Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Trading

Old 03-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
KingDome
Eskimo Baby

Unhappy Do I have to hide my recorder? / Berlin gig recorded...

im thinking about trying to record one of the upcoming gigs with my md-recorder. problem is, i always read that damien is taper-friendly and allows recordings, but then ill also read peoples problems at the cologne-gig for example:
Quote:
I hope that someone recorded it. The security was pretty harsh, yesterday, but there must be SOMEONE who managed to record it.
and
Quote:
Yeah, they really yelled at people trying to record the show. Photos were allowed, but as soon as they caught somebody filming, they got really harsh.
so im somewhat afraid. is there perhaps any official statement i could show the security? or would i have to hide my md-recorder entering and recording? and what could i do if they still caught me?

Last edited by KingDome; 03-17-2007 at 07:46 AM.
KingDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

If everything is not exactly perfect with having your mics out, go stealth.

I tape fan friendly bands all the time, and the wost thing is that you can't trust the band's policy without taking into account that the communication between a venue, it's security, and the artist has even taken place on this issue. That's why I always go stealth.

If my nephews school band had a concert and there were security, I'd probably still hide my recorder and be stealth. Ok, maybe not. My point is, unless you have had enough time to contact Damien's crew and have the time to get this policy across to the venue security in your seating area, you should take every precaution you can.

Here is my credo: Despite venue staff and security being nice and helpful the majority of the time, never underestimate the possibility of a security idiot trying to make a name for him/herself.

dave
daveydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
Chrysler
Eskimo Regular

For me the question is rather "how can i sneak my gear into the venue without getting busted" What're your tricks, guys?
Chrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
Timeé
Intello

stick your iriver in your socks. dark floor nobody checks your socks
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
KingDome
Eskimo Baby

Talking

well i simple called the venue and they said they dont know nothing about damien allowing to record his shows, but that i should go and call the company which organized the show. they didnt know anything either, but told me to mail them and they would try to find out quickly, whether recording would be allowed and now take a look at the answer i got:

Quote:
We have no objection to people recording the show on a small personal or
hand held device with a small microphone that get's in no one's way. No
stands, racks, desk plug in's or special places to make their recording.
Basically, if it can be seen, it's too big and we will be the judge of what
is acceptable and what is not.
so i went to the berlin show and recorded. my equipment is no good and to my left there was a girl singing along on every song and her strange boyfriend laughing about everything damien said. on my right there was my friend, asking thousands of questions during the show and telling me, which songs he liked and which not. still, although most of you will probably find the quality annoying, im very happy with it. perhaps some of you are able to record better with a mobilephone, but im still okay with this, since it was only meant to be for me and therefore it is nice

still, here you go with a short sample: The Professor & la Fille Danse - Live in Berlin
if you dont like links, just delete it...
KingDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
cmigliaccio
Eskimo Regular

Sounds pretty good to me. Would you mind posting the whole thing?
cmigliaccio is offline   Reply With Quote