Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 12-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #1141
Rai
Eskimontologist

Getting back from Vienna where I spent basically one and a half days in the Natural History Museum... I could live in that building

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #1142
.em.
Eskimo Regular

This year has been really great, possibly one of the best. Here are the reasons why this year pwnd so so much for me:

-A loving, happy, continuing relationship with my boyfriend, and best friend Bryan. We've been together a little over a year, and it does seem to be kinda silly to put so much importance on it, as the way these things can be so short, but I do really feel that this is really special.

- I graduated! no more high school!

- I started college.

-I got a new job! Now I'm a hawt librarian instead of a hawt cashier in a not-hawt grocery store. (its ok to have pride in my looks! XD)

- I went back to the Rock n Roll Camp for Girls, in Portland, OR, this time as an intern. It was a lot of fun, though I have to say that I liked running around the city much better than interning. Adventuring (and cities-i live in a town) is fun! And even though I got stuck in Denver for a night (on the way), I did make a friend along the way. (but he never e-mailed me! >.< when i find you joshua jastal....i'm going to say hello again! ^^)

-I made new friends all around the world, off line and off.

- I grew up, and changed a lot, and I feel like myself, how I should be. (this goes deeper than this simple sentence, but I won't go into too much detail)

-I discovered many new things.

- I went to 3 great concerts this year (not counting the ones at camp..) These were the two Damien Rice concerts I went to (Kansas City and Tulsa), and the Rocky Votolato one in OKC. I didn't meet Damien (though I really hope to some day, and give him a hug, as a way of thanks), but I did meet Rocky--he was super nice! ^______^

-I have a keyboard now (from boyfriend. he also let me borrow his bass. add that to my guitars, and I almost have a full band)!

- had good holidays and birthdays (i turned 19 this year)

- found new music, finally saw the original Star Wars trilogy.

-I seriously started working on my music, writing, and singing. One girl who was giving me singing advice through the internet helped a lot, said I had a nice voice and that I even sound a bit like BoA (a South Korean pop singer/dancer)! I also finished the lyrics to one song (complete with melody)...now it just needs music! o.o I think its pretty good though.

These things, and so many more, have made my year really amazing! (i may add more later...)
Old 12-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #1143
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai
Getting back from Vienna where I spent basically one and a half days in the Natural History Museum... I could live in that building
mr. rai, i have a complaint... you've been spending those many hours in a beautiful (well, if it's not too grey) city i live in and you don't even think about dropping into the pub for a coffee or whatever. i'm deeeepliest disappointed and hurt for the future i wish you to say "hi" and maybe a bit more, so that i can indulge in your (as you let me know) quite irish sounding accent. understood?!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #1144
Rai
Eskimontologist

^I honestly thought about this, but the circumstances were far from ideal. But I promise that next time I'll notify you and we'll meet ("...again some sunny day" ) its no big deal since we live basically next door to each other..

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #1145
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

For a moment there, I thought, you still are one country...

Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #1146
cille
creepycute

The user comments for this amazon item:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/c...&s=electronics
Old 12-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #1147
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

^^^rai, that would be lovely
^^ hendrik, it doesn't surprise me at all that you posted this map it's incredible how big this mornarchie was, though...

what made me smile last night was something at work... we had a raffle and all the money we collected went to "goal", an irish charity.
of course my boyfriend and i took part as well :-) usually i don't really win, but that time, he won a bag and a zip-thing-jumper (he wanted to get a new one anyway) and i was rather disappointed, that i never won. anyway - one of the last prizes went to me: a t-shirt, a (i think 2 or 2.5l) bottle of heineken beer, but as i don't like beer it didn't have much purpose for me, and a cap. so, i traded the t-shirt with the bag and a friend of ours won a cadbury milktray, 907g or something like that. anyway, almost a kg. and i tried to convince him the entire evening to trade it with me for this beer-bottle i don't have much use for. in the end, after about two hours i succeeded and so it was a successful evening for all of us :-)
Old 12-20-2007, 07:02 AM   #1148
samuelle
care bear stare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
The user comments for this amazon item:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/c...&s=electronics
thanks, cille. this is also making me smile. and laugh. and yearn for a bic pen of my own.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:29 AM   #1149
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

hanging with my ex. we always clown so much. we chilled at a friends house and then cruised for like 2 hours... then i ended up at my new girls porch with my ex girlfriend... then we all hung out and i'm baked and it was clownin.
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #1150
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

i've got all my damien, all my tupac, a half ounce of chronic, and now it's time to go on a 3 hour little road trip with my ex girlfriend to see her grandparents for the weekend... should be intresting... atleast awkward if not anything else once i get there. haha

genius.
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #1151
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

i wrote a homework a few days ago, it was really hard. i was thinking a lot about it and i put a lot of effort in it. today i got my grade and i got a "1" which is an "a" in many of the english-speaking countries. i'm really proud of myself, because it was really scientific and i only started my studies a few months back and i'm working really hard for them plus the work to support my living. i've been kept pretty busy but everything seems to pay off, because the owner and the manager are happy with me as well.
i'm just trying to write a summary of 1/4 of a book and i'm getting nowhere, but this grade really cheered me up. plus i'm on the nightshift today, that means we shut at 4, then i clean up, have a strawberry juice with tapwater (mmmmmmmh, i love strawberry juice and we've got really good tapwater here, fresh from the mountains!) and then i go to the trainstation to take the first train home to visit my mum and my younger brother. i can't wait!
Old 12-22-2007, 11:07 PM   #1152
Rai
Eskimontologist

This picture:

One of the unknown perks of being in the US Armed Forces: you can easily hide from the annoying relatives

Old 12-26-2007, 07:15 PM   #1153
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Being home again after several days of traveling. It was fun, and I enjoyed seeing everyone, but it's nice to be home again, at least for a bit - we leave again on Friday, this time to go skiing.
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:39 AM   #1154
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

lol I hadn't seen the person till I read your comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai
This picture:

One of the unknown perks of being in the US Armed Forces: you can easily hide from the annoying relatives

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #1155
.em.
Eskimo Regular

Christmas! It was very nice. My boyfriend gave me a notebook in which he had written to me in the 12 Days leading up to Xmas. So cute!
Old 12-28-2007, 04:40 AM   #1156
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

got rand's atlas shrugged and kafka's complete stories for Christmas. good reads to kick off a new year.
Five Leaves Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:58 AM   #1157
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

^ awsome
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #1158
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

the guy with the toilet seat around his neck saying that feminism turns kids gay

Cali is offline   Reply With Quote