Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 02-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
TBone
Eskimo Friend

hey, its kinda funny how i found out about Damien, I mean, ive heard of the name before but never thought much about it, but one day i was watching TV and saw a commercial of a movie called "Closer" and I loved the music that I heard on the commericial, and then a long while (like a few months) went by, i forgot about the song and went on with my life, then i started humming it in my head a few days ago and caught interest in this "mystery song", and then on my way driving to band practice i turned on the radio to 92.5... "the river" and the song was on again!!! but then i listened in the end to hear the artist and the song title, but i didnt hear it. So i went onto "the river's" web site the next day and emailed the disc jockey asking about the song, and then she emailed me telling me that the song was called the "Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice, from the albumn "O" and then the next day on a trip to Boston, I went to newbury street comics and paid 22 dollars for the cd/dvd combo of the albumn "O". I then went home, put on the cd and fell in love with it, i then learned the chords and lyrics for the "Blower's Daughter" , and got my family to like Damien too, my moms in love with the cd too. I then went online the next night to damien rice dot com, registered, and posted this message, and thats where I am now, totally in love with this albumn and Damien as my new favorite artist, so to Damien... keep on rocking, Ill keep on buying, and music will keep on living in the both of us[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]... til next time

=TBone
Old 02-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #2
eims
Eskimo Eejit

Location: University of Wales, Aberystwyth. Originally from Norn Iron tho..

cool story [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
coreybyrnes
eskiphotographer

yea boston... born and raised and still livinghere myself