Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Trading

Old 04-21-2004, 04:12 AM   #1
aeneas3
Eskimo Friend

hi guys
just wanted to head things off here with some words of advice for trading and requesting shows and what not.
1. some tapers get upset if people ask for shows before two weeks after a show. in other ways, wait 14 days until asking if a show is available. this is common in all trading communities
2. ftps - set your retries > 120 seconds
3. ftps - do not take more than one show at once. something that i do is go thru and write down which shows i need while browsing the server. then i add one show to the queu and start DLing.
4. b&ps - have patience with how long they take. be nice and if it has been a while just email and ask to make sure they got it. remember they are getting nothing in return to burn ur cds
5. trades - good communication is key. if u dont get them, ask nicely what is going on. if u will be delayed in sending urs out tell the person. life is more important but communication is key.

ok i have to sleep. not sure if this information is elsewhere.
aeneas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:39 AM   #2
natekeegan
Eskimo Friend

Thanks a lot, aeneas, i had no idea about this stuff. i appreciate it.

i think a lot of us are pretty new to this...but thanks.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:09 AM   #3
aeneas3
Eskimo Friend

hey no problem. we all were newbees at one point
aeneas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 03:27 PM   #4
thierryhenry
Eskimo Regular

Natekeegan may be a newbie @ trading, but I am not. All those points are very true. I know from my trading experiences, communication is the best key. As long as you establish a good line of communication with your trader and everything goes well, everybody is happy, and you will eventually trade again. Alot of past traders of Radiohead now offer me new shipment's of DVD's and such right when they come, and burn them and send them to me for nothing if they have the time, based on the merit of my status. Anyone can acheieve that status through kindess and communication when it comes to trading. Another thing on the B+P, You have to remember this person is doing a service to YOU! They have something you want, and instead of either hoarding it, selling it, or saying that you don't have much to trade they won't give you the show. I don't mind at all doing B+P's (usually one show @ a time) for people who have gone to the show and have no other way of getting it. Don't be ridiculous when making B+P requests. Yes all of us are fairly new in the Damien trading circle (I know myself only have like 20 some boots) but asking for more than 2 shows @ a time for a B+P usually get's you into trouble. Be kind and considerate when trading and each party will remain happy by the end result.
thierryhenry is offline   Reply With Quote