Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 08-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #31
glo32
Eskimo Regular

So everyone knows, this damiensongs guy likes Damien's music but hates Damien. I'm not sure if he's an eskimo, but his thoughts are similar to what some people in here thinks so I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's them. So don't even bother sending him messages asking to take down the song, it just won't work. He will reply that he has every right to upload everything he wants, because Damien has no respect for his fans because he hasn't released a new album in 6 years and bla bla.

I know everyone wants to listen to the song, but if you really do, please ask around to people that already has it, send pm's and stuff. Just don't listen to damiensongs' video, because the more people go to see his video, the more views he gets, the more popular his channel becomes, and the consequences would be 1. people will find The Greatest Bastard more easily and 2. he will never stop doing this, uploading new songs even when he's not allowed to.

I'm very pissed at this guy. It's not the first time it happens, and it's not someone you can talk to, because he has zero respect for Damien and his will. I will never understand how someone can split the artist from the person, because it's all part of the package for me, and if I hate the person, I lose interest for his music too.
But if damiensongs can do it, that's his call... If he doesn't want to respect Damien and his will, that's fine I suppose. I just think we shouldn't support him and his channel, and we should also hope that someone at the DR Headquarters doesn't really get pissed off and start taking down every single unreleased song off youtube. You know there are some managements that do it, right? Pearl Jam / Eddie Vedder's HQ do it all the time. Even Glen's new songs were removed from youtube before the album release. We are lucky that until now both Damien and his management didn't really care about these leaks... I just can see a future when they start caring. Either that, or Damien will stop trusting people and never play a new song before its release.
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #32
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

say goodbye to aftershows
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #33
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

bye bye aftershows you were too good to be true guess we'll never see you again
Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #34
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

any chance we can delete the link in the first page posts? the video is unlisted, so it doesn't come up on youtube searches. we are giving this guy a lot of referral views
Old 08-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #35
glo32
Eskimo Regular

right...
we can do the "report post" thing... and then emmett or wheels will decide what to do...
Old 08-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #36
Beauseant
Little green

After hearing the song (thanks again, yoga girl!), I have to say that the words seem much more honest after I heard him singing it! So wonderful.

Yet, I have to say that I felt it was a little... too soft. I needed a great high point, a peak. And throughout all the song I felt it was sang and played without much of a change ar any development...

But it is still a great Damo song. Feels like a combination between the blowers and canonnball in some strange way...
Beauseant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #37
Beauseant
Little green

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
So everyone knows, this damiensongs guy likes Damien's music but hates Damien. I'm not sure if he's an eskimo, but his thoughts are similar to what some people in here thinks so I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's them. So don't even bother sending him messages asking to take down the song, it just won't work. He will reply that he has every right to upload everything he wants, because Damien has no respect for his fans because he hasn't released a new album in 6 years and bla bla.

I know everyone wants to listen to the song, but if you really do, please ask around to people that already has it, send pm's and stuff. Just don't listen to damiensongs' video, because the more people go to see his video, the more views he gets, the more popular his channel becomes, and the consequences would be 1. people will find The Greatest Bastard more easily and 2. he will never stop doing this, uploading new songs even when he's not allowed to.

I'm very pissed at this guy. It's not the first time it happens, and it's not someone you can talk to, because he has zero respect for Damien and his will. I will never understand how someone can split the artist from the person, because it's all part of the package for me, and if I hate the person, I lose interest for his music too.
But if damiensongs can do it, that's his call... If he doesn't want to respect Damien and his will, that's fine I suppose. I just think we shouldn't support him and his channel, and we should also hope that someone at the DR Headquarters doesn't really get pissed off and start taking down every single unreleased song off youtube. You know there are some managements that do it, right? Pearl Jam / Eddie Vedder's HQ do it all the time. Even Glen's new songs were removed from youtube before the album release. We are lucky that until now both Damien and his management didn't really care about these leaks... I just can see a future when they start caring. Either that, or Damien will stop trusting people and never play a new song before its release.
I agree with every single word you wrote.
What about reporting to the YT management? I know that they do get involved when something might be considered as illegal, and we can argue about that guy's right to publish that song. (Even if the chances are small...)
Old 08-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #38
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

but the creepy thing is the way this guy Damiensongs has obtained the last songs... cos it's not his songs, he wasn't at the concerts (I guess he'll never go as he hates Damien)... for Back to Her Man he stole the video off a private Youtube channel, went there, took it, and upped it on his channel... for the Bastard... long story short somebody upped it to YT for like 5 seconds by mistake, but it was enough for this guy Damiensongs to record it and pass it to his channel... so clearly the guy has zero morals... plus as Glo said, it's someone that you cannot talk, argue or discuss cos he's got the (wrong) kind of Damien fan that hates Damien with all his guts while being obsessed about having a channel about him...

so Back to Her Man was also on Dime... but I guess that's ok cos the guy asked Damien personally... but I'd also say, people that recorded, don't put the aftershows on Dime or the new songs, cos that is as bad or even worst than putting them on YT!

the end
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #39
riodejanero
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
but the creepy thing is the way this guy Damiensongs has obtained the last songs... cos it's not his songs, he wasn't at the concerts (I guess he'll never go as he hates Damien)... for Back to Her Man he stole the video off a private Youtube channel, went there, took it, and upped it on his channel... for the Bastard... long story short somebody upped it to YT for like 5 seconds by mistake, but it was enough for this guy Damiensongs to record it and pass it to his channel... so clearly the guy has zero morals... plus as Glo said, it's someone that you cannot talk, argue or discuss cos he's got the (wrong) kind of Damien fan that hates Damien with all his guts while being obsessed about having a channel about him...

so Back to Her Man was also on Dime... but I guess that's ok cos the guy asked Damien personally... but I'd also say, people that recorded, don't put the aftershows on Dime or the new songs, cos that is as bad or even worst than putting them on YT!

the end

Hey is it OK to post aftershow footage of already released songs? I have a footage of Grey Room during the Florence aftershow, and the part where he was teaching the chorus to Back to Her Man, but then when he said turn off your cameras I did and never turned it on again.
riodejanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #40
Beauseant
Little green

Quote:
Originally Posted by riodejanero View Post
Hey is it OK to post aftershow footage of already released songs? I have a footage of Grey Room during the Florence aftershow, and the part where he was teaching the chorus to Back to Her Man, but then when he said turn off your cameras I did and never turned it on again.
It's alright.
The thing is that "The greatest bastard" is a song Damien requested not to video, a song he wanted to remain unknown.
Probably because it's an unrleased one... If he wanted people to hear it, he would have played it at the gigs (like he did with "The box"), but he chose to play it at the little aftershows instead... And if I'm not mistaken, he didn't play it in all the aftershows on this tour, so he's really trying to keep it down for now.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #41
A Girl That Does Yoga
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Well I don't remember Damien singing any contract to say he will release new album when we demand. I am kind of sick of "he's terrible because he is not releasing anything" accusations. We would all like a new album, I am sure, but if he doesn't feel like releasing it, I'm good with aftershows too.

The person who posted this obviously stole recording as he/she wrote it is from Prague and the truth is this song wasn't played in Prague. After all, he says "Grazie" at the end.

But I'm glad video can't be seen without link, at least that is something.
A Girl That Does Yoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #42
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauseant View Post
It's alright.
The thing is that "The greatest bastard" is a song Damien requested not to video, a song he wanted to remain unknown.
Probably because it's an unrleased one... If he wanted people to hear it, he would have played it at the gigs (like he did with "The box"), but he chose to play it at the little aftershows instead... And if I'm not mistaken, he didn't play it in all the aftershows on this tour, so he's really trying to keep it down for now.
it seems this video isnt getting hits and unlisted it therefor it is an eskimo because the picture was taken from here and why would they unlist it if all the BS they are getting is coming from this site alone (so it seems anyway) i remember the original video as i posted it and i do remember seeing a bunch of people videotaping it (at least 2 plus video itself) , why would damien allow so many people to tape it right in front of him and take his chances??? pretty risky i would say if he wanted it unexposed

nonetheless if we let this thread dissapear, the youtube link willl go mostly unnoticed. perhaps no more comments here and let it go in archives

that said, I am not as big a fan of the song as others
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #43
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
why would damien allow so many people to tape it right in front of him and take his chances??? pretty risky i would say if he wanted it unexposed
how can he "not allow" people to tape? he can't take their cameras and throw them away. the only thing he can do is asking people to keep the recordings for themselves and not to share them online with the world...
Old 08-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #44
Cerque
Resident Irishman

Quote:

if I hate the person, I lose interest for his music too.

I think thats a bad hole to fall into. There are a lot of ass holes out there, it shouldn't determine whether or not you can enjoy their music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post

the end

How do we know this guy hates Damien exactly??

Last edited by Cerque; 08-19-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #45
Tennisandcello5
Eskimo Friend

I can't wait to hear the song, but fir now just reading the lyrics is moving. Such beautiful poem!
Tennisandcello5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #46
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

here's a good version of this song FWIW, maybe i shouldnt post this but i could delete it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7MgxMyP3S4
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #47
Beauseant
Little green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantMan View Post
here's a good version of this song FWIW, maybe i shouldnt post this but i could delete it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7MgxMyP3S4
I'm surprised he did that one in a "main" gig! Although it doesn't make much of a difference from the aftershow time, because it was such a small gig.
I wonder if he asked the crowd not to tape.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #48
Chrysler
Eskimo Regular

What i think is interesting is that these unreleased songs are not really new at all, but he's starting to perform them more and more and to bigger audiences in "main shows".
Perhaps he's satisfied with how they work out.

"The Box" was first performed 1 year and 4 month ago in iceland. That when a video of it was uploaded to youtube.
Also Damien told in Oslo that he wrote "Back to her Man" back when he performed with Leonard Cohen. That's like four years ago?

All the other gems like What the Night is for, Beauty & Beast, Forgotten Deers etc. are even five years and older by now...
But it's not a matter of age. Many are very good and he adds some of them to his regular set. Thats whats important. Maybe he'll be even back with a new album.... Just Kidding

Last edited by Chrysler; 08-27-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Chrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #49
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote