Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #841
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay
oh, I just saw this now! Congrats miss Cille, that's exciting!!
.... was your appreciation thread not worthy enough to announce your news?
aww of course it was, i don't know, maybe it's because I'm danish or something, it's sort of in my nature to not want to attract too much attention - this might seem ungrateful, I remember someone also asked me in the appreciation thread if I wasn't happy for the eskimo attention, but believe me - I am! It didn't even occur to me to bump my own thread cause to me it'd feel a little too, what's the word, self-appreciative..? I don't think ie. Nine is too much or anything, when she uses her appreciation thread for messages connected to her artistic or other endevours, I just admire her for having the self confidence to stand by herself For me you know it'd just feel wrong 's all, maybe I'm just too shy when it comes to my music.

Ok that turned out a longer post than I intended but just thought I'd explain - just know that your appreciation for me is appreciated

Last edited by cille; 09-25-2007 at 08:16 AM.
cille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #842
Ships_Were_Sailin
Eskimo Regular

listening to the new say anything track, love it!

Yet i keep going to where it seems i'm meant to go
Ships_Were_Sailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:19 PM   #843
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
aww of course it was, i don't know, maybe it's because I'm danish or something, it's sort of in my nature to not want to attract too much attention - this might seem ungrateful, I remember someone also asked me in the appreciation thread if I wasn't happy for the eskimo attention, but believe me - I am! It didn't even occur to me to bump my own thread cause to me it'd feel a little too, what's the word, self-appreciative..? I don't think ie. Nine is too much or anything, when she uses her appreciation thread for messages connected to her artistic or other endevours, I just admire her for having the self confidence to stand by herself For me you know it'd just feel wrong 's all, maybe I'm just too shy when it comes to my music.

Ok that turned out a longer post than I intended but just thought I'd explain - just know that your appreciation for me is appreciated
hehe, sorry I didn't mean to put you on the spot. I totally understand, if it were me I wouldn't want to attract attention to myself either. But I can be boastful for you!! I'm sure it must be quite exciting!! I'll start a drum roll in your thread, so that everyone can show their excitement for you And I'm glad you appreciate mine and everyone's appreciation !

I'm having one of the greatest days in a long time!!!! Recent troubles have shockingly and amazingly sorted themselves out, and perhaps in hindsight they were a blessing in disguise.....plus, it's even raining and I love the rain
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #844
Ships_Were_Sailin
Eskimo Regular

[quote=Lindsay]I totally understand, if it were me I wouldn't want to attract attention to myself either.
[quote]

i find that hard to believe somehow...

congratz on your awsome day, hope you have more! my days not been bad either, bit boring, but meh. watching my dog run around in her little lamp shade thingy is funny though, shes just had an opperation

Old 09-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #845
Rai
Eskimontologist

Probably one of the worst covers and videos ever, with Shane MacGowan utterly stoned (as usual).

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #846
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

a friend in the marines i haven't seen in a long time is home and randomly appeared on my doorstep drunk like old times! it was funny!
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #847
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ships_Were_Sailin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay
I totally understand, if it were me I wouldn't want to attract attention to myself either.
i find that hard to believe somehow...
ahaha ....weeell, I guess if I were as talented as Cille, I would feel sorry for you all! But really though, I know it *may* be hard to believe, but I'm actually quite timid!
Quote:
congratz on your awsome day, hope you have more! my days not been bad either, bit boring, but meh. watching my dog run around in her little lamp shade thingy is funny though, shes just had an opperation
Thanks so much Ships....it's honestly been fantastic! Aw, your poor dog though, I hope you're being nice and not taunting it . But it sounds like you're having a good day if your dog isn't peeing on your bed and distracting you from your artistic endeavors!!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #848
Ships_Were_Sailin
Eskimo Regular

yeah im in the midst of creating a new picture, but my dog isnt peeing anywhere, well, at least not anywhere near my bed.

she is dead cute though, running into walls and door frames and what not, poor thing doesnt know why she has this big tunnel thing around her neck

sleepy time for me, gotto get up early, hope your next days is as good as your last miss smiley (due to your exsesive use of smileys, that is now your nickname)

