Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 01-08-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
Jarv
Eskimo Regular

Hey, i'v got a ticket to see damien in the Brixton academy, but im just an Irish mess, and the thought of travelling to, what I'v heard, is a very dodgy and violent place to see damien play in a huge academy(really huge, apparently) I saw him play witness and i want the next gig to be as small and intimate as possible.......bloody Brixton,the things i do for music.

Any comments at all would be really appreciated, cheers loads
Old 01-08-2004, 02:52 PM   #2
incident
Eskimo Baby

You're right, Brixton Academy is fairlyhuge.. It holds about 6,000 people I think, so it'll be probably damo's biggest headline show to date.
incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:56 PM   #3
incident
Eskimo Baby

Forgot to mention.. don't worry about the area too much.. it's got a bad reputation, but it's nowhere near as dodgy as it used to be. I'd say dublin on a saturday night would be more dangerous..

The Academy is fairly close to Brixton tube station,a little over 5 minutes walk, or there's always taxi's if you feel unsafe.
incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
Jarv
Eskimo Regular

Cheers, feelin loads better about it now. Im more bothered about the venue size. As long as i get a ticket for one of his upcoming Irish shows it'll be sound. I'll bring my cloak of invisibility just in case.....wait a minute*ponders quietly* DAMN!! I swapped that for a cigarette one night!!.....*curses his weak will and addiction*
Old 01-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #5
Niamh
Eskimo Baby

i live 10 mins up the road from brixton, and the academy is a wicked place to see live music. some of the best bands in the world would rather play brixton than any other london venue. its not rough. youl probably see at least 3 famous people, as it is trendy. it holds a few thousand at a squash and only ever gets violent when you have a room full of the 15 year old indie kids who are on pills. when you get out of the station turn right and its about 2 mins down the road... loads of very cheap pubs on the way so get there early. i didnt get a ticket but ill be there! just dont accept anything from the rustas, especially not crack...

it can be dodgy, but there will be a few thousand other damien fans so you wont be alone. AND ITS NOT UNSAFE as long as your not stupid and walk down back streets... but thats a totally different topic. you will have fun. see you there, unlikely, but hey...
Niamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:19 PM   #6
lone_lily
Eskimo Baby

yay! I'm gonna be there too and getting really excited about it now! Have been so busy recently I completely forgot I even had tickets! I know I know, that's bad and I shouldn't admit it, but yeah!I'm all excited now!! tehe!! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]