Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-16-2004, 02:43 PM   #31
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
Vyv will forgive me but I, I whip myself with scorn scorn scorn!
[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

I thought it was fast too, especially Damien's bit, but chalked it up to nerves. Musicians speed up when they're nervous and it seemed liked Damien was doing that, but trying to slow himself down. Who wouldn't be nervous playing on network television to millions of viewers??? But yeah, I also thought the band members looked kind of tense and somber also. Maybe not Vyv or Tomo so much....and Vyv's outfit was class, though Lisa also looked sweet and beautiful in her jeans and tee. And it has always impressed me about Damien that he puts Lisaand Vyv out there and doesn't make it all about him....one of the first things that struck me about him, that he views his band as an ensemble rather than back up vocalists and musicians. And I feel Lisa's voice and demeanor is the perfect complement to Damien's. There's my two cents worth.....
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:42 PM   #32
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

I don't understand what people were saying about Lisa OR Damien... it was a great performance. Lisa looked sad because it was a sad song... Damien played fast because they wanted the second half to rock out... nothing unusual...
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:06 PM   #33
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

nothing strange
Old 04-16-2004, 04:41 PM   #34
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
I don't understand what people were saying about Lisa OR Damien... it was a great performance. Lisa looked sad because it was a sad song... Damien played fast because they wanted the second half to rock out... nothing unusual...

exactly... i thought it was a great version and i think if they played exactly like the album what would be the point in them playing live... a bit of variation with the live performance goes down well

and i didnt see them being that nervous really... i just hope they get them all back next time to talk
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:38 PM   #35
wavegoodbye
Eskimo Friend

Is that a Frames t-shirt that Damien's wearing. It looks like the picture of Glen Hansards shadow that's on the Frames site.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

wavegoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote