Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 05-19-2004, 07:59 AM   #61
jerry lee
Eskimo Friend

Yeah... but has been introducing it as a Bell X1 song.... saw him do it twice....
jerry lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:20 PM   #62
aeneas3
Eskimo Friend

guys just a heads up. firstly, the servers do have most of these songs except for my server they are not in the public domain b/c if i remember correctly they are off of a cd that is still being sold. as a result you really should not share these files. it technically is illegal. so do what u will
aeneas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:13 PM   #63
framesaver
Eskimo Regular

Actually, it's not a commercially available album. Here's the text from a post I did ages ago:

>>>>
That's a compilation put together from demos, live recordings etc that the guys did. What with them never releasing an album, it's the only way to get to hear a lot of the stuff. A few folks suspect it was put together by someone close to the band and it's been steadily percolating out into the wide world for the last 5 years probably. I have an artwork on my site that I did. Here's the setlist:

disc one 1 eskimo 2 volcano 3 face 4 i remember december 5 never (live at the olympia) 6 woman like a man 7 beautiful madness 8 sex change 9 cutting the rose 10 aphelia 11 then go 12 face (live at home) 13 down 14 tongue (live at the olympia)

disc two 1 me my yoke and i 2 spaceship 3 wooden horse 4 slowset 5 offshore 6 the professor 7 voodoo doll 8 beautiful madness 9 boring afternoon 10 jewellery box 11 toffeepop 12 never (live with gemma hayes) 13 little sister 14 you

kind of shows damien up for his lack of recent songwriting, eh? tsk tsk.

>>>>

Anyway, I hope people realise it does exist as 2 cd lossless version that should be traded around too. Here's the artwork...

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgCJAn4XKZMkTEx7BNswhjg3SZSwtv1gfNV03FUZxrq9nfxAb QHX0yNGYo7kSlMWdYbnYdJeu4RDpQsm7AlrsPwnS70UtqHBN0Q JHcH1JeE6q8*91comAQ/juniperfront.gif[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDjAuYWgWkkTEx7BNswhh6*N4YXv47b5aFr6HEMC4O!UZqXW I2UQxEhKmNCr0BnaSRN69vvs2qBUlcDB4ePa9TNxUEBmpGFjI! pAbrltiMZbL4BalZ5Rw/juniperback.gif[/img]
framesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 06:03 PM   #64
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

I just heard a few of the songs on this cd, and I think in alot of them Damien seems so subdued, like he is holding back so much emotion. As opposed to the versions he is doing now of them .For instance, the warfield recording of 'sex change'that I just heard(thanks Cille) he just lets loose, and it is so much more organic and raw sounding.. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #65
neil_eats
Eskimo Regular

when will this be shared on the server then cuz seeing the cover and whats on it is quite mouth watering.
neil_eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:29 PM   #66
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

neil,

Ten of these tracks are currentlyin my briefcase. See page one of this thread
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:04 PM   #67
neil_eats
Eskimo Regular

i know ive downloaded them but theres still some others there.
neil_eats is offline   Reply With Quote