Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Default a clue (?) from el país

i don´t want to make it a big deal out of this, but i have to share it, of course. i just got this message with this link from el país (a spanish newspaper). this part it´s quite relevant:
Quote:
Para primavera se esperan lo nuevo de Green Day, Cher o Damien Rice;
something like: "new albums by green day, cher or damien rice are expected by spring"... do they know something that we don´t know? or is it just pure speculation? i wonder and i´m curious (not yet excited... just in case, he).

Last edited by verenita; 01-02-2012 at 08:23 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:04 AM   #2
MANGO
Eskimo Regular

Omg I really wonder if it is unwilled spoiler or just rumor !
I hope it would be the latter!!!!!!!!!!
MANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #3
Undocorkscrew
Eskimo Friend

If anything out there is indicating that a new album or new material in general is on the way, it was the change in the website. I see foreign-language news like this all around the net regarding a number of artists and I rarely see anything come from it. Read one two days ago about Brandon Flowers of The Killers deciding to make another solo album instead of one with the band, which is completely incorrect. Not saying there isn't something to it, the fact that they mentioned Rice in the same sentence as Green Day and Cher is odd.

Hasn't be been hanging out in Latin-american nations lately though? I haven't paid close attention to the guy in a couple of years, but I vaguely remember him having some sort of ties to Peru or Venezuela.....
Undocorkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
glo32
Eskimo Regular

well, according to HMV, the new album was to be released June 28... 2010.

so I agree this kind of news isn't the most reliable source... but I do think the website change means something
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
cille
creepycute

Hmmmm my Album Expectations Barometric is still on 'hopeful', tending towards 'optimistic'....
Old 01-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undocorkscrew View Post
Hasn't be been hanging out in Latin-american nations lately though? I haven't paid close attention to the guy in a couple of years, but I vaguely remember him having some sort of ties to Peru or Venezuela.....
as far as we know, he´s been in usa (he surprised the audience in other voices ny sessions), in the recording studio (whever it is) and in dublin, busking on xmas eve. and as far as i remember, he has ties with colombia, because the barichara project.

i like your barometric, cille