Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 10-12-2003, 05:42 AM   #1
messyjessie
Eskimo Friend

oh my oh my oh my!!! the best gig i've seen in a looooong time... aside from the tall arse's head in my way the whole show... i had about 3 guys behind me that wanted to go make him shorter themselves... anyway...
here's how the show went-
delicate
volcano
older chests
woman like a man
amie
the professor
eskimo
purple haze
i remember
(babble about not really knowing what they're doing... which lead to some requests...)
childish
bottom shelf
cannonball(decided on his own)
------------
face
groovin' (some gurl yelled it out)
cold water-> hallelujah(i yelled it out just b4 coldwater, i'm hoping that's why he did it... i'll just keep dreaming )
blower's daughter

soooo... the last 3 songs had me reeling... they were the 3 i wanted to hear at this gig most... soooo... i was a happy gurl...
lisa is sick, so she won't be around for a few more shows... which makes me think that she's a mirage, as i've never seen her in person... maybe it's planned that way?
alas,... brilliant gig... and if anyone taped it... please please please let me know...
oh! and at some point he went into a few metallica bits, cuz they ended one song with "dunh, dunh dunh ne nnnnnuuuuuhhhhhh"(on the guitar... don't know how to write it... but you know those guitar endings,.... right? anyway....) so then damo said "i wonder who first ended a song with that..." then someone yelled out "metallica!!" so he went into umm... the one with the soft sorta-spoken bit in the beginning... "so close but... blah blah blah..." damo cuts off, everyone laughs, and he went onto the next song.
right... so i'm going to go now, as i should really be doing something better than sitting at a computer whilst i'm in glasgow...
jessie
messyjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 06:03 AM   #2
messyjessie
Eskimo Friend

ps, my lovely irish friend just reminded me that i suck... damo was talking about not knowing what to do b4 the professor... yes, and so someone yelled out for that, they did it... and he went into eskimo on his own, then purple haze and i remember, and then childish... and then the boy i didn't see but decided that i love, decided to yell out for bottom shelf... and then the rest of that is still correct... thank you to my irish pal for the reminder
Old 10-12-2003, 06:18 AM   #3
you&me
Eskimo Baby

<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="1170763734">An absolutely amazing gig. Very different from the Jan one at Cottiers - but that was mostly due to the different line up I think...</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="1170763734">I'm the girl in the t-shirt who wouldn't go up and sing in Cold, cold water and am now majorly regretting it... Even though </LABEL><LABEL SessionId="1170763734">I know I'd only have made a fool of myself I have a feeling I may have made one of the worst mistakes of my life. C'est la vie.....[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="1170763734">Met Damien at the end though - lovely bloke.</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="1170763734">Great gig - roll on February.....</LABEL>
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 06:20 AM   #4
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

does he do shorter sets in the UK? that one isn't nearly as long as the US tour closer with it's 18 song set and 7 song encore
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 06:34 AM   #5
messyjessie
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me

&lt;LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="1170763734"&gt;An absolutely amazing gig. Very different from the Jan one at Cottiers - but that was mostly due to the different line up I think...&lt;/LABEL&gt;

&lt;LABEL SessionId="1170763734"&gt;I'm the girl in the t-shirt who wouldn't go up and sing in Cold, cold water and am now majorly regretting it... Even though &lt;/LABEL&gt;&lt;LABEL SessionId="1170763734"&gt;I know I'd only have made a fool of myself I have a feeling I may have made one of the worst mistakes of my life. C'est la vie.....[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]&lt;/LABEL&gt;

&lt;LABEL SessionId="1170763734"&gt;Met Damien at the end though - lovely bloke.&lt;/LABEL&gt;

&lt;LABEL SessionId="1170763734"&gt;Great gig - roll on February.....&lt;/LABEL&gt;
lucky you! where abouts did you get to meet him? i've met him at the 2 other gigs i've been to, but this time i didn't stick around... which i'm also regretting...
actually, i was thinking about you last night when i got back to the hostel... you are silly! why didn't you go up there? well actually, i think it woulda been hard for me to as well... but sometimes you just have to take a breath and do it anyway
now i'm seriously considering coming back for the feb. gig.... eeeeeek!
Old 10-12-2003, 08:05 AM   #6
Pete
Eskimo Friend

is lisa on this uk tour or not? i dont think shes on the feb one but the official site, still says the lineup is TBC. next friday i see damien for the 2nd time. go pete
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 08:45 AM   #7
messyjessie
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
is lisa on this uk tour or not? i dont think shes on the feb one but the official site, still says the lineup is TBC. next friday i see damien for the 2nd time. go pete
she's supposed to be, but i guess after the play and travelling to LA for the gigs there, she got sick... damo said she'd prolly be out for the next couple gigs but hopefully she'd come for glasgow in february... although the official line up doesn't include her... maybe she'll just come to make up for missing last night...

have soooooo much fun on friday!
Old 10-12-2003, 09:22 AM   #8
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatLies
does he do shorter sets in the UK? that one isn't nearly as long as the US tour closer with it's 18 song set and 7 song encore
He also did "shorter" sets in the US. In Boston, for instance. [img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote