Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-16-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
-oli
Band Member

damien rice is like...30 right?

what's he been doing with the rest of his years and why don't i know?

i read loads of articles and biographys and they talk about how when he was a child he was in the quire, went walking with his dog a lot, fishing. later he started playing guitar but at that time it was just to impress the girls.

...AND THEN???...

then he's in a band called juniper who were on the verge of somethin big but now he's on his own selling millions and trillions of records.

oh missed out the bit about him touring round europe busking. but that's all i could squeez out the dry stone that it his shrowded mystery past.

i probly messed up all the points here, and everybody probly knows his life story, but i was wondering and now i pose the question.

also, what other interesting pre-fame stories are there of anybody? the best i got is liam gallagher used to mend fences.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

You've got most of that pretty much the way it is supposed to be. I guess the busking in Europe and living in Tuscanypart was just for one year, wasn't it?
Old 04-16-2004, 07:09 PM   #3
-oli
Band Member

yeah, but then what happened between all? has he got some secret deepe within his past, could he indeed be an alien as was posted here a while ago????

but what has he been doin?

Old 04-16-2004, 07:13 PM   #4
Lemonhead
Eskimo Regular

i dunno, i got a book at Christmas about irish artists and their 'early years' and damien said that in primary school he wanted to be a scientist and his best friend wanted to be a rock star, so damien laughed at him![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Edited by: Lemonhead
Old 04-16-2004, 07:16 PM   #5
-oli
Band Member

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]that's amazin
Old 04-16-2004, 07:32 PM   #6
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

damien doesnt look 30!
Old 04-17-2004, 01:26 AM   #7
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

i am a little bit drunk right now...but ihave to say i love damien and my lifeis sooooooo much better having heardhis music!!!

life before damo...i can't even remember!!!!

and i love all you eskimos!!!!! [img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

Vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:32 AM   #8
cille
creepycute

cheeers, vienna! (me too, drunk too![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img])

yes, damien, lovely - didn't even know his age - perfect age for me....[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

oh stop me, that path is too embaressing...

[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]love you too, really!
Old 04-17-2004, 01:35 AM   #9
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

he is a beautiful man it has to be said but that is just an added bonus to the music...wouldn't you say!?!?!?!?

i am finding it so hard to type right now!!!!!!!

i'm so annoyed that i don't get to see him again at glastonbury!!!! that would've been 4 times in a year!!!! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2004, 01:48 AM   #10
cille
creepycute

hehehe, hard for me to trypåew too

yeah, the handsomeness is not the most important thing,but gosh...

i got a damien rice desktop wallpaper that i find soo beautiful (it was posted here some time ago) and i just asked a friend tonight (the one that got me drunk[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]) if she found him attractive and she said NO!

(well, then again she's into Ben Affelck, and i'm not so..)

damien just seems to have something in his eyes; the same 'something' that's also in his voice and music... not a matter of height, measures or features like that... just... 'something'... (pls notice: i'm PARTICULARLY eloquent tonight, yes, yes...[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])

i sound like a rambling teenager here... really, i'm just a rambling old gal, full of italian red...
Old 04-17-2004, 02:00 AM   #11
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

full of vodka myself...the 50% stuff...not good!!! i'm turning into an alcoholic!!!

i know exactly what you are saying though...it's just that certain 'je ne sais quoi!!!'

i had some pictures from magazines that i copied onto my mobile phone...it's quite sad but somehow it makes me feel better!!! oh god i'm rambling now too!!! the music helps though...it's like the whole 'depressing?' thread when i 'm depressed about my dad or other things, listening to his music makes me feel good it's not depressing...it helps me to get out the emotion that i need to express, be it to cry or to feel happy..i dunno!!!

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] this is how i feel right now...i love it!!!!

being a bit weird now...sorry!!!
Old 04-17-2004, 02:27 AM   #12
cille
creepycute

hehe, you drunken fart [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]-go get some water, you'll thank me in the morning! (and will somebody please tell me that too![img]smileys/smiley29.gif[/img])

sounds like you've experienced some tough things with your dad - i have also had some difficoult experinces and i know the need to have music to heal or just get you through difficoult moments. like when you feel like this: . think i know that feeling, and it's really not a bad feeling, it's just emotionally loaded...

... think i gotta sleep now. thanks for telling about this... and i luuuuv just luuuv meeting someone else here who also seems to get all lovin' when drunk [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]... sleep well when you get to that, and take care, ok? Edited by: supercille
Old 04-17-2004, 02:33 AM   #13
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

yeh i've been loading up on the good old h2o!!! i'm gonna tell you to do the same!!!!

yeh my dad died 2 and a half years ago...it's hard but music helps a lot...it's a massive part of my life..idunno what i'd do without it!!!

i love being drunk too and just loving people!!! it's all good!!!

you sleep well too!! i'm sure i'll speak to you soon!!!

i will take care... and you too!!!

lots of eskimo love!!! [img]smileys/smiley27.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]