Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
knives!
Eskimo Baby

Default damien and lisa

so,
what is the nature of damien and lisa's relationship? strictly artists/bandmates? i'm sure this has come up before, and it may be coming from the oblivious american this time.. just curious though.
knives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Knives! The forum guidelines state:

Also please respect the privacy of Damien's personal life, and those of his band.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

It's fair to say they are friends. I don't think that's crossing any boundaries nor false.

But Knives...it's an understandable question that everyone has thought about it's just that here on eskimofriends, like wheels said, one of the main priorities of this site and forum is to avoid Damien Rice's personal life and focus on the music because the philosophy here is that it's the music that matters.

With that said, I wanted to say that as nicely as possible because I think I may have asked a personal question or two a few years back and most do and it's stupid to say no one has ever had that question in their head...I guess the difference is now I could care less, not to say that you caring about his personal life is wrong, because everyone has different reasons and different attachments to artists, it's just the rules here state not to ask such questions.

I am extremely bored and sorry for going on and on. I'm waiting impatiently for something great/horrible to happen today. wish me luck.

MySpace
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

good luck mickey
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

I know in one interview I read on the interview page here. Damien addressed the subject and said He knows people are curious about their relationship. And The one thing He did say was >> Lisa is his "Muse"

Hmmm.. looking but can't find that exact quote about the muse, but found this.

It seems to be precisely this organic, unpretentious approach to love, sex, relationships and women that has captured the world’s attention. Step forward Damien’s very beguiling muse, Lisa Hannigan. The dynamic between the two onstage is nothing short of riveting, and is very much a significant part of the entire Damien Rice package. Melancholic and bracing as the music is, it’s the subtle melodramas played out by the two onstage that have completely gripped their audience’s imagination. In short, their “are-they-aren’t-they” relationship is a hotly-debated subject.

So… are they?

“Some people think something… and some people think something else. Some people think there’s something going on, or there was, or there will be. Most people have an opinion. I understand that people are curious about it, as we’re onstage, we work very closely together and we sing about these things, but the essence of what we do, because it’s so revealing and bare in what it is…”

He trails off, before picking up the thread.

“It’s like if I ask someone to describe myself. I don ’t really know myself, there’s no way I can really describe myself, and if I don’t know myself I certainly don’t know myself and Lisa, so there’s no way I can say anything about it.”

http://eskimofriends.com/interviews.asp?hp3=yes

Don't worry, Believe me... you are not the only one who is interested and curious about this.
Hope this wasn't breaking the rules of the forum...

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice

Last edited by julia; 11-08-2006 at 07:23 PM.
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #6
mickey13086

thank you very much cali

MySpace
Old 11-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
crimson
Eskimo Baby

his "muse" thats sweet
if you walk away i'll walk away"
and he shot me dead

conor oberst
crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:53 AM   #8
knives!
Eskimo Baby

i apologize for violating any sort of forum guidelines..
and i understand why we generaly keep the focus on the music here- it's only respectable, and besides we're not here to gossip, right? only curious, i've heard this and that, but never anything perticularly diefinitive out of damien. and thats fine. all that said it doesn't matter to me either way, i am just very, very thankfull the two of them are making music.

k
Old 11-09-2006, 12:55 AM   #9
knives!
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13086
It's fair to say they are friends. I don't think that's crossing any boundaries nor false.

But Knives...it's an understandable question that everyone has thought about it's just that here on eskimofriends, like wheels said, one of the main priorities of this site and forum is to avoid Damien Rice's personal life and focus on the music because the philosophy here is that it's the music that matters.

With that said, I wanted to say that as nicely as possible because I think I may have asked a personal question or two a few years back and most do and it's stupid to say no one has ever had that question in their head...I guess the difference is now I could care less, not to say that you caring about his personal life is wrong, because everyone has different reasons and different attachments to artists, it's just the rules here state not to ask such questions.

I am extremely bored and sorry for going on and on. I'm waiting impatiently for something great/horrible to happen today. wish me luck.
p.s.- thanks for setting me straight.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:42 AM   #10
mickey13086

no, it sounds like you know and don't need what i said that much. setting you straight makes it sound like im an ass, and i hope i didnt come off like that. have a good night, or day, whatever hour it is wherever you are.

MySpace