Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 05-02-2004, 05:17 PM   #1
*minx*
Eskimo Friend

Heya friends, got a question,

Damien and Lisa were on FM104 (a Dublin based radio station) recently for a live interview- unfortunately I didn't hear all of it but I turned in on about 1 minute before the end. They were singing this song, not written by eitherand the only line I can remember from it is 'I love you... like the stars above' or something. I was really struck by how beautiful even just that little bit was (Lisa's vocals played a major part in this!), but I have no idea where to find the original artist that wrote the song, and hence a copy of it. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT? [img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

luv *minx*
Old 05-02-2004, 05:30 PM   #2
administrator
forum administrator

sounds like "stars above" by maria doyle kennedy...
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
Patricia
Eskimo Regular

Oh I luuuuuuuuuuuurve that song!! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

"I will mind you, I will be your blanket, the cushion for your feet, whatever you need" *sigh*

Anyone recorded it? Please say yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:17 PM   #4
Lemonhead
Eskimo Regular

yeah, its great![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]hopefully someone has a recording?!!! damien and lisa's version would be class to hear! cheers minx![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM   #5
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

wish i heard that show now.... great song[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:44 PM   #6
*minx*
Eskimo Friend

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Truly appreciateit Emmett, ur like a star above!!! This song has kept me awake at night!

Lemonhead Iassure you Damo & Lisa's versionwas amazing (even from the teeny bit I heard).

Slan,

*minx*
Old 05-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #7
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

oh i always listen to 104!!! Damn work not letting me listen!
Old 05-06-2004, 12:24 AM   #8
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pink
oh i always listen to 104!!! Damn work not letting me listen!
aw i really can't stand fm104! their news bulletings go on for years!! and they're overloaded with commercials!!
and they're still boasting about bloody "five songs in a row"!!

it's like... just tune your radio a tiny bit to the left and you will be given TEN songs in a row!!

long live spin1038!!

fm104 belongs in a nursing home with all its irritatingly boring djsEdited by: eskimo_friendly
eskimo_friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #9
*minx*
Eskimo Friend

Actually I think most Irish radio stations belong in nursing homes to nurse them back to REALITY!!! There's an infinite amount of music out there, esp Irish music,inourworld - not about the ghettos in Harlem many of us will never experience (which deserves some of its popularity but is that what we want to listen to 24-7?) or the crazyparties where everyone is a model or professional dancer- music thatwe really have no idea about because theyre all afraid to step off theplay-many-songs-but-play-them-repeatedly 'modern' radio stationbandwagon andair things someonemight not like.

And seriously, some of the pathetic chit-chat you hear on Spin103 actually makes me ashamed - youd think sex and alcohol were all ANYONE in Ireland thinks about - I'm not labelling myself a do-gooder hermit [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img], but the afternoon sex-ed and lame one-liners,it's a bit, no its VERY OTT. Miss Pink you're lovely and funny, eskimo-friendly I appreciate your point but I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH both of you!Spin103 and FM104have their moments (interviewing Damien Rice for eg) but please, someone call the nursing home ambulance!!! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2004, 07:52 PM   #10
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

I noticed when i was in ireland that it was really annoying how it seemed all the radio stations played the news/weather/etc at the same time so it was impossible to listen to any music during that time - which was nearly all the time. When i was ther ein december of 2002, i cant count how many tiems i heard Counting Crows feat Michelle Branch "Big Yellow Taxi" - which isnt even that good of a song (sorry adam!!)
Old 05-06-2004, 08:26 PM   #11
Donsie B!
Eskimo Charmer

da 1 day i dont tune in....
4 drinks down and i just don't care,
5 in the morning,
6 stories up looking down,
7 still fighting,
8 times around but this time i wont drown!

Nightrocker- The Chalets
Donsie B! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:52 PM   #12
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *minx*

Actually I think most Irish radio stations belong in nursing homes to nurse them back to REALITY!!! There's an infinite amount of music out there, esp Irish music,*in*our*world - not about the ghettos in Harlem many of us will never experience (which deserves some of its popularity but is that what we want to listen to 24-7?) or the crazy*parties where everyone is a model or professional dancer- music that*we really have no idea about because theyre all afraid to step off the*play-many-songs-but-play-them-repeatedly 'modern' radio station*bandwagon and*air things someone*might not like.

