Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > www.EskimoFriends.com > www.EskimoFriends.com

Old 03-04-2005, 11:57 AM   #1
cille
creepycute

Default What do we miss from the old igloo?

Ok, don't mean to spread negative vibes here or anything, cause this new igloo certainly is lovely,

i just miss some features from the old format:

- the 'introduce yourself' forum for welcoming new members - i think this forum had a lot to do with the friendly atmos of the igloo, i'd really love to get that back

- the 'latest post' feature at the bottom of the front page was great too, then you could see where 'the buzz' was RIGHT HERE AND NOW, and it made the dialogue very dynamic, almost chat room-like at times - i liked that

could we get any of these thingies back perhaps?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:19 PM   #2
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillecille

- the 'latest post' feature at the bottom of the front page was great too, then you could see where 'the buzz' was RIGHT HERE AND NOW, and it made the dialogue very dynamic, almost chat room-like at times - i liked that
me too, i also liked that the user info was on the left of the post, rather than on top
Old 03-04-2005, 12:25 PM   #3
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Cille... those features are here too!!

The 'Introduce Yourself' forum is exactly as it was...

As for the 'latest post' feature - click the "new posts" button in the middle of the menu bar at the top and you get all the latest posts

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
As for the 'latest post' feature - click the "new posts" button in the middle of the menu bar at the top and you get all the latest posts
cool
Old 03-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
cille
creepycute

Quote:

The 'Introduce Yourself' forum is exactly as it was...
sheesh, i have straw for brains today it seems! (or maybe not just today...? )

i swear i was seriously looking and looking and looking for it and couldn't find it

Quote:

yeah but i liked it better when it was there all the time so you couldn't avoid seeing where the action was
Old 03-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Is there a way to sort those by forum? I think they are now sorted by posting time. There are certain forums, like the musician's ones, that I never read and it's currently harder to to go through the new posts if I only log on once a day and get two pages full of search results.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #7
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Not that I know of Angela...

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #8
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Oh, here's another one: in the signature editing dialog there is no way to insert a picture. I miss my penguin.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:02 PM   #9
eims
Eskimo Eejit

Location: University of Wales, Aberystwyth. Originally from Norn Iron tho..

The way the date is shown the 'american way'- the month first and then the date!! It confuses me soo much...
Old 03-04-2005, 08:32 PM   #10
TBone
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
Is there a way to sort those by forum? I think they are now sorted by posting time. There are certain forums, like the musician's ones, that I never read and it's currently harder to to go through the new posts if I only log on once a day and get two pages full of search results.
if you click on new post and look to the right of the post titles it tell you what the forum names are, I think thats what you were looking for...

(i miss being able to put icons in your post not just your title but in your post, i dont think you can, i didnt do it too much, but i do like my options open)

=TBone
Old 03-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #11
PAgirl9
Word painter

Location: Location: Here in front of the computer reading your messages.Where I live: PA,USA
Unhappy

I MISS MY STARS!!!!!! I was so proud when I hit three....I felt as though I accomplished something.
PAgirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:32 PM   #12
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone
if you click on new post and look to the right of the post titles it tell you what the forum names are, I think thats what you were looking for...

(i miss being able to put icons in your post not just your title but in your post, i dont think you can, i didnt do it too much, but i do like my options open)

=TBone
Yes, the forum names are still there, but now I have to look at them all. It used to be sorted before; you know, like all "introduce yourself" threads were together. Now it's all jumbled up. No biggie, though.

To use icons you need to turn on your WYSIWYG edittor. It's somewhere in your User Control Panel.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:14 AM   #13
auhsor
Friend of Eskimos

I think it looked better when the bar where the name and avatar etc is was to the left of the post. This saves alot of room on the forum I think.

Last edited by auhsor; 03-05-2005 at 12:15 AM. Reason: typo
auhsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #14
marloes
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
Yes, the forum names are still there, but now I have to look at them all. It used to be sorted before; you know, like all "introduce yourself" threads were together. Now it's all jumbled up. No biggie, though.
yeah, I agree with Angela on this one. I liked it better when all the new posts were sorted by category, it was more conveniently arranged that way.
marloes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:32 PM   #15
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillecille
What about the "last post" column? Do you look at that? It's not *exactly* the same, but it comes close.

I'm slowly getting used to it all