Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Default damien youtube improvisation video

anyone know what to make of this, when this was and where??..It is new on Ytube so not sure its been heard, kinda boring IMO, but different, like a 'Happy Joe green" improv which i witnessed live in NY and wasnt impressed

http://www.youtube.com/user/damienso.../1/mUC6JI0QYFY
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^I don't understand, why you saying it's LIKE a Happy Green Joe improv???? That's THE Happy Green Joe improv!!! never thought much of it, especially the I shaved my hair part think there was already a version on youtube, maybe shorter...
Old 01-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
^I don't understand, why you saying it's LIKE a Happy Green Joe improv???? That's THE Happy Green Joe improv!!! never thought much of it, especially the I shaved my hair part think there was already a version on youtube, maybe shorter...
No need for the attitude...just thought ithis was somethin different...and it was like a Happy jo green in that it was the absolute most boring 8 minutes i spent at any concert..HJG..musical masturbation they call it...this kinda reminds me of it...though its hard to actually listen to the whole thing...
Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

I have the opposite reaction: in the audience that night it seemed like just two chords repeated over and over but now it sounds like there's a lot more going on and I quite like the mood and how it builds and the way it unexpectedly falls. Still doesn't hold a candle to the other improvs since lyrically it's not as impressive, but really not bad.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
OK..Now I see..!!..this Video is Happy joe Green...I didnt know that....I was even at the concert but thought this video above was different than HJG....(Now I understand your comments)....I was thinkin this was a different improv..since it wasnt stated in the video on youtube..and i barely listened to it....as I dont do these things well....along with his 15 minute jam sessions in songs like 'I remember'......unless your Jimmy Page , keep the improvs and jamming for your home garage