Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 01-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #31
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Professor View Post
Today we will easily beat Srahmans Canada in the final and win our first gold for over 20 years. They almost lost against Russia and had to cheat with the clock to beat USA. We have crushed everyone so far including a 5-0 win against Russia, Go Sweden!!

PS. Srahman, if we somehow will lose, go easy on me.
Hahaha... I hope your day job isn't as a fortune teller

5 straight junior championships in a row!!! (even though the officials were so completely on your side! there were at least three penalties they didn't call. and your goalie's a little insane) I look forward to crushing you guys in 2010 too

Last edited by srahman24; 01-06-2009 at 10:42 PM.
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #32
Rai
Eskimontologist

The Atheist Bus Campaign has reached my beloved Barcelona!

I'm so proud that I'm living there...

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"

Last edited by Rai; 01-06-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #33
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

My office had a staff meeting today, it was nice to see everybody again. I'm starting my new schedule this friday: instead of working 10 hours a week from home, I'll be working one 9-hour day in the office, and the remaining 6 from home (2 or 3 hours during the week and the rest on the weekend). I'm looking forward to the change, although not to the commute. It took me about 35 minutes to get there during non-rush hour traffic, it will probably be 45 minutes to an hour in rush-hour traffic. It's bearable since it's just one day a week.
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #34
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i´m just fascinated with my new job!
pupils are so open and eager to learn spanish language. this is a great way to start this new year!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #35
Cerque
Resident Irishman

[quote=Yetzirah;342635]yeah, i know how it works up there. we've got christmas holidays which could be nice if we hadn't exams in the last two weeks of january... if you're someone that takes his/her studies seriously you don't have much of a holiday then... ah, well... i'm more that kinda person that takes one or two days off and then another one and another one and then this happens and then that and in the end i get all panicky. not always but i'm really good at it. i'm trying to get better, though... i don't know if i'll ever manage...

i like the cat burrito [/QU

I was known for my hard work in school in secondary. Then I started getting good at the guitar. I am only in year one in University though so I don't fell any pressure yet.
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #36
Swedish Professor
Eskimo skiier

haha Srahman, fortunately I'm a croupier and no fortune teller. But I know your joking when you say that thing about the referees. In sweden this is called the scandalgame after you guys tried to kill our goalie. Espositos and Della Rouveres stunts might have been the ugliest things I've ever seen in an arena. What do you think would happen if a swede did that to your goalie? The whole bench would jump out and try to kill that guy. Espositos is a clear penalty, you must admit that. look at his right leg, that is really dangerous. And della Rouvere. If the game were played anywhere else he would be out for the rest of the game, you know that's true.

But hey, you were the better team and deserved to win so congratulations! Next year maybe we can play each other in a fair game. No wait, it takes place in Canada again.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #37
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Today I had a phone call from UK, finally they'll want to transfer the rest of my european volunteer service money (bureaucracy, don't ask...) to me for when I was in England three years ago. Yay. I thought they'd never do this after all these years. That's settled then.
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #38
Canadian Island
Eskimo Regular

I just got promoted.

I'll supervise a 1-2 times a month open stage at the Café Central (we played there last month) starting Feb 25th. So if any songwriters are near Magdeburg/Germany by the end of next month, feel invited!
Canadian Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #39
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
Today I had a phone call from UK, finally they'll want to transfer the rest of my european volunteer service money (bureaucracy, don't ask...) to me for when I was in England three years ago. Yay. I thought they'd never do this after all these years. That's settled then.
that would make smile as well... i´m glad for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Island View Post
I just got promoted.

I'll supervise a 1-2 times a month open stage at the Café Central (we played there last month) starting Feb 25th. So if any songwriters are near Magdeburg/Germany by the end of next month, feel invited!
congrats, oliver. and enjoy the promotion
Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #40
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

srahman24's avatar. quality!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #41
verenita
... trusty and true ...

reading sahar´s post. i´m so glad you´re safe.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #42
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

someone on another forum saw my damo av & sig and asked me which DR sites were good... of course I sent him over here
Old 01-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #43
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

i just made a lovely hot chocolate. while i was making that my mum rang me which felt really good. and it distracted me a bit from the horrible exam tomorrow. i'm really glad when that's over!
Old 01-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #44
Cerque
Resident Irishman

Finishing my exams and going out with all of my friends, I am not sure if it was a highlight but it was funny. Me and a couple of lads didn't have a way to get home so we were stuck in the city at 4 in the morning. One of my friends was a methodist and had keys to their church, we went in and i played accidental babies on the organ, then he took us upstairs and we slept the night on the floor.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #45
Rai
Eskimontologist

Having a great last day at home. Met with some friends, said hello to a few of my professors (well, had at least an hour-long chat with two of them, even introduced one to Lisa's music) at uni and had a nice meal at my favourite Mexican place. Now bring me back to BCN!

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 01-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #46
Rai
Eskimontologist

The Dubliners will be palying here early February!!!!! Yippeee!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #47
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

reading una's post
Old 01-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #48
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

My best friend's been away for the week at this event organized for Canadian med students. She heard Damien on in the background at my place and got all excited. Turns out, they were playing a trivia game between the different med schools... and Damien came up as a question! "Where is the singer Damien Rice from?"

Thanks to my incessant blathering about him, she got the answer - down to the specific county
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #49
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Reading in Naomi Klein's "Shock doctrine" that satan Milton Friedman's parents came from Hungary. I will have an eye on Rai then...

Milton, lol ->
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #50
Rai
Eskimontologist

^I can guarantee I am not one of his parents But you could do some reseach and maybe find some relationship between him and another famous Hungarian, Nicolas Sarkozy
(speaking of him, who thinks that his loving wife will try to get her hands on Obama and ditch him for a more prestigious first ladyship?)

Old 01-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #51
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i had my first class teaching today, and john, a professor at the university of nebraska, is adorable! so open to learn, altough his spanish speaking is pretty weak!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #52
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

My 3-year-old, Luke, made me smile this morning. Ethan was tearing some paper off a box, and Luke said, "Ethan is tearing the paper". He thought about it for a minute, and then said, "Mommy, is Ethan a tearer?" and I just burst out laughing and said, "Yes Luke, Ethan is a terror!"
Old 01-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #53
Cerque
Resident Irishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
i had my first class teaching today, and john, a professor at the university of nebraska, is adorable! so open to learn, altough his spanish speaking is pretty weak!
Thats great! Congrats!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #54
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
My 3-year-old, Luke, made me smile this morning. Ethan was tearing some paper off a box, and Luke said, "Ethan is tearing the paper". He thought about it for a minute, and then said, "Mommy, is Ethan a tearer?" and I just burst out laughing and said, "Yes Luke, Ethan is a terror!"
Haha. Did Luke defend the box from the war of tearer after that?

Btw, Luke and Ethan are adorable names.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #55
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

^Thanks! Lol, Luke knows not to mess with his younger brother! Ethan is not shy about defending himself, and actually is the instigator in most cases when they fight. I think he's going to be a rugby player or something when he grows up - that or a mountain climber, he mastered climbing onto the kitchen table at about 8 months
Old 01-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #56
verenita
... trusty and true ...

reading bear stories about her children. you tell us adorable ones!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #57
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

friends of mine got the call to say they are supporting Staind at their dublin show next monday. after years of hard work, its good to see them getting the breaks they deserve now

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #58
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

wow, that's brilliant news! you getting any vip-passes? because if that's the case i'll come up to see them as well!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #59
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
wow, that's brilliant news! you getting any vip-passes? because if that's the case i'll come up to see them as well!
ah im sure i will, either that or i can guitar tech for my friends band.. i used to be quite the Staind fan in my day

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #60
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

^That's awesome. I hope they do really well and make it big! I like Staind too

BTW, thanks Verenita for the kind words!