Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 12-02-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
.em.
Eskimo Regular

Arrow Jolin Tsai's Cover of Blower's Daughter (Full Ver)

Yay, more Blower's Daughter covers. I posted about this some time ago, but that was only about the sample version.

Anywho, this one is by Jolin Tsai, a big Taiwanese pop singer. It's part of her recently released album Love Exercise, a collection of covers of English songs.
The covers are ok for the most part--her English is pretty good, though her voice seems a bit weak at times. There's one or two songs on it that are pretty bad.

You can read more about her here at Wikipedia. I would rather have posted her Wiki.ThePPN page, but the site's down. (the Wikipedia page doesn't even have links to fansites or anything!)

Thought's on the Blower's Daughter Cover:
It's good in the beginning, though there's that part in the middle where the music becomes more intense, and she doesn't sound so good there. Overall...It's all right. *shrug* I do think it's pretty neat to see a Damien Rice song covered by a pop star all the way in Taiwan.

I prefer Jolin's Cpoppy songs...Like the ones from JGame and J9. XD

Oh, I'm sure you what to hear it now:

Jolin Tsai - The Blower's Daughter
.em. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing. However, that was pretty sad. I don't know if it's just me or does anyone else believe that this song should only be played by Damien?

Every cover I've heard falls way short of the original and this is just one of those songs that if you are going to cover then make sure you do it right.

The production of the song was pretty amateur as well. Kind of a shock since she's a pop star and all. The guitars were really loud in some parts and the overall mixing/mastering was terribly flawed.

Once again, thanks for sharing but I hope her own material is far better than this.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
.em.
Eskimo Regular

It's really hard for anyone to capture the feeling of another artist's song in a cover, so that feeling is understandable.

I'm not sure why the production would be bad...Maybe they just didn't take the time?

Ehhhh.....I don't really know if it would necessarily be better. It depends on what you like to listen to. What I've heard in the past (on the JGame album) was mostly fun, dancy, poppy songs (and ballads). So while the quality might not necessarily be great, it's fun to listen to sometimes.

That all said, the special edition of this album came with some nice things--poster, book, collector cards, a CD ROM thing...
.em. is offline   Reply With Quote