Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 05-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Question Goldfish Memory

Alright, I'll admit it. The only reason I saw this movie (Goldfish Memory) was because both Damien and Lisa were on the soundtrack. And yes, "Cold Water" and other songs like "Desafinado" were played throughout the movie but overall I thought it was a utter waste of time. But I'm not here to bash on the movie, I just wanted to see if anyone else had seen it and what they thought about it. By the way, I really don't think Damien's music should have been used at all cuz it was really out of place. One particular scene (spoiler alert!) was when one of the actresses came back to her apartment after breaking up with her girlfriend only to find her pet goldfish had died and was floating in his water bowl. Then a few seconds later you hear that familiar voice singing "Cold, cold water....surrounds me now..." Not cool at all, but it was kinda ironic I guess, in a weird-twisted-thinking death is funny-(which I don't)-kind of way. If you want to see the movie for the main reason I did (which was because Damien did a lot of the soundtrack) then go for it but I was fortunate to have rented it for free, lucky me. 2 out of 5.

By the way, the use of Damien's music was much better in the movie "Closer." This is also where a lot of people first heard Damien and the movie wasn't that bad anyway. Peace.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
Devilock
Eskimo Droog

I've seen it too, and I don't think it was that bad. It didn't leave much of an impression though, because I forgot most of it. But I do remember that at the time I thought it was okay.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #3
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

Is this the film about the dating scene in Dublin? I think there's already a thread on it
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
pinkpinkmoon
the girl least likely to

I actually also saw it because Damien and Lisa were on it. I made my husband watch it with me, and we were definitely yawning about halfway through the movie. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't my favorite.

I also agree about Closer - which is one of about 7 movies that I own.
pinkpinkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

I haven't been able to watch this movie because the beginning is slow and boring,but I bought the soundtrack loooong ago and I was listening today Damien and Lisa singing in Portugues (which is my mother language) "aguas de marco" and I just started laughing because half of the song I can't quite understand what Damien is saying lol But they are both very cute singing in português! Lisa sounds just like a child <3
Old 01-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
verenita
... trusty and true ...

lol! but remember that portuguese from brasil and portuguese from portugal sounds quite different

i tried to find the film online, but no luck. anybody know where i can find it?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amie R. View Post
(...) But they are both very cute singing in português! Lisa sounds just like a child <3
Actually often I think Lisa sounds like a little boy singing, especially when she was with Damien
Old 01-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

The songs are brazilian Vere. it's bossa nova,both Desafinado and Aguas de marco.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #9
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i was sure about that haha, i was only kidding... cause i know people from brazil who say that the portuguese language from portugal is a different language
Old 02-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #10
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
i was sure about that haha, i was only kidding... cause i know people from brazil who say that the portuguese language from portugal is a different language
It's a bit different,but just like spanish from argentina and from spain I guess...
Old 02-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #11
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post

By the way, the use of Damien's music was much better in the movie "Closer." This is also where a lot of people first heard Damien and the movie wasn't that bad anyway. Peace.
I was bored senseless throughout 'closer'. To me, that was a waste of time, even with the few minutes of Damien music in there.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #12
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille View Post
I was bored senseless throughout 'closer'.
me too... it´s just reminded how much i like damiens song. i remember i was at the theather with my sister and when TBD started... i got very excited and i told her: "OMG. i so love this song, i can´t believe thye are playing it!"... but i have to admite i couldn´t rememer damien´s name, he

karla... you´re probably right... but hardest spanish comes from chilean for me.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #13
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

both Closer and Goldfish Memory are mind-blowingly boring to me. I couldn't even finish watching GM. but I love all the Damien songs in it, specially the Waters of March cover.
eva_arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #14
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

Closer is one of my favorites movies ever,but I couldn't give Goldfish memory 10 min of my time!