Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #181
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

How long did you refresh before giving up?
tessalasset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #182
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

I tried on and off for half an hour. Never pulled up a single thing.
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #183
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

This is so weird...I think the prices changed on the Greek show from yesterday. After fees, they say there are 2 prices - $37.50 and $78. Yesterday I brought up tickets for $50 flat, and I purchased four tickets for $62.50 each.

edit: Figured out those are price ranges from high to low. There are more than 2 prices available.

Last edited by tessalasset; 11-20-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #184
dalite
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
Ticketmaster literally emailed me to let me know one of my favorite artists, Damien Rice, is playing at the Greek and tickets go on sale this Friday, but didn't give me a presale code. Is that a whole other mailing list one has to be a part of?
That's a good question...I wish I knew the answer!

As far as I can tell the only place today's code was posted was on Damien's facebook page.
dalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #185
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

Alright I gave up after 20 minutes. That was funny. Refreshed on both the browser and the app for 10 mins straight before I pulled up my first pair in almost the last row of the venue. Released it and pulled up a similar pair 5 minutes later. Nothing else. That was depressing. On to the general onsale tomorrow!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #186
dawno
just mildly free

I keep pulling the two same singles in the orchestra for the Beacon show - row w & row y.

If anyone wants them, go get 'em.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #187
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

I just pulled a W for the Beacon a few minutes ago.
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #188
schuylerjoy
Eskimo Baby

For the Greek, there are couple of singles available right now. Section B, Row G and Sec A, Row K, Seat 25 (that one is $78) . I just went in on the app to see if anything had been released and that popped up.

So keep trying! But if you want 2 seats, much harder, I think.

I did do some research and they have "seating memberships" so some Section A seats are already preassigned to members.
schuylerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #189
greytune
Eskimo Baby

I'm excited about going, but the ticket buying process has been pretty annoying. I logged on yesterday for the presale at 10am. After refreshing a few times, I was able to get 2 tickets. They are pretty much almost the last row in Orchestra Rear. That was at 10:05am! It's all that kept coming up. I ended up grabbing those, fearing that they would sell out fast like his last show.

About an hour after that, it started showing better seats than the ones it gave me. I was pretty sad. When I bought the tickets, it didn't say anything about a possible obstructed view, but once I paid for them, it popped up. I called TM to see if I could get any other tickets. Not possible.

I'm still pretty excited about seeing him...or in this case...hearing him? lol.

From the scalpers...to the crappy presale tickets...and a lot of fans not being able to even buy tickets isn't fair. I'm sorry to those having problems pulling any up.
greytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #190
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

Oh god, don't remind me about seating membership. I became a member of the Greek back in 2007 specifically so I could get good tickets for Damien Rice opening up for Fiona Apple. I remember you didn't get to choose your seats, only that you were paying a premium for them and were able to purchase literally before anyone else. They were advertised as the best seats in the house. I think I bought them four months in advance of the show. Cue a few weeks later and I get the tickets in the mail and they're in the second-to-last row of section B. I emailed them that there must be a mistake. I remember there were three price tiers and I paid for the most expensive tier (plus an extra fee for being a member). I emailed them over and over and over for months and never heard a word back from anyone. I was so pissed. Those are still the worst seats I've ever paid for at the Greek. Such a scam.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #191
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

Interesting email I just got from ticketmaster which I've never seen before:

Quote:
Ticketmaster Ticket Delivery Delay
November 20, 2014

Hey live event fan,

Don't worry, your tickets are coming - whether you're printing, going mobile, getting them in the mail, or planning on in-store pickup! This temporary delivery delay just gives us time to run routine checks that ensure all fans get a fair shot at seats, like confirming every buyer is a fan and not a bot, making sure everyone sticks to the ticket limit, etc.

For delivery updates please check "Please Note" and "Event Info" on the event page.

And thanks for being a fan!
Old 11-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #192
schuylerjoy
Eskimo Baby

Yep, I'm wondering about that, too. I bought 6 tickets between Chicago and LA and I'm worried that something's going to happen - like they're going to cancel my tickets because i have more than four tickets.

