Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 09-08-2003, 01:37 AM   #1
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

Just dumped this evening by boyfriend I had already dated before. I really, really need help. I need top 5 films and top 5 songs/albums to mend a broken heart. You know like relationships gone awry. Like I plan to watch High Fedility in couple of minutes but I do not have enough balls to turn on Damien or Counting Crows. I need some Low-Fat Ben and Jerry's ice cream right about now...thank you

p.s. want to hear something funny? I was so messed up over it, I just filled out a PEACE CORPS application. Edited by: tasha039
Old 09-08-2003, 04:29 AM   #2
peterd
Eskimo Regular

doh poor u! just wait thats all u can do and keep yourself busy! Its rotten i know!
peterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:38 AM   #3
administrator
forum administrator

sorry to hear that tash. [img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]well i always think that u2's "all that you can't leave behind" is a very comforting album.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:48 AM   #4
gally45
Eskimo Regular

Yeah sorry too but remember "Dont worry about a thing cause every little thing is going be alright"
gally45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:03 AM   #5
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

awwwwww, honey, that's awful, i'm sorry [img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

whatever you do, don't watch Bridget Jones's Diary!

I think if you need to cry it all out, Damien will help you do that, when i need to have a good cry about my dad i put Damo on and it certainly brings out those tears!! it helps me, anyway, dunno bout you!
Vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 10:24 AM   #6
megan
Eskimo Regular

i would also listen to some david gray! the white ladder album is really comforting. also, you could put on 'with or without you' and let bono drown your cares away. i use that song like a CRUTCH when i'm sad.

another movie that is great for breakup is 'french kiss' with meg ryan and kevin kline!
megan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 10:39 AM   #7
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

hmmm, thank you for the suggestions. Luckily 'French Kiss' is always on and why not 'Bridget Jones' Diary? Probably 'Chasing Amy' too because that one does not end happy. Hmmm U2...I did not think of that before. Ugh, it is the morning after right now where it smacks you as soon as you wake up. THis sucks. And I hava a job interview tomorrow and work in hour. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Too bad they don't have a 12-Step Programme for love or whatever you call that. And it is not legal for me to drink myself into an oblivion in the states. Thank you all again. Still accepting suggestions
Old 09-08-2003, 10:46 AM   #8
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Just get yourself a nice Irish man Tash [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 11:30 AM   #9
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

ugh Wheels, I live far, far away from Ireland. And I only know one two Irish people in Southern California and one is a girl the other is one of those guys who sleeps around. But thank you..I need to move to Ireland.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:55 PM   #10
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

Well i guess you could watch Bridget Jones, it does end happily, but it's all about her being a singleton, right!?!?! even if she does get the guy in the end!!
Vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 01:09 PM   #11
tis_me_Tania
Eskimo Regular

so sorry [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]breaking up just sucks..

i guess it depends on you. i hate giving in into those sad mournful feelings so i usually listen to stuff with a lot of angst. something like Linkin Park or maybe Staind..

ohh and stay clear away from them happy chic flicks! go see some bloody action film and pretend hes the one losing all the blood.. lol[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]sounds hella rough but it works for me!
tis_me_Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 01:18 PM   #12
kavu478
Eskimo Regular

Tasha, you live in So Cal, right? Road trip to the mountains! A good hike always clears the head and does wonders for your independence! By staying at home, you’re only going to be reminded of the situation… get out and have an adventure!

Old 09-08-2003, 07:23 PM   #13
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

ha, Steve...for a second I thought you meant go look for an irishman in the mountains and I got this really funny vision of a burly, red-haired irishman sweating running through the forest with a knapsack. Hee-hee. I wish I had the resources to do that but I am not sure that I can. I would love to. Earlier in the post I was so upset last night, I filled out an application for the peace corps-then I would really get the hike, huh?

Wheels, I just realized how ironically funny that getting an irishman is because I was looking up how to change my citizenship and it turns out either one of my parents has to be Irish (which they are not) or marry someone Irish. Hee-hee...any sweet, good-hearted romantic Irish men want to marry an artistic, talented American? Ugh, why try. Well thank you all anyway. I need ice cream. Edited by: tasha039
Old 09-08-2003, 07:42 PM   #14
kavu478
Eskimo Regular

As much as I love the idea of anyone joining the Peace Corps... I would hold off on that one till you get things sorted out. Besides, you've got an irish mountain man to catch! You know that is a funny thought.

Old 09-08-2003, 07:49 PM   #15
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

I just realized the Leo Tolstoy in signature...do you know what tolstoy means in Russian? It come froms a term a Russian cowoker taught me so we could curse out my boss. It was tolstoy korova which means fat cow. But I am not sure if tolstoy is fat or cow.

I have got to be the nuttiest person in the world to join to peace corps after getting dumped but it goes further than that. I was getting stressed out about school and work so I could not think of a better path. Plus that cursed ex told me I could not. I am soooooooooo nutty...like nutella
Old 09-09-2003, 01:00 AM   #16
kavu478
Eskimo Regular

I like nutella...and hey, easy on the "death to all men" vibe. Not all guys are jerks...okay?

Old 09-09-2003, 01:26 AM   #17
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

oh, I was joking about the down with the male race. Ummm, all the guys I have dated just did not know how to treat a woman. I think it is the Californian sun that grows and breeds them. And almost anyone will tell you they want to be treated in a chivalrous manner. I, the fiercely independent type, prefers to not be treated like a princess purely because of how I was raised. Other woman are the princess types. And you know what, it would not kill a man to be a little expressive. Maybe it is different in other parts of the U.S. and the world. Ugh...I really, really need a raincoat (thank you crows!) I will get over this faster than the first time because I expected it. Too much Nutella can make me really ill. Like more than a tablespoon. I am having an acid attack, I need to go get better.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:04 AM   #18
peterd
Eskimo Regular

i found the song Guess thats why they call it the blues by elton john quite good

then im still standing!!!!

peterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 11:47 AM   #19
Enoch
Eskimo Regular

Get your anger out first, then deal with the sadness - one thing at a time. Pantera and Rage Against the Machine always work for me. Hope you feel better.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:07 PM   #20
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

ha, ha Rage Against the Machine! LOL..I was thinking Linkin Park...In some ways I just want to forget I wasted three months (almost, he dumped the day before 3 months). I am not sure who Pantera are.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:20 PM   #21
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu478
... hey, easy on the "death to all men" vibe. Not all guys are jerks...okay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
...Pantera and Rage against the Machine always work for me...
Hmmmm [img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img] ...these two could be a lethal combination! "Killing in the Name" "Bullet in the Head" etc, etc. [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img] --> [img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]

Only jokin Tasha [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 12:27 PM   #22
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

HA, HA...oh Fred, I love your signature. I keep meaning to change mine back to my original counting crows one. A LONG DECEMBER is one of my favorite songs. I had a long december last year, and I am sure it will be the same this year, especially with my birthday right around the corner of that. Between your signature and Lisa's I am feeling all counting crowsish. Lisa's signature is what love should be, your signature is what I have been through and it so painful, except sometimes I think I open muscles mistanking them for oysters. Ugh, I feel like a walking open wound. I need to stop.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:10 PM   #23
tis_me_Tania
Eskimo Regular

*sprays Lysol on tash's open wound*

ok. im not crazy. i swear.i saw this movie where um.. they guy sprayed Lysol on everything and er.. it seemed to work! so yah.. i hope you feel better tasha [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]!!
Old 09-09-2003, 01:26 PM   #24
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

Tasha,
I see you changed it back...Duritz writes some of the best lyrics alrite.

...and Tash, chin up..."maybe this year will be better than the last"...or maybe the next few months will be better than the last few

...I like the mussel comparasin tho![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 01:51 PM   #25
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

OH, I love you fred...but Tania if I spray lysol on an open wound, won't that hurt? Yes, it's going to be a long december this year and lonely b-day. I love Duritz. Hmmm, I think I am going to listen to (in the words of Jack Black from HIGH FEDILITY)'sad bastard music'...ugh, I have a job interview in couple of minutes. arrivederci
Old 09-09-2003, 03:01 PM   #26
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

Good luck with that...and woohoo I'm a band member finally
Old 09-09-2003, 03:50 PM   #27
LisaOBrien
Eskimo Regular

tasha my darlin! i feel for you sweetie! im sorry that things had to go pear shaped. 1) be angry dont be sad 2) never regret what you had with each other 3)eat icecream!! mmm icecream! breakups suck even for the best of us....
Old 09-09-2003, 04:34 PM   #28
tis_me_Tania
Eskimo Regular

yessum tash.. Lysol would sting like hell.. but it's a lot better to think about thatwound sting then.. theother oneright?
Old 09-09-2003, 05:01 PM   #29
Aisling
Mel is so hot right now

i think you should watch something like legally blonde you'll be so mindlessly entertained you wont even think boys exist. i recommend you take a dayy off to do all your fave things that you can do by yourself-a night in with the girlies and you should listen to damien rice- i mean why wouldnt you?! and coming here is a good idea cuz it's a thing you did without him (im guessing) and it wont remind you of him. good luck!
Old 09-09-2003, 05:36 PM   #30
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

Hmmm...I NAILED THE JOB!!! Thank god..now how do I tell my current employer? Yum, ice cream. I forgot to pick some up at the store but I got a pumpkin instead to carve (I am an absolute nut about autumn and halloween), oh and an e-mail from the bastard. I have no girlies. My best friend ditched me during my senior year of h.s. for her boyfriend. Right now I am watching WAITING TO EXHALE. And yes, I do not regret...but that is the first time in a relationship because then I learn my lesson and move on..but I took two steps back and got smacked up the side of the head. Oh well, I am on the hunt for ice cream now. Or smoothies...