Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 05-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Default Lisa doing vocals when she was w damien

this is an old artical which surely some have read...from 02 maybe....but i also remeber reading a more recent one which Lisa sang Blowers daughter and the crowd went crazy........has anyone here seen Lisa sing Damien songs in it´s entirety at any shows?.......since i am aware many on this forum have been Damien following seemingly long b4 he became popular

´´Rice's elevation over the last year has been due in no small part to the excellent band he has put together. Lisa Hannigan's dulcet vocals stand out as something special, as does Tomo's drumming and percussion. So good are his support cast that Rice recently did a gig simply playing rhythm guitar while Hannigan took all the vocals. "She actually quite shy about taking lead vocals but I encouraged her to do it anyway. I thought she was brilliant and it was nice for me to just sit back and play the guitar for a change." Rice will be in command for the Opera House gig once again and will have anything up to six people with him. Was he concerned about David Kitt's gig, which is taking place on the same night? "Well I'm hoping that people will want to see us both," he says. The gigs will be staggered so when Damien's finishes, the other will only be getting going. You can't ask for more than that.´´
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i didn´t know about this gig, but i read once lisa said she had to sing at some gig because damien was sick or had a sore throat (can´t remember it well now). but i would have liked being there for sure
Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
cille
creepycute

Nice find
Old 05-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
SimonWales
Eskimo Regular

There was a series of maybe 3 or 4 gigs at Whelans around that time. If my memory serves me correctly, there was a day-time "children's" show (songs edited for language!), a normal show, a "loud" show, and a Lisa show. I went to the Lisa one, where they switched vocal responsibilities. Don't really remember that much of it, other that it was packed out, and I got my O signed by Damien, Lisa and Tomo.
SimonWales is offline   Reply With Quote