FYI, I just looked at Ticketmaster and they have posted the full Greek seating chart with options regarding what is currently available. No idea if certain things haven't been released yet or what.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:34 PM   #193
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

Wow, that's insane. Looking at the Greek - they really should add a second night. That's gonna sell out this month probably.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #194
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Interesting email I just got from ticketmaster which I've never seen before:
I have received that email before, and I got it again today. As long as you stayed within ticket limits, you're fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuylerjoy View Post
Yep, I'm wondering about that, too. I bought 6 tickets between Chicago and LA and I'm worried that something's going to happen - like they're going to cancel my tickets because i have more than four tickets.
Were they all dr.com presale tickets or were some purchased through the ticketmaster presale today? If they were all dr.com presale tix, did you use the same code for all 6? If so, I'm surprised that it went through.

The ticketmaster 4 ticket limit (per household or billing address) is for each unique show... so if you wanted to, you could purchase 4 tix thru TM to every show he plays. The DR email code limit is 4 for the entire tour which would allow you to buy up to 4 separate shows (1 ticket each) or any combination thereof.

So, if you have 4 for Chi, and 2 for LA and they were not all purchased using the same code, you will be fine.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:34 AM   #195
mikerennie
Eskimo Regular

I got the same email even though I only bought 3 tickets.
mikerennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:18 AM   #196
schuylerjoy
Eskimo Baby

My friend (and gig buddy who is coming with me) and I were searching LA with her DR code at the same time after I had already used my code on Chicago and my first effort at LA (which are horrid bench seats). Unfortunately (or fortunately) I got a better selection on my end (maybe, we're still debating which pair is best), so I'm the one who ended up buying the LA batch.

But, in total, I bought 4 LA and 2 Chicago, so hopefully ok.

It was an adventurous hour trying to get decent seats between the two of us. Once Dec. 2 comes and goes and they are delivered, hopefully some deserving fan will happily buy our extras from me (at face value, of course!). Profit is not my game
Old 11-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #197
blindmelonade
Eskimo Friend

Apparently tickets for Beacon don't go on sale til 11am EST, not 10 like DR.com says.

Why do you mess with us, Damien?
blindmelonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #198
RenataAQP
Eskimo Regular

just bought my ticket for Atlanta! got balcony row A which means I would have no heads blocking my view!
Old 11-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #199
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

yes, Beacon is at 11 not 10, the Beacon site was saying so from the beginning
Old 11-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #200
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
Oh god, don't remind me about seating membership. I became a member of the Greek back in 2007 specifically so I could get good tickets for Damien Rice opening up for Fiona Apple. I remember you didn't get to choose your seats, only that you were paying a premium for them and were able to purchase literally before anyone else. They were advertised as the best seats in the house. I think I bought them four months in advance of the show. Cue a few weeks later and I get the tickets in the mail and they're in the second-to-last row of section B. I emailed them that there must be a mistake. I remember there were three price tiers and I paid for the most expensive tier (plus an extra fee for being a member). I emailed them over and over and over for months and never heard a word back from anyone. I was so pissed. Those are still the worst seats I've ever paid for at the Greek. Such a scam.
Same exact thing happened to me! Those are still the worst seats I've ever had to any Damien Rice Concert ever. And I was stuck there through Fiona's dreadful set because of the stacked parking at the Greek. Ugh. Totally soured me on that place, which used to be one of my favorite venues.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #201
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

All the good seats for DC must have been in the presale. Pulling a single seat, first I got upper balcony, then I got row x, then Box G...Still hopeful for a ticket drop later or being able to get a better seat another way.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #202
commonsense
Eskimo Regular

I pulled the same exact seats, but had Orch Right Row F in my cart, so I went with that. Goodluck!
commonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #203
conanemily
Eskimo Regular

got row F in Philly. and my friend pulled two in DC, not sure where are they but they are the $75 ones...
conanemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #204
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i totally lost track with who is going, but i´m very happy for you all
Old 11-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #205
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
I pulled the same exact seats, but had Orch Right Row F in my cart, so I went with that. Goodluck!
I would have taken that, too! Happy for you that you got good seats. Only way for me to justify the price would be good seats. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #206
commonsense
Eskimo Regular

I just bought an aisle seat in row L center, so keep trying!
commonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #207
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

So far I have Row E a the Beacon, C in Philly. Will try for better seats at Beacon at 11. Hope to do DC and Boston, too.
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:55 PM
conanemily
This message has been deleted by conanemily.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #208
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

so far no luck x New York
Old 11-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #209
blindmelonade
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
so far no luck x New York
Keep trying! Just pulled up orch row O on the app. Not great, but better than my row Z from the presale!
blindmelonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #210
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

looks like the app works better, everyone´s getting tix thru that... the web, nada