Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #211
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

I pulled a row J ticket for Beacon on the web, but I dropped it. Couldn't convince myself to spend on a second, okayish ticket when I'm trying to buy for another expensive concert in an hour. Not looking forward to how much of this will be on Stubhub.
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:19 PM   #212
conanemily
Eskimo Regular

keep trying with the app! pulled another in Beacon, row K.
conanemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #213
blindmelonade
Eskimo Friend

Yeah, website blows. I pulled up that Row K ticket as well, but that was after I upgraded to row O.
blindmelonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #214
madhat181
Uber Fan

Got a row B Right Orch using Chase option in app
madhat181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #215
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Oh man. That's so lucky, Scott!
Old 11-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #216
madhat181
Uber Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalfire View Post
Oh man. That's so lucky, Scott!
Try the chase option. The standard tickets I wasnt able to pull anything.

Was anyone trying to get 2 and had success?
Old 11-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #217
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

I'm pulling some for Chase now, but they're not so wonderful that I want to commit $87 for a slightly better view.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #218
madhat181
Uber Fan

Quote:
I'm pulling some for Chase now, but they're not so wonderful that I want to commit $87 for a slightly better view.
keep going I was pulling W and U for awhile then B popped up
Old 11-21-2014, 03:54 PM   #219
madhat181
Uber Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
so far no luck x New York
Planning your April holiday in North America Marti?
Old 11-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #220
dawno
just mildly free

There are now 20 seats available for the Beacon gig on stubhub in center orch rows BB & DD

Sorry, but this is just messed up... So much for the 4 ticket limit....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 12.07.14 PM.jpg (15.0 KB, 154 views)
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #221
Shaftell
Eskimo Friend

Good luck to everyone buying tickets on General sale! Ten more minutes!
Shaftell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #222
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

I got another pair in B row E. I figure my friends will thank me when they decide six months from now that they actually want to go.
tessalasset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #223
Shaftell
Eskimo Friend

I have no luck getting tickets. I've been trying non stop for 25 minutes now and the best I got was all the way in the back.

55 minutes later, still nothing but Second Tier. I went and checked Stubhub and they had Orchestra level Row A for $600.

Ok, I settled for Dress Circle Row B. That's not bad right? How did everyone else do?

Last edited by Shaftell; 11-21-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #224
greytune
Eskimo Baby

Man, I'm tired after trying for good tickets from Wednesday until now. lol. I managed to upgrade my first seats!!!

Good luck everyone.

I hate scalpers. Tickets are up to almost $900 each on stubhub. smh.
greytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #225
Shaftell
Eskimo Friend

Anyone looking for tickets in Seattle go on now, front row seats available! We called the venue cause there seemed to be confusion with ticketmaster. Anyways they released a whole bunch front row now.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:37 AM   #226
schuylerjoy
Eskimo Baby

So, no idea if it will even get anywhere, but I was seriously annoyed when I found this link...
http://www.boxofficeticketsales.com/2453417/damien-rice

There are more than 400 tickets here for the LA gig, 50 in pit (which I soooooo want). So disgusted. So, anyway, I tweeted to the Ticketmaster Fan Support, the Greek Theatre, and Damien's twitter. I am well aware nothing will happen...but ranting makes me feel better .

Anyway, if you want RT me to see if there is power in a few more complaints... my tweet is here:

https://twitter.com/SchuylerJoy/stat...83563486007296

I also complained on Facebook on the Greek Theatre page and Damien's page.

(Once again, I know it is probably fruitless )
schuylerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #227
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Complained about what?
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #228
schuylerjoy
Eskimo Baby

The scalping. Most of these tix were up less than 40 minutes after the general sale went up.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #229
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Maybe you should complain to your legislators to (unconstitutionally) pass a law to make scalping illegal?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying property and reselling it.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #230
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

It looks like Arkansas, Massachussetts, Michigan and Rhode Island all prohibit scalping outright.
tessalasset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:17 AM   #231
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

First off, state laws can't relate interstate commerce, which is what online ticket resale is.

Second, he's complaining about a show in California.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #232
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I guess Montreal should be added soon

what about a 2nd show in NY? do we reckon thereīs a chance?
Old 11-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #233
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d View Post
Second, he's complaining about a show in California.
She, actually. I don't see the harm in complaining about a very frustrating practice. A significant chunk of those who get the tickets are doing it for the resale profit, not fans. But you do seem to be a bit contrary, so I'll just say that I hope you got wonderful tickets if you did go shopping for any.

As for a second New York show, there's only one other show on Beacon's schedule in April so far, a couple of days after Damien's. It's possible, but the longer that things go without an announcement, the less I'll hope for it.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #234
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
A significant chunk of those who get the tickets are doing it for the resale profit, not fans.
You say this like its a bad thing, as opposed to the completely neutral thing that it is.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:15 PM   #235
schuylerjoy
Eskimo Baby

I'm not neutral because I invest time and effort to get great seats and I still fail because others purchase tickets to events for the sole purpose of resale. Ticket scalping may be legal (at least, if the tickets are transferable), but that doesn't mean it is ethical. To quote a friend, "It's basically using someone else's talent, without their permission, for your own profit."

If an artist wanted to charge $200, $500, $700 for a ticket for someone to witness their art, then they would do so. And then I could choose whether or not to pay. They should profit from the sale of their goods, not "brokers."

I'm assuming that most people on this board are hard core Damien fans. And...as far as I can tell, many of them got crappy seats even though they tried very hard to get good ones and it means a lot to them. So, I am disgusted by the "bots" or people who make a living out of preventing actual, passionate fans from seeing the artists they love in the seats they deserve to have.

I guess you could argue that those willing to dish out the big bucks are the ones who *really* love the artists, but nope, that's not the case. Some of us don't have the bucks to dish.

No worries, you don't need to explain your case. I fully understand the perspective of those who are "neutral" on scalping. But, I am still disgusted by it, just like a lot of other legal practices.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:14 AM   #236
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

but itīs not something that Damien or his people can solve
Old 11-26-2014, 06:50 AM   #237
glo32
Eskimo Regular

I think it would be neutral if a scalper got online and tried to buy tickets like all of us do - F5 F5 F5 until you finally get a ticket, buy it, pay it, and then buy more of them in the same way.

The main problem is that most of the scalpers have dozens, hundreds of tickets. How is it possible for a show that solds out in seconds (ie. the Whelans one) or in minutes (like the latest European shows)?
It's not possible.
They have another method of buying tickets, that's for sure. Some illegal method - either they have deals with employees at ticketmaster or whatever.

Something that Damien's management can do is selling tickets directly on dr.com. I understand that it's difficult to build up a website and a whole selling system like that, but as long as they put tickets in the hands of third parties, scalpers will be there.

I kind of agree with Mario about the general idea behind a scalper. They are just giving a service. As long as people buy tickets from them for crazy prices, they will exist.

"It's basically using someone else's talent, without their permission, for your own profit" -- that's true. But isn't it the same with ebay? If you go and sell the Rootless Tree single, are you selling Damien's talent?
Now that the IDWTCY single was released only in United States, are people doing something illegal in selling them on ebay? They are offering a service. It's MY problem if I go and buy their cd for a crazy price (15€ for one track is crazy) and I can't complain. If no one bought those singles off them now, they wouldn't buy dozens of copies of the next single next time.

It's all relative and I think people blame scalpers too much. Not that I'm saying they are good, I'm just saying they're not the problem in the first place. We should complain to people that actually give them the money.
I know that some of you guys bought tix from scalpers in the past and I'm not judging you - hey, I bought the IDWTCY single off ebay, after all.
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #238
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

but I think itīs the venues that have deals with ticketmaster, so they might allow a presale thru dr.com but not the full proper sale
Old 11-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #239
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
but I think itīs the venues that have deals with ticketmaster, so they might allow a presale thru dr.com but not the full proper sale
Not all venues have deals with ticketmaster and not all venues are owned by big promoters... It's just a matter of doing things the easy way or the difficult way... Of course it's more difficult to find little promoters and then book deal-free venues and all, so a booking agency tends to go through big promoters and accepts to sell tickets through their channels. Plus, the bigger the venue, the more money you make... So I understand why they book big venus via big promoters that sell tix thourgh ticketmaster and the likes.
BUT I think it's just unfair to say that the management / booking agency can't do anything to stop the scalper thing. I think they just don't try enough...
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #240
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

what I meant is that venues can choose to have their own sales, sell thru a fan site, sell thru ticketmaster... not sure if an artist can influence that...