Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 02-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #1
spudy
Potato masher

just got back from a rainy week in cyprus and the dj of the local radio station (only one we could get in the rented car) played volcano at least once a day and said enthusiastic (well from the sound of his voice they were enthusiastic- blah blah blah damien rice blada blah etc.) things about damo....twas strange to hear it mixed in with weird cypriot music.

Guess damo can't retire to cyprus then [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 09:53 AM   #2
cille
creepycute

damien isn't too well known here in Denmark, but I had a similar experience when last week I heard a sort of up-tempo version of "cannonball" through the wall - apparently the radio station my neightbour (an elderly woman) listens to had damien on that day...a bit strange, since this is a radio channel that usually plays Helmut Lotti, Kenny Rogers, eurovision song contest songs, etc etc etc... and usually I am annoyed that I can hear every note, every single f**kING wordof the songs she listens to through the wall, but this time it was ok... and after all, she must be annoyed with my loud r n' r music sometimes, so...[img]smileys/smiley8.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 09:56 AM   #3
cille
creepycute

oh dear! the word "f**k" was edited by the forum thingy there! I must say censorship in all forms seem rather strange to me...like when Damien changes the lyrics of "woman like a man" on live radio performances.. but that's how the world is, I guess...