Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Musician Stuff

Old 08-13-2007, 01:14 AM   #1
Nine
Inuit

Default Advice on pedals please!!

Acoustic guitarist, music is sort of Joe Purdy, Damien style, I'm a complete beginner when it comes to pedals and looping. Price isn't an issue at the moment, which of these should I go for, weighing up for easiness of use (I really am a total beginner) and quality:

Line6 DL4 http://line6.com/products/detail/31/

or

Boss RC-50 http://www.roland.com/products/en/RC-50/index.html
Old 08-13-2007, 01:24 AM   #2
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

100% the boss its by far the most dominatingly awesome loop pedal on the market.

PS im jealous you can afford one, I cant even scrape together to get the lower model boss.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:43 AM   #3
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
100% the boss its by far the most dominatingly awesome loop pedal on the market.

PS im jealous you can afford one, I cant even scrape together to get the lower model boss.
thanks for the advice tommy Well, someone owes me £500 from about 2years ago, and I only just got it back! (long story)... It'd been gone so long that I'd kind of payed it back to myself and almost forgotten about it, so I thought f*ck it me wants looping pedalz me can has looping pedalz
Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 AM   #4
Nine
Inuit

Oh oh PS - T, why is it that the Boss one is better? (Bearing in mind I wouldn't need to loop more than 14secs per phrase)
x
Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
Calum
Eskimo Regular

Nahhh, you don't need the Boss for what you want. The Boss RC-50 is far too advanced and complex for your needs. As well as fulfilling your looping needs (Damien seems to cope ), the Line 6 is also a delay pedal, so hey, i know which one i'd choose. Oooh, and the Line 6 is considerably cheaper. So unless you want a really heavy duty looping station for recording an obscene amount of overdubs... then it's the Line 6.

By the way, i don't really have any pedals either, but only because i'm unable to work for money!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

they make cycling a lot easier and less painful
Old 08-13-2007, 11:12 AM   #7
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Getting the RC-50 would be overkil. I don't think anyone uses live loops better than Final Fantasy and he uses the RC-20.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

True dat, I would only buy the RC-20 not the RC-50 but if you want a dedicated looping station id go for the RC-20 and not the line6
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #9
coreyb
eskiphotographer

i gotta disagree and say the DL4 is a dream... i've tried the rc20 and felt it was not a very user-intuitive machine... th DL4 can be very simple if you want it to be or very complex if needed... +1 for the DL4 - i wouldn't trade mine for anything but a boomerang
coreyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #10
Nine
Inuit

ahhh i just don't know! i can't choose. Hmmmm.
the RC20 just looks more clear than the DL4 - you know, labelwise. But I guess once you get the hang of things it doesn't matter. Maybe i'll go for the DL4.

I'm gunna set up a poll