Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 12-28-2003, 10:02 PM   #1
Im_Lonelily
Eskimo Baby

just saw damien at the 9.30 club in D.C. i live in maryland but it was the closest venue. amazing show. just got tickets for next april 16th in NYC at beacon theater. anyone else going to that gig? or, anyone from around md wanna come with? [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 01:57 PM   #2
EndUvTheWrld
Eskimo Friend

Good Lord, I've been trying so hard to get good tickets to that show. What are they praytell?
Old 12-29-2003, 02:35 PM   #3
Peter
Eskimo Baby

Lonelily - saw damien at 9:30 as well... going up to NYC, but stopping in outside of philly for the show on thursday as well - should be a good time. i snagged third row for both.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 02:58 PM   #4
Im_Lonelily
Eskimo Baby

i guess ill see you there peter cause i got 3rd row as well. EndUv -orch cc seat 1 is my seat, to be exact, the other ticket is a few seats down still 3rd row(i bought them seperatly)....cant wait. d.c. show was amazing no matter how sick they were. i was also pleasently surprised by pedestrian! i wanted to go to thedarby show as well, i just have to see if they still have tickets left when i get some extra money. if not, ill try for the boston show....Peter...we should meet up in nyc! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 08:04 PM   #5
DougP
Eskimo Baby

I saw a couple of shows at the Beacon recently. It's a union place and theykeep theshows pretty short.Thye don;t care who's on stage. I guess it depends how long the warmup is butit was pretty disappointing. Great place to listen to music though for a medium size venue. Looking forward to the Beacon anyway. I guess the new CD will be out by then.

Take care

DougP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:37 PM   #6
Im_Lonelily
Eskimo Baby

how short? [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]im wondering if i should buy tickets for boston the night after as well, or darby the night before.....i heard avalon in boston is gen admission, is darby as well? id like to go to another ga show, more chance of getting up front.....
Old 12-30-2003, 08:22 PM   #7
DougP
Eskimo Baby

I saw Lucinda Williams there and she had a long warmupband. She played for maybe an hour and a half, tops. I think its just a union curfew rule maybe. I wouldsee him there and one other place if I were you.Pedestrian played very long sets and he had Rachel Yamagata with Pedestrian and it took over 2 hours for DR to take the stage but Irving Plaza let him play until he dropped. The shorter the warmup, the longer he'll play I guess at these union places. Cant worry about it though.

D
DougP is offline   Reply With Quote