Old 06-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #61
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Yes, "Even and the Day" is the title
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #62
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

Is that it my friend is one of my favorites! It would fit perfectly on the louder new album!!
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:21 AM   #63
JSteggs
Eskimo Friend

I especially like the part of Is That It My Friend? where he does the "trumpet solo" with his voice using the distortion mic.
JSteggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #64
acquadigio
Eskimo Regular

Thank you Marti and Glo for the answer
I did some research, that youtube video is from the Milano gig 18th March 2007 but i couldn't find the bootleg anywhere online. Did anyone have the gig recorded, or just these 2 songs, could you share it with me please? I can cut the audio out of the youtube video but there're some skipping that bother me
acquadigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:19 PM   #65
glo32
Eskimo Regular

There is definitely a recording of that Milan show. Not the best audio quality but a good memory of a great show. It had to be edited and mastered but can't remember what happened then and it didn't happen, if I remember write.
I'll try and find it for you tomorrow. If you don't hear from me, please remind me in two-three days!

Quote:
Yes, "Even and the Day" is the title
This was of course "Eve and the Day" but the auto correct messed it up for some reason
Old 06-29-2015, 01:08 AM   #66
acquadigio
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
There is definitely a recording of that Milan show. Not the best audio quality but a good memory of a great show. It had to be edited and mastered but can't remember what happened then and it didn't happen, if I remember write.
I'll try and find it for you tomorrow. If you don't hear from me, please remind me in two-three days!

This was of course "Eve and the Day" but the auto correct messed it up for some reason
Thank you Glo, it's great to hear that there is a recording, I don't need it to have perfect quality though, just not the skipping, it really turns the mood down badly while listening

Btw what's the story with "Eve"? The song "never" was later renamed to "Eve the apple of my eye" as a Juniper's song, right?

Edit: I feel stupid asking about the song name, which was already discussed right on page 1 of this thread I know I've heard that title somewhere

Last edited by acquadigio; 06-29-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #67
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

actually the title never made sense to me, cos i thought it was about Eve, like a woman...

but talking with Glo yesterday she said it could mean eve as in "the nigh before" or "evening"... like in "new yearīs eve", you know, which fits with the story he used to tell about the song being about sitting around a fire with friends while the day slowly passes by...
Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #68
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I just checked and have the Eve and the Day/Sleep Donīt Weep mp3 from Milano, guess from the bootleg not from YT... if anyone wants it, send me a message and I can email the mp3
Old 06-29-2015, 11:06 AM   #69
acquadigio
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
I just checked and have the Eve and the Day/Sleep Donīt Weep mp3 from Milano, guess from the bootleg not from YT... if anyone wants it, send me a message and I can email the mp3
Thanks Marti, I pm'ed you, but I I wonder if you have the whole gig i'm getting too greedy lol

The gig was just a few day before the split with Lisa, no wonder I feel like that man on stage was the sadest Damien ever
Old 06-29-2015, 11:10 AM   #70
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

think this gig is post-breakup if I remember well... the breakup was in Germany and then the tour continued to Italy...

I do have the gig but stored at my parents, I could eventually get it in like 1 month if you cannot get it any other way
Old 06-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #71
acquadigio
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
think this gig is post-breakup if I remember well... the breakup was in Germany and then the tour continued to Italy...

I do have the gig but stored at my parents, I could eventually get it in like 1 month if you cannot get it any other way
Yeah, Lisa wasn't on stage with the band anymore since Munich gig I think, I meant the official announcement, on around 2x March 2007... But really, Damien at that time was the saddest man ever
Old 06-29-2015, 11:57 AM   #72
acquadigio
Eskimo Regular

Hey Marti, your file seems to be exactly the bootleg on youtube, there are skipping at the same time
Old 06-29-2015, 05:50 PM   #73
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Yes, it was the first or second tour stop after the break-up.
My friends and I travelled to Milan two days before the gig, and we didn't check the internet so we basically came into the venue expecting Lisa would be on stage. Or we heard rumours a couple hours before and that's it.
It felt all strange, with a lot of people asking about Lisa and Damo not replying and stuff. And as often happens when he's got something wrong going on, it was a very intense gig. I think at some point he relaxed and even told some funny story, but in a few songs you could hear he was very angry for some reason.