* And seriously, some of the pathetic chit-chat you hear on Spin103 actually makes me ashamed - youd think sex and alcohol were all ANYONE in Ireland thinks about - I'm not labelling myself a do-gooder hermit [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img], but the afternoon sex-ed and lame one-liners,*it's a bit, no its VERY OTT. Miss Pink you're lovely and funny, eskimo-friendly I appreciate your point but I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH both of you!*Spin103 and FM104*have their moments (interviewing Damien Rice for eg) but please, someone call the nursing home ambulance!!! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Nah I pretty much agree with you!
Spin1038 is a total head-wrecker and you're right about that afternoon chat show - they seem to think we're all braindead idiots!
And they do play the same sh*t over & over.

However I respect the fact that they minimise the time given to commercials dramatically! And when you want to swtich off and hear some good chart pop for a while, Spin is always there to deliver constantly!
Old 05-07-2004, 12:54 PM   #13
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi
I noticed when i was in ireland that it was really annoying how it seemed all the radio stations played the news/weather/etc at the same time so it was impossible to listen to any music during that time - which was nearly all the time. When i was ther ein december of 2002, i cant count how many tiems i heard Counting Crows feat Michelle Branch "Big Yellow Taxi" - which isnt even that good of a song (sorry adam!!)
Spin 1038 play their news programme at a quarter to the hour - that's another good thing about them. When everyone else is playing the news on the hour, Spin are always playing music.

And I noticed that about Big Yellow Taxi too! You can blame 98fm and TodayFM for that. They have some fixation with that song and I've never been able to figure it out. It's not even that good a song!Edited by: eskimo_friendly
Old 05-08-2004, 11:33 AM   #14
*minx*
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo_friendly

However I respect the fact that they minimise the time given to commercials dramatically! And when you want to switch off and hear some good chart pop for a while, Spin is always there to deliver constantly!

yeh ur right actually, sumtimes u just need some good auld Britney Spearsto dance around to in ur kitchen like a muppet..

I swear im serious.[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2004, 12:24 PM   #15
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *minx*
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo_friendly

However I respect the fact that they minimise the time given to commercials dramatically! And when you want to switch off and hear some good chart pop for a while, Spin is always there to deliver constantly!

yeh ur right actually, sumtimes u just need some good auld Britney Spears*to dance around to in ur kitchen like a muppet..

I swear im serious.*[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
oooh harsh [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2004, 12:39 PM   #16
*minx*
Eskimo Friend

Oh Im sowwy!!! Iwasnt trying to take themickey![img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img].

Hey, I will admit, hands down, everybody needs a good pop song now and then! (I was raised on the Spice Girls, eskimo-friendly!).

This kitten is very sorry [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]. Pweeese fowgive me fow huwting ur feeelings...
Old 05-08-2004, 12:55 PM   #17
Catch-22
Eskimo Regular

Spin 1038 play for an audience....we're just not it!

BCI invited applications for 2 licences yesterday. an Alternative Rock Music Service on the FM Band covering Dublin City and County & a Multi-Cultural Broad Format Service on the FM Band covering Dublin City and Part-County.

Hopefully Phantom FM will get the rock licence and then we'll have an on-air home!!

Phantom are on air now over the weekend 92.1FM in Dublin and online at phantomfm.com

Mic Christopher and the kisses in the sky
Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:06 PM   #18
*minx*
Eskimo Friend

Ooh deadly thanx catch [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2004, 01:13 PM   #19
Catch-22
Eskimo Regular

Just saw this on the phantom site for their Sunday Schedule!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=473 align=center>
<T>
<TR bgColor=#ffffff>
<TD bgColor=#cccccc height=30></TD>
<TD =schtimes bgColor=#cccccc height=30>22:00 - 00:00</TD>
<TD =schtext bgColor=#cccccc colSpan=9 height=30>Night Drive with Pete Reed
To end the schedule the best of lyrical greats such a Jeff Buckley, Ed Harcourt, Damien Rice and more.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Sounds good to me![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2004, 01:15 PM   #20
*minx*
Eskimo Friend

Yum wot a lovely way to end the week! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Catch you deserve a medal, methinks [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2004, 01:18 PM   #21
Catch-22
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]