Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 09-29-2003, 11:45 AM   #1
neil_eats
Eskimo Regular

im sure we all know but everytime i listen im finding new joy in each of the tracks, not found such joy in an album since the doors first album.

at the moment im really feeling the eskimo vibe, what a track to end the album on (ignoring the secrets). cannonball is probably my favourite on the album due to the wear and tear of its repetative play before id heard any other of damos stuff and the lyrics hit home straight to the heart and echo personal experience. damn those women!

whats everyone elses thoughts on the album, favourite song and theyre current damo fave? and why? and if not why not?!?
neil_eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 02:31 PM   #2
DopeyDylan
Eskimo Friend

I'm also class my fave as Cannonball... tho Blowers Daughter and Cold Water get me everytime live!

I don't think there is a weak track on the album! It is just a beautiful journey of the male psyche, successfully articulated by Damo, with his trusty sidekicks!

Current Damo faves are Blowers Daughter part 2 :-) ... Not to mention Insane, Sand, and The professor/La fille Danse....

Another favourite (that I don't have, but if anyone does, I would REALLY REALLY appreciate a copy of) is a song he played at the Union Chapel gig.... it had a lyric along the lines of 'a half painted frame of a frame that won't stain' and 'I'm not your god'</font>....

I did find out the name from Damo's team via his site (albeit it had 3 possible names at the time!), but unfortunately lost the name when my PC's hard drive got corrupted, which lost my copy of the KCRW MP3's as well as odd other tracks.

I'm still looking for many of the unreleased songs (and will still be buying the albums they eventually appear on!) such as Wooden horse, Tongue, My city sh!tty, fool, boring afternoon, girl who does yoga, etc (the list goes on!). The more I hear, the more I wanna hear!

I find him similar to David Gray in only 1 way.... That being Every time you listen to the CD, you hear something new and beautiful, or something that leaves you asking a question for the next time you listen!

Damo rules!

Thanks to Emmett, Iain, Micko, Mario, and Neil_Eats,for your sites/uploads/ftp's/etc!

I've been trying to crack the guitar tab for Blowers Daughter 2. I think I'm pretty close, so I'll post it on here over the next few days!
DopeyDylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:47 PM   #3
FoxyAmie
Eskimo Baby

Hey am new to the form.I absolutetly agree with you neil I love the Eskimo song at the end.It still gives me shivers and goosebumps on my skin each time I hear it. Volcanoe is probably my fav song of the album however The Professor and Woman like a man are really amazing also!

I saw Damo at the Witness feastival this summer here in Ireland and it made my summer...can't wait till he returns!He rocks!
Old 09-29-2003, 03:56 PM   #4
tis_me_Tania
Eskimo Regular

!! Amie?come-sit-on-my-wall-and-read-me-the-story-of-O Amie?

welcome!!
tis_me_Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 07:42 PM   #5
tis_me_Tania
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyDylan
Another favourite (that I don't have, but if anyone does, I would REALLY REALLY appreciate a copy of) is a song he played at the Union Chapel gig.... it had a lyric along the lines of 'a half painted frame of a frame that won't stain' and 'I'm not your god'....

i have the union chapel disc but.. i cant tell which song that is? im too lazy to golook andplay it..mebbe all this studying is finally fryingmy brain..but i really dont remember any song by those lyrics.

as for your q neil.. my fav song is probably Cheers Darlin, I remember, and Cold Water. Especially the ending of I remember. i play it over and over and over.classic.Prague deserves honorable mention too. ehh..i would keep on but i feel like all this has been said already..lol
tis_me_Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 12:25 AM   #6
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

i feel the detaste for women here....and as for your subject answer...O is like what sex is for a prison inmate after getting out. Or better yet, sex in itself...it can only get better.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:42 AM   #7
Sionna
Eskimo Regular

Good description tasha [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Sionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 10:49 AM   #8
WeeAngel
Eskimo Angel

my fave are d first 6 songs !! cannonball and woman like a man are my fave's at d mo! and i love d bit were lisa sings in the blowers daughter!

Guy on Airplane: Oh great, I always end up sitting next to a damn baby.
Stewie: What did you just say?
Lois: Stewie, stop fussing.
Stewie: Pipe down Lois. (Slaps guy on head.) Hey big man, turn around. Oh you can't hear me now. I was going to watch the movie, but forget it. For the next 5 hours, you're my bitch.
WeeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 11:19 PM   #9
rachel705
Eskimo Baby

Women like a man is not on my CD. Is it different for USA buyers?
rachel705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:37 AM   #10
neil_eats
Eskimo Regular

no thats just genrally a favourite of peoples, it has so far been released as a promo single or something correct me if im wrong, its to be on the next album so damo reckons.
neil_eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:09 AM   #11
marina
Eskimo Regular

hi i got the "woman like a man" singlefrom the Damien rice website, before that the blowers daughter was probably my favourite damien song but now im in 2 minds!! you can buy it from the site and it's well worth it. also love delicate and volcano
Old 10-01-2003, 04:23 PM   #12
Dr:J
Eskimo Friend

O's one of those albums that don't have a weak song on it. Not too many of them around..

He is one hell of a guitar player, just like i'd like to be able to play someday. Esp on Cannonball, what a magician..

Best single moment on O is, after serious consideration, on Cold water, when he first sings "cold, cold water", and his voice breaks a little on the word "water". love, love, love it =O)
Dr:J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:24 PM   #13
ShLeY
muuuusic

I will never get sick of The Blowers Daughter
ShLeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 02:46 AM   #14
layne
Eskimo Baby

At the moment I cant get enough of I remember and cold water. 2 great songs from an amazing album
layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:19 AM   #15
marina
Eskimo Regular

hear hear [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #16
ciara
Eskimo Baby

my favourite song changes with my moods.Amie sticks out though...
ciara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 04:32 PM   #17
ThePennydrops
Eskimo Friend

I love the later tracks on the album, songs like Amie and Cheers Darlin' stand out for me. I also find the secret track of Silent Night totally haunting.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:06 PM   #18
Aisling
Mel is so hot right now

i'm more into the last six on the album. then again i always have to do things differently dont i...
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote