Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-25-2004, 01:17 PM   #1
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Last night was everything I hoped for and more. I'm speechless. It was the antithesis of Pittsburgh. This was a rock show with no banterand he played mostly stuff that isn't on the album. The stuff that was from the album was for the most part utterly transformed.What we sawlast night will definitelynever be forgotten byanyone who saw it (especially Damo's cello antics).

Plus afterwards my girlfriend and I met Damo and he was the sweetest, coolest guy you'd ever want to meet. I was standing there talkin' to him for a half hour and he never made me feel like he was in a hurry and that he wasn't completely interested in everything we were talking about.

Details later. If you guys in Detroit tonightget a show even half as good as this you'll talk about it for years.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:37 PM   #2
cille
creepycute

good on ya, spamlet!

what was wrong with the pittsburg gig btw? (did i miss a thread, maybe?)
Old 04-25-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

There was nothing absolutely nothingwrong w/ Pittsburgh it was one of the best shows of it's kind you'd ever want to see (and will make for a perfect bootleg-don't worry folks it is coming)

I suppose antithesis might have a negative connotation for some but this truly was the complete polar opposite show cause Pittsburgh was almost all album songs unplugged in a quiet crowd with lots of story telling and almostnoimprovisation.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:23 PM   #4
Lowbauer
Eskimo Baby

Yes, cleveland was amazing. What was the song that they played at the end?

Lowbauer
Lowbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:57 PM   #5
Osiris
Eskimo Baby

Cleveland was definately better than both Indy and Cincy. Way better energy....no not better energy, just more of it. From the way you are describing Pitts, Indy was pretty much the same way. The energy last night was incredible....I thought I had seen it all going to Indy and Cincy, but my gosh this was by far the best show I have seen.
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:13 PM   #6
cille
creepycute

ah, i thought you meant antithesis as: cleveland= good, pitts=bad...
cille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:30 AM   #7
Venomous Valdez
Eskimo Regular

damn, i tried so hard to get to cleveland for the show. i mean cincinnati was a rock show. so did he go all heavier metal in cleveland?
Old 04-29-2004, 04:27 AM   #8
VenusAsABoy
Eskimo Baby

i think cleveland was my favorite of all the shows i saw this leg. it was an AMAZING show
Old 05-02-2004, 04:23 PM   #9
messyjessie
Eskimo Friend

weird, i found detroit to be a louder show than the toronto show on friday night(by far a louder show) but i took it as damien's reaction to the crowd of inconsiderate bastards... i didn't enjoy it nearly as much as toronto. strange how everyone enjoys different things i like the usual damo shows though... the ones that are so quiet and peaceful one song, and then 2 songs later he's yelling and passionate... i like the rollercoaster shows
messyjessie is offline   Reply With Quote