Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Lisa Hannigan > Lisa Hannigan

Old 01-25-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
zaphir
Eskimo Friend

Default Some Surprise Live - Feb 15, 2008

Duetting pairs Lisa Hannigan (pictured) and Gary Lightbody as well as Sinead O'Connor and Mick Pyro, are set to perform live together at the forthcoming Meteor Irish Music Awards.

Hannigan and Snow Patrol man Lightbody will sing 'Some Suprise', the song they recorded for the Cake Sale charity album, live for the first time. The song has appeared on US TV show Grey's Anatomy and the two will be backed up by a band featuring some of Ireland's leading musicians for the performance.

Elsewhere, Sinead O'Connor and Republic Of Loose mastermind Mick Pyro are set to collaborate on a version of Curtis Mayfield's 'We People Who Are Darker Than Blue'. The pair decided to team up after working together on the recent Ronnie Drew tribute song along with a host of other Irish artists in Windmill Lane Studios, Dublin.

The 2008 Meteor Awards take place on February 15 in Dublin's RDS. A limited number of tickets are on sale from Ticketmaster now, priced €40.

zaphir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

The only picture I could find of them performing is on the Meteor Awards Site ...
The Picture is in the 'The Meteor Irish Music Awards 2008' gallery...picture 07.
She looks gorgeous as always!!!
I hope more pictures will appeare soon!!!

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!

Last edited by RonjaGirl; 02-17-2008 at 01:51 PM.
RonjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Did anyone in Ireland watch/tape it??
Old 02-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #4
riotana
Eskimo Friend

Yey A new photo with Lisa. It's good to see her once in a while...I hope I'll see some photos with Damo performing at Pre-Oscars too! And I also hope that somebody recorded the performance of Lisa and Gary...I'd like to see it,even on youtube.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

so excited can't wait to see this
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

I just watched it online with the link on the news page... but I guess you have to be in Ireland to see that? Maybe ye could use a proxy... but I've never been able to figure those out.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Cheers Wheels.
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #8
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

I watched it on Sat night. Gary was going his best impression of Christy Brown.
Didn't tape it.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

Some person (username: uroborus ) in the LisaHanniganRefined Forum uploaded the show...you can download it here.
http://rapidshare.com/files/92888114...e_Surprise.avi

the audio here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/92884523/Some_Surprise.mp3

Thanks sooo much uroborus!!!

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!
RonjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
verenita
... trusty and true ...

hey, girl!
thanks for share this!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #11
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Thanks for links!

It's also up on youtube:

srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #12
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

I'm sorry I'm sure my opinion will not be popular. But I don't think She meshes well with Gary. Lisa Of Course sounds Lovely..
In My opinion Damien and Lisa were a match made in Heaven and I don't think any pairing will compare...
I can listen to Them Both alone but with Others it's just not the same..
Fire away.

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice

Last edited by julia; 02-22-2008 at 12:31 AM.
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:58 AM   #13
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Yaaaaay this makes me soooooo happy!!!!!!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:23 AM   #14
dboyd
Penguins and Whales

wewt! it made it's way to youtube! awesome!!! lisa looks gorgeous!! gorgeous! haha weewt!
No, when I really really want it all" - Bottom Shelf

"When there's nothing to give
Well how can we ask for more" - Delicate
dboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #15
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Lisa looks Bootylicious!!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:08 AM   #16
riotana
Eskimo Friend

I'll have to agree with mariaoran because this also makes me happy happy I sure did missed seeing Lisa,even if I never actually saw her.
That's such a nice video and it made my day!

Thanks Becci for posting this and the other links with the songs from Other Voices!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #17
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

Gary seems awkward here. I'm liking the Daniel Day-Lewis look, though. Lisa sang beautifully, can't wait to hear more.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:06 AM   #18
zaphir
Eskimo Friend

i'm not sure if it's the dissatisfying sound system, this being their first live performance of the song, the awkwardness or the video was that good, but I didn't find this as good as it could be.

