'm hoping it'll come with practice! yeah i'll be in ireland from the 9th of july onwards, i still have my final year of college to finish up! and it'd be awesome to meet up!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:28 AM   #6
verenita
... trusty and true ...

well... my soul is a bit (or too much, he) melancholic. i love sorrow be gone. i find so much hope in it i also like ruin very much (except for that "humaaaaaaan" part, which i think it´s just ok), i´m hooked by the "you can´t wake a girl who pretends to sleep" line. and i think to be beside you and all i need ("rest your mouth on my mouth", beautiful thought ) are really good songs.

but, my favourite is, obviously i think, shock to my system. i was hooked by it when gemma played live, i like live version more. as someone said on a musical blog: "Shock To My System” is delicate, melancholic and achingly lovely, but I catch myself longing to return to the crappy, jerky-mobile-phone-recorded YouTube clip where I first heard it; no strings, no glockenspiel, more passion." i still love the album version (even though i miss this "i thought that i was doing good" line)... and i also like the intrumental piano song "that sky again"
Old 02-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #7
damien lisa
am i breaking u

i've just watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nirB6DG0V-Q

suddenly it's like she's represent for all musicians. But i mean those questions are great, great interview

Last edited by damien lisa; 02-16-2015 at 03:42 PM.
damien lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien lisa View Post
suddenly it's like she's represent for all musicials.

i´m not sure if i understood what you mean, but it is a great interview indeed. and gemma is amazing!

Last edited by verenita; 02-16-2015 at 02:23 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #9
damien lisa
am i breaking u

musicians*, i mean it's very general, can be used to ask any musicians