Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 09-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
viv
Eskimo Regular

Default Murry. I was there! (weird/fun begining)

I'm starting a new thread since the other go slightly off track! I put a little in there though, so sorry if I repeat myself.

First it started with a tall slim man (i'm pretty sure it was Joel) in a Jesus-looking clothe draped over him and a black hood/mask with big red glowing eyes. He walked out slowly on to the stage, sat down and stared a bit of drumming on this little set up they had a the front of the stage of all sorts of rhythm instruments. He was followed by a really large man in a bright orange jump-suit with something about the "pshyc-ward" on the back. His face was covered with a huge brown curly wig/beard. (he looked like the giant from the Harry Potter movies. i don't watch them so i don't know his name) i later realized this fellow was part of the crew. Then a woman (pretty sure it was vyvienne) came out draped in black, with her hair wrapped in a black cloth with large sunglasses. Finally another man dressed like the first came out. They all sat at the front of the stage doing a nice little rythym number. No one really knew what was going on. IT was pretty funny though. So, like I described everyone's face was covered so I can't be %100 sure who was who, but i'm pretty sure it was Joel, Vyvienne, the drummer (don't know this one's name) and a crew guy. I know none of them were damein. They were all too tall. I"m not making this up kids!

So that only lasted for a few minutes then the lights went back on for about 5 minutes, then it began!!!...................

Last edited by viv; 09-14-2007 at 09:54 PM.
viv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
viv
Eskimo Regular

I didn't write down the setlist, but there was nothing surprising. He opened with The Professor and ended with Coconut Skins. Before the jam durring C.S. he told everyone to feel free to come up to the stage. It was really fun and an amazing jam!!!!! He was not very talkative at all. I think he only told one story before I Remember. But it was all SO good!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
lalla32
Eskimo Regular

LOL, the beginning sounds quite crazy!
And I love that he told you to have mad fun with Coconut Skins and to come up to the stage!

Thank you for sharing!
lalla32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

Loved hearing that!! Glad you had fun!!!!!!!!! xoxo

http://www.myspace.com/5859320
MacrossGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #5
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv
I'm starting a new thread since the other go slightly off track! I put a little in there though, so sorry if I repeat myself.
hehe sorry viv! ... that's what happens when the eskimos lack vital information!! hehe.... it's hard to breath and all of a sudden it feels like the igloo is melting around you and we forget all about geography ... the only way to fight is to come here!
So a million thanks for coming over and giving reviews!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv
First it started with a tall slim man (i'm pretty sure it was Joel) in a Jesus-looking clothe draped over him and a black hood/mask with big red glowing eyes. He walked out slowly on to the stage, sat down and stared a bit of drumming on this little set up they had a the front of the stage of all sorts of rhythm instruments. He was followed by a really large man in a bright orange jump-suit with something about the "pshyc-ward" on the back. His face was covered with a huge brown curly wig/beard. (he looked like the giant from the Harry Potter movies. i don't watch them so i don't know his name) i later realized this fellow was part of the crew. Then a woman (pretty sure it was vyvienne) came out draped in black, with her hair wrapped in a black cloth with large sunglasses. Finally another man dressed like the first came out. They all sat at the front of the stage doing a nice little rythym number. No one really knew what was going on. IT was pretty funny though. So, like I described everyone's face was covered so I can't be %100 sure who was who, but i'm pretty sure it was Joel, Vyvienne, the drummer (don't know this one's name) and a crew guy. I know none of them were damein. They were all too tall. I"m not making this up kids!

So that only lasted for a few minutes then the lights went back on for about 5 minutes, then it began!!!...................
OMG .... this is halarious!!!
If we had made it up it wouldn't have been this good!!
i guess when you're touring for a reaaaaaally long time you to come up with ways to make it fun! .... i bet Dear Damo was backstage cracking up .... just thinking of what people out there were thinking!!!

wish i was there ... thanks for the review!!!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...

Last edited by mariaoran; 09-14-2007 at 10:06 PM.
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:18 PM   #6
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Thanks for the review!!!! Crazy stage entrance!!!!!!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:36 PM   #7
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Glad you had such a great time!! And thanks so much for sharing!! Woohoo!.....nice that got to go on stage with them, sounds incredible !!
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #8
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

So what happened at the end when you wnet onstage????? We want more details???????? And you also mention in that other thread that you met him during the day???????????? details details!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 PM   #9
viv
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
So what happened at the end when you wnet onstage????? We want more details???????? And you also mention in that other thread that you met him during the day???????????? details details!!!!

Oh, we didn't go ON stage, just UP TO the stage. There was quite a bit of room between the first row and the stage so when he gave the go ahead we all just ran up. The stage was pretty low too so it was really cool. One girl did jump up ON stage and started damcing like crazy, but was promptly ushered away!

And I didn't meet him, we just ended up in the same place at the same time for a while. I'm not one to approach people I don't know and he looked like he was trying to just be alone and it would have been inapropriate anyway.

Last edited by viv; 09-14-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #10
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Wow!!! Great story!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:07 AM   #11
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv
Oh, we didn't go ON stage, just UP TO the stage. There was quite a bit of room between the first row and the stage so when he gave the go ahead we all just ran up. The stage was pretty low too so it was really cool. One girl did jump up ON stage and started damcing like crazy, but was promptly ushered away!

And I didn't meet him, we just ended up in the same place at the same time for a while. I'm not one to approach people I don't know and he looked like he was trying to just be alone and it would have been inapropriate anyway.
Awesome Storyyyyy!!!!... you're sooo lucky Viv

Wow... i wouldn't have known what to do!!!! .... i probably would've stared and then run away out of embarrasment!!

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
Old 09-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #12
lalla32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran
Awesome Storyyyyy!!!!... you're sooo lucky Viv

Wow... i wouldn't have known what to do!!!! .... i probably would've stared and then run away out of embarrasment!!
Ah ah, me too! LOL
In some way I think something like that can be more precious than just jumping up to exchange a few words!
Old 09-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #13
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalla32
Ah ah, me too! LOL
In some way I think something like that can be more precious than just jumping up to exchange a few words!
SO licking his cheek would have been wrong?
hehe

Old 09-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #14
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalla32
Ah ah, me too! LOL
yeah i would've given anything to just look at him at that moment... it sounds like it was a very private moment for him though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrossGirl
hehe
LOL... weeeell not wrong... it's just that if you were going to lick his cheek wouldn't it be better to kiss him instead!? ... haha

juuust kiiiiding!!! .... or am i!?

Old 09-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #15
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran
LOL... weeeell not wrong... it's just that if you were going to lick his cheek wouldn't it be better to kiss him instead!? ... haha
juuust kiiiiding!!! .... or am i!?
It would be maybe both than a little of this maybe

hehe

Old 09-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #16
lalla32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrossGirl
hehe
Ah ah! Wonder how he would react to something like that... LOL probably he would just run off screaming... or maybe not...
Old 09-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #17
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^He he, a good Christian has always to offer 'the other cheek' eh???
Old 09-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #18
viv
Eskimo Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNfkWSJG_1M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpaDs8jN610

Here are some videos of Murray I found. Amie and 9 crimes.

And some pictures.....

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=dami...+murray&m=text

Last edited by viv; 09-16-2007 at 05:36 PM.