Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 12-23-2009, 05:53 AM   #1
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Default Wow, I feel like I understand him now

Anyone else surprised and taken aback by how candid and open and honest Damien was for the Hot Press interview? Since he came onto the scene he has never really told much to the press, to his fans etc...

I was surprised first of all that, he publicly admitted he and lisa had a relationship. From my own recollections he in the past, up until this interview never admitted he and lisa were dating, or had dated or anything.

Secondly, I was taken aback by the fact that Damien said, they were still in a relationship up to and until that fateful day in march 2007 in Munich. I had always assumed that they had dated some time in the past, but that this had ended by the time we all knew who he was in 2002 when 0 was released.

Third, I better understand why he did what he did. My opinion always was that he fired lisa, five minutes before a gig, and was a complete jerk at the least. While I still dont think firing lisa was a sane decision, I better understand why it happened. And apparently, he admits, he doesnt necessarily think firing her was a good idea.

I was surprised to see he tried contacting lisa since Munich, wanting her to come back to the band, and come back to him. He is still in love with her.

Lastly, I was amazed at how upbeat he seemed, despite everything. Is album number three gonna be a upbeat, happy, jack johnson vibe type record? Will album three be a more collaborative effort, with these actors, and musician, and artist friends he mentioned? Will these other artists contribute artwork, lyrics and or music to the album?

Its bizaare I have know about Damien since the summer of 2003, and this is the first article I have ever seen that really delves into who he is.
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:01 AM   #2
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

he clearly feels as I did in march 2007, and still feel now, and I know alot of you feel it as well, that him firing lisa was the dumbest move he ever made. While I understand what happened now, it doesnt make the act any less shocking or ridiculous
Old 12-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #3
cille
creepycute

As I understand what he says, their relationship had run it's course (both the on and the off parts) around about the time 9 came out?
Old 12-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Secondly, I was taken aback by the fact that Damien said, they were still in a relationship up to and until that fateful day in march 2007 in Munich.
No, he didn't say that.
He said that they broke up at some point before recording 9, never had the space from each other to get used to the change, started fighting during the recording of 9, then went on tour, and had an on-and-off relationship all throughout the tour.
And he also said that, after the break up, they had different relationships with different people.
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille View Post
As I understand what he says, their relationship had run it's course (both the on and the off parts) around about the time 9 came out?
the article said, by the time the uk tour for 9 started the damo/lisa relationship was on the rocks. I dont think I said anything that suggests otherwise
Old 12-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
No, he didn't say that.
He said that they broke up at some point before recording 9, never had the space from each other to get used to the change, started fighting during the recording of 9, then went on tour, and had an on-and-off relationship all throughout the tour.
And he also said that, after the break up, they had different relationships with different people.
no he did say it. On again off again. And that when he fired her he loved her and still loves her. He talked about the UK tour for 9 and said "on again and off again". So they were on the rocks as I said.

seems like damo has always loved lisa still does. So the dating other people thing is meaningless to him. Obviously she doesnt feel the same, that we know about at least
Old 12-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33 View Post
the article said, by the time the uk tour for 9 started the damo/lisa relationship was on the rocks. I dont think I said anything that suggests otherwise
No?
Quote:
Secondly, I was taken aback by the fact that Damien said, they were still in a relationship up to and until that fateful day in march 2007 in Munich.
???
Old 12-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #8
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Is there any need to have this in a new thread?
Old 12-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
cille
creepycute

no.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Ian# View Post
Is there any need to have this in a new thread?
ian, i like your "honestidad brutal" more than ever

all i will say is there´s a difference between "to love" someone and "to be in love with" someone. and by this i´m not saying anything related to what damien feels. i won´t dare myself to do such thing.

oh, crap! i got trapped into my own net :S
Old 12-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #11
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
all i will say there´s a different between "to love" someone and "to be in love with" someone.
Exactemundo!
Old 12-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #12
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

I think there's every need to have this in a new thread. I wouldn't have come across that interview in the other thread as the pdf is buried on page 2. It's very interesting to read, and confirms what everyone has been prevented from speculating on
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #13
cille
creepycute

http://eskimofriends.com/default.asp
Old 12-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #14
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille View Post
I never check the homepage.
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote