Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-06-2004, 08:09 AM   #1
NeedlessAlley
Eskimo Baby

ok after listening to the album I really think the whole album is a concept album about a whole relationship, telling the story from when it all started going wrong untill the end.

can anyone confirm that this is true????????????????????
NeedlessAlley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 08:42 AM   #2
tj
Phono Vox

That's a good concept, however, Damien has told many different stories about the meanings of many different songs on the album. I Remember is certainly about a whole relationship so I doubt the Delicate being about the same relationship...ya know? Maybe I'm wrong...maybe you're right...a stronger source would be good on this point...
Old 01-06-2004, 08:57 AM   #3
myvolcano
Eskimo Friend

it seems to carry a theme, definitely...it starts out kind of sad, with Delicate, and then continues through that until Eskimo...where he sounds like he's just gone crazy. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 10:09 AM   #4
Kathleen
Eskimo Friend

http://www.freecfm.com/d/damien/interviews.asp?bostonglobe2=yes
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:20 PM   #5
Bumpman

perhaps it's just a happy little coincidence due to the over analysis of "O", or perhaps some things are too beautiful to merit explanation...[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] Edited by: Bumpman
Bumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 03:48 PM   #6
Martini
Eskimo Regular

i don't think so. to me it sounds as if every single song is about a different girl and relationship.
Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:07 AM   #7
Illusions
Eskimo Regular

i think the album no doubt has a flow about it and it is an album about the pain, joy and overall intense emotionsthat inrelationships

i don't think it is all about one realtionship

infact i am pretty sureits not,

at one gig i saw, damien explained a little about older chests and it was about the changing of society and people taking the little joys and wonders of life for granted more than it was about a relationship between two people
Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:40 AM   #8
NeedlessAlley
Eskimo Baby

thanks for the link,

and dont you think its great that one album can mean so much to loads of different people! and whether its a story or not it still is very easy to relate to.

"o" has a special meaning to me andin my eyes will always tell a story. thats the beauty of music, it can man what you want it to and it will always relate to personal situations

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
NeedlessAlley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:23 AM   #9
marina
Eskimo Regular

Cheers Darlin'....i always thought twas about some long meaningful relationship he had...and then when they broke up she started seeing someone else and Damien couldn't handle it (and i died...when you mentioned ...his name) but in Vicar St last Dec he told the storey of missing the bus home coz he was chatting to this girl in a bar and they were getting on really well...until she mentioned she was supposed to meet her boyfriend. So poor Damo had to get a taxi home on his own and he had hardly any money etc and when he got in home he just started recording and there you have it.

sure who knows? i doubt anyone but himself knows the true storey behind any of his songs