Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 09-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
shane_b
Eskimo Regular

Default Favourite Fantasy two versions ?

Is it me being optimisitc or is the version on the Damien rice youtube channel a slightly grainier unprocessed version (that will feature on the album)

and the version being played on the radio is the over produced, compressed version ?
Old 09-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
Accidental Baby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_b View Post
Is it me being optimisitc or is the version on the Damien rice youtube channel a slightly grainier unprocessed version (that will feature on the album)

and the version being played on the radio is the over produced, compressed version ?
I think that's you being optimistic, because the radio version is the one being distributed through iTunes and Spotify.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Yes I think you're being optimistic. The version on Spotify and iTunes is the actual album version. Then he played it acoustic in the video, and the outro is just a slightly edited version of the album version. But I expect to find the "radio" version on the album...
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
shane_b
Eskimo Regular

Still not convinced, there is definitely more dynamics in the short youtube clip even in the end bit than there is on the single released.

The cymbals are much brighter.....I guess time will tell. I'm not sure I like the single the way it's mixed and mastered, they seem to take emphasis away from his voice in bits