Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-27-2003, 10:07 AM   #1
Varuna
Eskimo Regular

Hey lovely lovely people in the igloo that is not as cold as london is at the moment.

Did Damien play at glastonbury this year (2003) and if so is he a regular and do u think he is gonna do another gig next year's glastonbury.

Anyone who wasn't too stoned to remember please let me know. i will love u forever!!

XXXXXX
Old 11-27-2003, 12:49 PM   #2
administrator
forum administrator

yeah he did play there this year. that was possibly his second year doing it... maybe his first... he was also featured on bbc's coverage and he was invited to play at the glastonbury afters party that was on a couple of weeks after the event. all the reports about next year's glastonbury mention that damien is expected to play, and he'll probably be much higher up the listing as well.

hope you will love me forever! Edited by: emmettu2

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 01:02 PM   #3
Krystian
Eskimo Regular

love the thinking smiley Em[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

http://www.chrismahanukwanzakah.com/
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 01:49 PM   #4
tj
Phono Vox

Deadly...

I saw him on BBC2s coverage playing Volcano

I wonder if any one has the actual gig though..probably not..
Old 11-28-2003, 09:05 AM   #5
Damien Ricicle
Eskimo Friend

I have it in my head, it was brilliant.

Got to a point were he was taking requests as he was only supposed to do 35-40 mins but the Raveonettes gear hadnt turned up so they did about an hour. One of the best moments of my first Glastonbury

Damien Ricicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 11:52 AM   #6
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Is that why they gave him longer? I thought it was because the crowd were loving it. They extended the frames set as well.
#Ian# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 03:42 AM   #7
Varuna
Eskimo Regular

If he is playing next year , i am going just to see him

Old 11-29-2003, 09:56 AM   #8
Mojo_Pin1980
Eskimo Regular

Varuna... start packing![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

GLASTONBURY IS GO!

GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL has been given a licence - meaning the green light for next year's festival.

At a meeting (November 26) of Mendip District Council attended by organiser Michael Eavis, his daughter Emily and Mean Fiddler boss Melvin Benn, the festival was given the go-ahead to take place on June 25-27, 2004. There were ten votes in favour, and one against.

Fortunately for the music fans there was no repeat of 2003's epic five hour meeting, when Mendip District Council's regulatory board rejected the initial application.

In recent years, Glastonbury has struggled to secure its license following overcrowding caused by fence jumpers. However, improved security measures, such as the new perimeter superfencehave been widely regarded as successful.

It is also possible that organisers will introduce an anti-tout ticket system, following the rapid sell-out of this year's event, although nothing has yet been confirmed.

Names in the frame for Glastonbury 2004 include Paul McCartney, with Doves and Damien Rice also in the frame following their appearance at September's Pilton Party.

from www.nme.com
Old 12-02-2003, 09:36 AM   #9
Damien Ricicle
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Ian#
Is that why they gave him longer? I thought it was because the crowd were loving it. They extended the frames set as well.

I thought that at the time but I went to get a beer and lie i nthe sun and watch the Raveonettes for a bit and then ur woman came on stage and said they couldnt play becasue the forwarding company had fecked up and their equipment was stuck somewhere and they werent allowed to use anyone elses gear according to the organisers.

I wish I couldve seen the number of people who were there, I was stood down the front as soon as it started and couldnt really see back, but then I wasnt really looking back...as wont Mr Rice
Damien Ricicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 07:56 AM   #10
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

He drew a good crowd it was pretty packed back as far as where the sound desk was and there were a lot just hanging around past that if I remember correctly.

What was interesting was that he seemed to pick up passers by as the set went on. People stopped, gave it a listen and stayed. Or maybe they were waiting for the Ravonettes.
#Ian# is offline   Reply With Quote