Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Musician Stuff

Old 03-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
snowbaby
Eskimo Regular

Default vibrations...

my guitar does this weird vibrating thingy not great sound when it happens... anyone any ideas for help?? it would be much appreciated.. i gotta audition for this talent show thingy on wednesday!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #2
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

is it the strings hitting off the metal fret thingy's? or maye the action is poo?
Old 03-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
snowbaby
Eskimo Regular

hmmmm im just not sure......just sometimes if i don't have a good enough grip on the fret it'll go clang like...
Old 03-12-2005, 09:33 PM   #4
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

clang clang clang with the trolly, ring ring ring with the bells, zing zing zing with my heart strings........

sorry i couldnt help it
Old 03-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #5
snowbaby
Eskimo Regular

hahahahaha how have i not talked to u before miss pink?? you're funny out
Old 03-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

cuz ur a newbie. and i must shower not, i stink!! long days in work = smelly pinky! of this is my chance to balg, check out my art and lemme no what u think? its my home page in my proflie!

tlk 2 u later!!!

kisses

oh and call me pinky xx
Old 03-14-2005, 12:33 AM   #7
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

your best bet is to bring it to a guitar shop and let them look at it... it sounds like it could be the action on your guitar... meaning its slightly bent
that or it could be a problem with the bridge...
its not too hard to fix

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:59 PM   #8
snowbaby
Eskimo Regular

i think its the metal bars on the frets...?? is there anything i can do about those??
Old 03-16-2005, 05:52 PM   #9
Jen de mighty
Dancin' eskimo

take it into a shop anyway..hey today's wednesday!!good luck in the talent thing dude xx
Old 03-16-2005, 08:39 PM   #10
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbaby
i think its the metal bars on the frets...?? is there anything i can do about those??
my best bet is that the action is bent... meaning ur guitar is slightly crooked and the strings are too close to the fret board

a shop can fix so thats your best bet

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:04 PM   #11
snowbaby
Eskimo Regular

thanks revelate/jeweller ...u a frames fan?? i shall get it looked at but i think its that the strings are too far away from the fret board if that makes sense? thanks for your help neways all
Old 03-17-2005, 09:40 PM   #12
mjb79
Eskimo Eater

Default re

humidify it.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:36 PM   #13
snowbaby
Eskimo Regular

hmmm how do i do that??
Old 03-18-2005, 12:51 AM   #14
awoooo
Eskimo Baby

....just get your guitar maintenanced, or even setup to how u like it. depending on what the problem is, it could cost u some money to fix it, so while your at it, why not take it to a pro to set it up for u perfectly, and the buzzing will be gone..

Last edited by awoooo; 03-18-2005 at 12:57 AM.
awoooo is offline   Reply With Quote