Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Lisa Hannigan > Lisa Hannigan

Old 12-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #31
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

^I might be totally wrong, but i think i remember something about Ghostbusters being one of the band member's favourite movie or song... ?

Actually i think its from those blog posts from way back when they first set out on their little Irish tour... but i cannot find them. Oh well...

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #32
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran View Post
^I might be totally wrong, but i think i remember something about Ghostbusters being one of the band member's favourite movie or song... ?

Actually i think its from those blog posts from way back when they first set out on their little Irish tour... but i cannot find them. Oh well...
Wow, great memory... here it is:

From the blog post 'Tour Diary 2' (09 June 2008) from Lisa's Myspace blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Una
My question! 'What's your favourite cheesy song?'

Lisa: (immediately starts singing loudly) "I AIN'T AFRAID OF NO GHOST!, busting makes me feel good… !" Ghostbusters'

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #33
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

Here another review of the gig...

Quote:
Lisa Hannigan at St John’s, Smith Square, SW1

Unceremoniously dismissed in 2006 by Damien Rice, with whom she sang for seven years, Lisa Hannigan has not let the grass grow under her feet. The singer from Co Meath has written and recorded her debut album, Sea Sew, and made an extensive tour of America with her own band as the guest of Jason Mraz.

The album, which has already gone platinum in Ireland, is scheduled for release in Britain early next year, and in the hushed grandeur of this church venue Hannigan unveiled both band and songs for the first time in this country with a sweet but rather nervous flourish.

With her hair tied in bunches, and wearing a blue sparkling dress, Hannigan, 27, was a slightly confused vision of bohemian glamour. There was something of the sugar plum sprite in her delivery of songs such as Splishy Splashy, during which a glockenspiel twinkled like a musical box, and I Don’t Know, which featured a gently tootling trumpet and violin. Her voice was light, the arrangements intricate and delicate, and for a while it all seemed as substantial as a will o’ the wisp.

A terrible clanger by the pianist Gavin Glass, who played the opening notes of Pistachio in the wrong key, seemed to relieve the tension. Hannigan went over, gave him a hug, and they started the song again. The band embarked on a haunting version of Dylan’s Tom Thumb’s Blues, which Hannigan dedicated to her dad, and then tackled the Rodgers and Hart evergreen The Lady is a Tramp, refashioned somewhat in the spirit of Tom Waits.

Over the course of a show that applied a left-field pop aesthetic to the gentlest of folk roots, Hannigan also played acoustic guitar, melodica and a hand-pumped harmonium, and occasionally bashed a tambourine stick against her tummy.

The encores brought a mesmerising version of the Iron & Wine song Free Until They Cut Me Down, its blues-riff coda prompting the most forceful performance of a show that was, at times, too precious for its own good.

3/5

David Sinclair

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!
RonjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:03 PM   #34
cuuliem
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Wow, great memory... here it is:

From the blog post 'Tour Diary 2' (09 June 2008) from Lisa's Myspace blog.
bravo!
cuuliem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #35
cuuliem
Eskimo Regular

I would like to thank Marti for letting me his seat to get a better view for the taping...
the administrator of the lisa hannigan refined site, asked me to create a dvd from this show and my previous footage. he / she would offer me to trade with one of lisa's show from last summer in Sligo.
I was thinking of making a vine, but right now i'm pretty busy.... i mean lazy... i've just finished a radiohead DVD for a friend that i shot last june and gave him for xmas... so you might expect 6 months or more to get it done...

there is a bunch of gavin glass' videos too - if someone can help me name them

sea song

splishy splashy

venn diagram

blurry

i dont know

my pirate disco

pistachio

tom thumbs blues

courting blues

ocean and a rock

teeth

lady is a tramp

lille

keep it all and free until they cut me down are on the way
cuuliem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #36
verenita
... trusty and true ...

wow, man! thank you SO much!

Last edited by verenita; 01-09-2009 at 11:29 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #37
Rai
Eskimontologist

^^ I looked into the Gavin songs, but none of the untitled ones are on his album, as far as I heard during a fast skim. The only thing I can help with is that the song you named Stay Awake On The Week End is called Red Dress.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #38
Cerque
Resident Irishman

I wish I was there.
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #39
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Thanks for uploading the full gig!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing to re-live it all again!!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #40
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

Thanks cuuliem, those vids are great!!