Another great thing about that gig is that they used a completely different set-up on stage. They all got closer, like Damien at the center and the other musicians around him, very close to him. Tomo didn't use his drums as usually, but instead used a minimal percussion and went crazy on I Remember, throwing it away at the end of the song or something like that.

I am sure I had included a beautiful, close-up video of "Accidental Babies" from that gig somewhere. One of the most intense Accidental Babies ever and it was a very good video. I think I put it in the archive hard disk we were passing around a few years ago?
Marti maybe you have it? The file was called "ab.avi" and it was inside the bootleg folder.

Bad news is I just looked for it and I don't have in my archive folder from that time. I guess I didn't copy it with the rest of the bootlegs because I already had it somewhere... but now of course I can't find it.
I will ask people on the italian forum

----
UPDATE:
I found it!
Listening to the bootleg now... Well, it needs some serious editing... levels are all ****ed up. Songs with wide dynamics are so-so. But Eve / Sleep Don't Weep is actually listenable.
I don't think we should put this bootleg out there without editing it first but if you want a "preview" or just the Eve / Sleep track, PM me!

Last edited by glo32; 06-29-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:40 PM   #74
acquadigio
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
Yes, it was the first or second tour stop after the break-up.
My friends and I travelled to Milan two days before the gig, and we didn't check the internet so we basically came into the venue expecting Lisa would be on stage. Or we heard rumours a couple hours before and that's it.
It felt all strange, with a lot of people asking about Lisa and Damo not replying and stuff. And as often happens when he's got something wrong going on, it was a very intense gig. I think at some point he relaxed and even told some funny story, but in a few songs you could hear he was very angry for some reason.

Another great thing about that gig is that they used a completely different set-up on stage. They all got closer, like Damien at the center and the other musicians around him, very close to him. Tomo didn't use his drums as usually, but instead used a minimal percussion and went crazy on I Remember, throwing it away at the end of the song or something like that.

I am sure I had included a beautiful, close-up video of "Accidental Babies" from that gig somewhere. One of the most intense Accidental Babies ever and it was a very good video. I think I put it in the archive hard disk we were passing around a few years ago?
Marti maybe you have it? The file was called "ab.avi" and it was inside the bootleg folder.

Bad news is I just looked for it and I don't have in my archive folder from that time. I guess I didn't copy it with the rest of the bootlegs because I already had it somewhere... but now of course I can't find it.
I will ask people on the italian forum

----
UPDATE:
I found it!
Listening to the bootleg now... Well, it needs some serious editing... levels are all ****ed up. Songs with wide dynamics are so-so. But Eve / Sleep Don't Weep is actually listenable.
I don't think we should put this bootleg out there without editing it first but if you want a "preview" or just the Eve / Sleep track, PM me!
wow, great story, sounds like that gig was something, really special. I've become Damien's fan around 2011, and at first I only listened to the album because I don't know about how good he is live.

I always regret that I've missed that time, when he was so different live to who he is now on stage (but yet still the same). Now when I listen to all those gigs back then, I'm always amazed by the tenderness in his voice, how fragile he could sing.

Back to the Milan gig, if the break up was in Munich then this show was the first show after breaking up. That's the only video I found on youtube that he played Sleep Don't Weep on piano but I dont know if it's the only time ? And the intro, "Eve And The Day" song, I can hear his voice shaking, and Vyv's cello, so emotional. Everytime I listen to it, I always think of "But I still got you to keep me warm, Damien, warmer than warm yeahhh" and smt like that =)

Lastly, I love to see the Accidental Babies video... and I wish I could help with the editing but in that category I'm just useless

Last edited by acquadigio; 06-29-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #75
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Wait, what the Hell is "Needless"?!!! Is that something new he's playing now (if so please someone let me hear it immediately) or is that just a typo of "Needles"?

If it's the latter, unfortunately, it's just an old Juniper song and those probably shouldn't be on this list (truthfully, the vast majority of these have been recorded and released so it would be more accurate to distinguish between the non-album tracks) unless we are going to start adding ALL the other great ones he wrote while with them that are never included...

It looks like the list has some on it that are on the new album too. Also, why are WDYKAL? and Red-Nosed Happy still not on the list?

BTW, I love ITI,MF? too but one of his very BEST songs of all time? I probably can't even put it in the top 20 so that's just how much of an f'ing genius the man is.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #76
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

typo I guess... but it was released on that compilation, so itīs an official release, just happened that only Lisa sings on it

agree list is a bit messy and needs updating