Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 10-13-2003, 07:11 PM   #1
paranoid
Eskimo Baby

Just got back from the show. It was something else! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]More people there than I'd expected, some w**kers, but not too many [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]Played Eskimo, Amie, The Blowers Daughter, Cannonball, Cold Water, I Remember, Delicate, Woman Like A Man, Older Chests,Professor La Danse Filles (sp? [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]) among others (in no specific order [img]smileys/smiley12.gif[/img]). Vivian playes "Seven Nation Army" on the cello towards the end, too. Very good stuff.

Best bits for me personally were "Amie", "The Professor..." and "Cold Water" - and when Damien replaced one of the lines in one of the songs to "and the ringing of a phone" to coinicide with someones mobile going off... [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]humour is always a good thing. There were a few technical problems at the beginning, mike not working and getting a lot of buzz, but once that was sorted, the rest of it seemed to go well. Apparently Lisa's absence was due to illness, the flu or something, and Damien is jetlagged from the LA flight. He explained about the meaning behind Cannonball too, all very interesting stuff. Apparently it has to do with those people who you love too much that you can hardy bear to be around them... [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

We were the first ones there (my brother and I), and we heard him soundchecking with "Woman Like A Man", classy [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img] Support was two guys on acoustic guitars, nothing special but pretty cool nonetheless, then a girl called Carrie Tree. She had a fantastic voice, and I have her EP which she was selling for £4. Only 4 songs on it, but they are all very good. I'd recommend it.

Anyway, enough yeammering. I'll wait until the actual reviews spring up before I comment further [img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

P.