I like it better with Paul.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vqJdrauRG8Q
http://youtube.com/watch?v=L0j4ENo_aX4
Old 02-22-2008, 05:19 AM   #19
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphir
me too
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:00 AM   #20
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia
I'm sorry I'm sure my opinion will not be popular. But I don't think She meshes well with Gary. Lisa Of Course sounds Lovely..
In My opinion Damien and Lisa were a match made in Heaven and I don't think any pairing will compare...
I can listen to Them Both alone but with Others it's just not the same..
Fire away.
I totally agree 100%!!!
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #21
Kilombo
Mba'e teko pio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia
Very true... but I guess they matched so well because they are so different, like opposite poles (and contrast is always attracting), which may also have been the reason for their split-up... I mean if you look at the cheery, happy atmosphere of her new vids and songs, it seems like she got torn down by our ever-so-down-damo... that's my impression
Kilombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #22
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilombo
Very true... but I guess they matched so well because they are so different, like opposite poles (and contrast is always attracting), which may also have been the reason for their split-up... I mean if you look at the cheery, happy atmosphere of her new vids and songs, it seems like she got torn down by our ever-so-down-damo... that's my impression

I completely agree..

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit (What Nourishes Me Also Destroys Me)

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice

Last edited by julia; 02-22-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:23 AM   #23
zaphir
Eskimo Friend

We see how bubbly Lisa is post-Damien, and it's nice. How is he post-Lisa?

There might also be a not-so-down part of Damien we're not seeing or he's not showing. I mean they meshed well for years and seeing how Lisa is cheery, it's like seeing the not-so-down side of Damien.

I think it's just fortuitous that we see more of Lisa (new album and stuff going on) than Damien (taking a break) after the split. But anyway, they're both talented, blessed and can have a fancy life of their own.

Errr maybe this is the wrong thread.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #24
fersen
in Paris...

I totaly agree with you Julia, this song is nice but pretty basic. Damien and Lisa were close to god for me. Damien songs are so special and them singing together wasn't just two voices one next to the other. They was a sort of fusion. I see them as making love when they sang together
(plus I don't really like Lisa's hair cut and new dress, it's seems a bit artificial. She used to be so "simple" and "natural"). I just "fell" on this video, it's a perfect example :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TITwO7mFBEE&feature=related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilombo
I don't agree Kilombo. Damien writes "down songs when he's down". That seems to be quite often. But there's also a very "happy" side of Damien. When I watch him in an interview he is so full of life, he's eyes shine with enthiusiasm.
Lisa gives through her recent video the image of someone bright (specialy the great "Pirate disco" video) but I'm sure she's not always in that mood. And "down songs" are so beautiful. Damien writes them and Lisa sang them so well I recon because they connect you so much to life... To sing so well together, and to get on so well together I think they had (have) a lot in common.
fersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #25
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Yes Of course Damien has a Joyous side..I have seen it many times..

I was thinking about a line in one of Lisa's songs that seems to be about Damien.. "You need to be down, You need the music that it brings" or something like that.
Bono has been quoted many times Saying that in essense you have to eff with your life and People in it for inspiration for great music. It's almost like a purely blissfull life brings no inspiring lyrics..

Old 02-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #26
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by srahman24
Thanks for links!

It's also up on youtube:

aw sweet, nice performance! Lisa looks like a flower in bloom, so beautiful and full of life - i just feel like biting her cheeks! (in a loving manner)
Old 02-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #27
Kilombo
Mba'e teko pio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fersen
Damien writes "down songs when he's down". That seems to be quite often. But there's also a very "happy" side of Damien. When I watch him in an interview he is so full of life, he's eyes shine with enthiusiasm.
Lisa gives through her recent video the image of someone bright (specialy the great "Pirate disco" video) but I'm sure she's not always in that mood. And "down songs" are so beautiful. Damien writes them and Lisa sang them so well I recon because they connect you so much to life... To sing so well together, and to get on so well together I think they had (have) a lot in common.
Don't doubt it. Of course I said it in a very generalizing matter and I too think they had a lot in common and shared a lot of moods (ups and downs), but it may have been what it boiled down to... like when a couple shares a lot of things but just one or two aspects that they don't share make them fight... dunno, was just giving a quick interpretation

And yes, julia, sometimes I get the feeling that you have to be down in a certain way to be inspired.. which is funny because that fact itself made me angry, because I don't tend to be down that often but still want to write, and it actually inspires me to write a song about that... man wicked world
Kilombo is offline   Reply With Quote