Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 05-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
coreyb
eskiphotographer

Default Boston 5/22

who's going? i'm getting pretty stoked...

anyone know the camera policy? none at all? no flash?

i gotta find my ticket... it's somewhere in a pile of boxes and junk... i just moved into my new condo... woohoo! i bought a condo in cambridge!
coreyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
jbpats
Eskimo Friend

Alright Eskimos trying to bring back the Boston Thread since the show is tomorrow... DaveyDave I hope you are bringing your recording equipment so that you can bless us with another amazing recording!
I just read the post from the Montreal show and the audience refused to leave after the first encore. So the band came back out and did a second one. Seems like that is the only time this tour that has happened. I think We should go for it tomorrow night...
jbpats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
coreyb
eskiphotographer

i can't find my ticket... hahaha... i just moved to a new condo and can't find it anywhere... uh oh!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

I'll be there. I might not have the most perfect position, but it should be pretty good for sound.

Dave
daveydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:37 AM   #5
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

Just some more thoughts Corey...

Very much looking forward to the show but can't help but think it will be strange without Lisa.

Opera House is much nicer than the Orpheum.

BTW - nice photography on your site!

Dave Again
Old 05-22-2007, 02:10 AM   #6
bottlebohemia
Eskimo Friend

I called the Opera House today and spoke to a live person (!) and asked him about the camera policy. He said that they are "discouraged". To which I replied, are we searched? And I think he misunderstood me, because he then proceeded to give me a lengthy answer and say if we brought cameras and wanted to check them we could at the coat check but the Opera House does not search bags or bodies for discouraged items.

I'm pretty excited about this! I also have 4th row seats which will be the closest I have ever been at a Damien show.

Is there an opener/ does anyone know who it is?
bottlebohemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:59 AM   #7
ml7667
Eskimo Baby

i'm going, I don't think ive ever been more excited for a concert in my life (maybe when I saw Tool back in the fall).

Anyone need an extra ticket? I'm trying to get rid of one of my three...

ml7667@gmail.com
ml7667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #8
coreyb
eskiphotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebohemia
I called the Opera House today and spoke to a live person (!) and asked him about the camera policy. He said that they are "discouraged". To which I replied, are we searched? And I think he misunderstood me, because he then proceeded to give me a lengthy answer and say if we brought cameras and wanted to check them we could at the coat check but the Opera House does not search bags or bodies for discouraged items.
nice. i will be bringing my real camera gear to a damien show for the first time... i've always had to bring my lil digi cam... expect some quality photos out of this show tonight unless they snag my gear... i think i'm about 5th row dead center... can't freakin wait... i lost my ticket but they're holding a new one for me at will-call... this is all working out...
Old 05-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #9
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

Bring your cameras. There were no pat downs when I was there last. However, I'd still put it in a safe place ;-) Once the performance starts, the worst that can happen is that they ask you to put them away, which, is ridiculous because once the show starts, 40 people will be pulling them out in the first 10 rows. That was the experience with the Orpheum in December & another show I saw at the Opera House last year.

Imagine if security wasn't paying attention to crowd control and someone got hurt because they were telling everyone to put their cameras and cell phones away.

Just do no use a flash. There is no need if your use stage and or the lighting that the show offers. Pictures taken from the dark with a flash come out terrible. Plus, flash is kind of disrespectful of the artist.

dave

Go for a high speed / no flash setting. Even if you are hesitant, just keep the camera low, pic your spots and take them from chest level if you are up close. You can always crop out heads later. The rule of thumb is to treat it like highway driving...Don't do anything stupid, just follow what everyone else is getting away with and you won't get pulled over / out.

Plus, being close to the stage, you should have no problem with lighting. Even if you have an SLR lense and keep it low, you should be ok. No security guard is going to trample down into your aisle and pull you out. Maybe if you were on the end (possibly). Just keep them down, close to the chest and use the lighting they have.

Corey,

Do you know who's opening? Anyone