Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Default "Damien Rice - Performance Photographs 1996-1998" on sale now

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1694643

LIMITED EDITION- A collection of previously unpublished Black and White Art photographs taken by artist and designer Beverly Ranger.
The images were taken at live venues in Dublin between 1996-1998. They illustrate Damien’s evolution as a performer, beginning in 1996 as a fresh-faced 22 year old, and his progress from lead singer in an Irish rock band to an internationally recognized solo recording artist.

glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

thanks for letting us know, glo...
i really don´t know what i think about this
Old 11-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
Rai
Eskimontologist

The preview doesn't have a single photo of acceptable quality in it. I wonder how many people will be stupid enough to waste a hundred bucks for an album made by someone who barely knows which end of the camera should be pointed at the subject.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i won´t be one of them (i´m stupid at some point though, as everybody is , but not because of this for sure), but i have the feeling that will be many...
you´re right regarding the quality and i´m not at all an expert.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

what I find weird is that these pics are being put on sale NOW, I mean they're from like 15 years ago wtf!!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
what I find weird is that these pics are being put on sale NOW, I mean they're from like 15 years ago wtf!!
the fact that their 15 yrs old is a good thing i think....since they are rare....IF IF Damien was a bigger "brand" ....but Damiens name is and will further fade to obscurity...damien seems to have little intention of,, disire to, (or ability) to produce any great(er) material...the best yrs are behind him it seems....not to sound like a discruntled fan...but this is the truth...Damien will return one day with a 3rd album maybe...have a small tour..probably without the band (which sucks)...

also...damiens 3rd record will have 7+ songs that we already heard...some from the juniper days even...and here we are anxciosly waiting for it....

I love Damien....but my hopes of any great material coming from him in the near future is fading fast.
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:01 AM
rachlanee
This message has been deleted by rachlanee.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:10 AM   #7
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

$100 is a lot of money to drop on a book from an unknown author, with no reviews of the book, and from a website that may not be legitimate. Sorry!
rachlanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
cille
creepycute

Apparently the photographer/writer just presented himself: http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16549
Old 11-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
Nine
Inuit

Blurb is legit - but it's designed for use by people who don't have a publisher (anybody can use it, I did for a dissertation at uni) - so when this person says it will be printed on demand, it's because that way they don't have to pay anything until somebody agrees to buy one. It will probably cost around £23 to have made.

£50 looks beyond excessive for this.