Old 09-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #849
Nine
Inuit

Default !!!

drunk = smiles!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:56 AM   #850
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
yeah im in the midst of creating a new picture, but my dog isnt peeing anywhere, well, at least not anywhere near my bed.

she is dead cute though, running into walls and door frames and what not, poor thing doesnt know why she has this big tunnel thing around her neck

sleepy time for me, gotto get up early, hope your next days is as good as your last miss smiley (due to your exsesive use of smileys, that is now your nickname)
awww, poor thing. My dogs like to run into walls too, but just because they're a bit excitable to say the least!

thanks Ships, much appreciated! Haha.....but miss smiley?! Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
drunk = smiles!!!
....I hope you're not implying that I'm always drunk!

Last edited by Lindsay; 10-15-2007 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:18 PM   #851
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

Quote:
Best of luck sweetie!
What matches are they, and where are you going to work?
well, the first night was horrible. it was totally packed and i had to use the computer for the first time and i'm sure i made some mistakes, so i ended up 30 euro's down, which wasn't that funny. but well, i was up all the other nights. it's the rugby world cup we're showing and it's a good atmosphere. it's an irish pub, of course, my love. i think i just miss it too much. ireland and everything. and the people are just better to work with and the atmosphere there is just nicer than in any austrian place i can imagine. i think it's just more fun.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:27 PM   #852
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

i'm smiling cause i bet i'm the only eskimo who smokes enough weed and drinks enough liquar to the point of where the can smoke 8grams of weed and drink half a fifth of tanguary and still feel sober and be around my attorney and dad and be straight.

haha, i love getting ****ed up! i'm going to miss it, but i got a friend in the Guard who is wanting to send me drungs and stuff to sell at basic training and we'll make bank! people pay 20 bucks a can of chewing tobacc, cocaine sells for 2-3 times the normal price, and weed and tobacco are easy to make money off so i got the hook up!
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:02 AM
SisterMidnight
This message has been deleted by SisterMidnight.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #853
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

excuse me if I am wrong, but... wont that totally screw up all your chances in the army if you get caught??
Old 09-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #854
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi
excuse me if I am wrong, but... wont that totally screw up all your chances in the army if you get caught??
hmmm...would not only screw up chances in army would screw up life...hey fine to do as you please but the idea of mentioning it on a board is not a good one.. in this day and age most everything is subject to monitoring particularly if you are in the military and become suspect. also dealing in particular cocaine will result in a LONNNNNNNGGGG time being some cons boyfriend in the slammer....
dylanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #855
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

^ that is what I was thinking.
You should probably keep those kind of things to yourself cameron...
Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #856
cille
creepycute

^I was thinking the same. Don't do it Cam, it'd be like screwing yourself in the *ss, and not in any pleasant way.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #857
Rai
Eskimontologist

Managing to manually retouch a 20X20 photo so that a big black fault of the negative (o, the joys of taking photos with a 70+ years old camera! ) was almost completely removed. Stalin would have loved me.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 09-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #858
viv
Eskimo Regular

^ I was going to make a very cynical comment about how the war is going but I will refrain and just say this.

I've heard (i don't know for sure) that it's relatively easy to get away with certain stuff because they're desperate and need everyone they've got, but come on. It kind of seemed like you were joining in hopes of improving life and/or your situation. Why don't you actually give that a try?
viv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #859
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Quote:
^ that is what I was thinking.
You should probably keep those kind of things to yourself cameron...
I was thinking you should just not do it. You say you've worked hard to get the opportunity to be a marine and that's all you want... so why risk it for a quick buck?

And from a selfish point of view... if I were going into battle, I'd rather not be going in with guys addicted to drugs... who knows how they'd react under pressure... especially if ye're dug in somewhere and they can't get their fix.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #860
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

Well, if ever I were interested in going into the military, this would totally have changed my mind! Why would I put my life into the hands of people that could potentially be on drugs? It is like signing a death sentence!

You should look at this experience as a chance to start fresh and make something amazing out of your life, and I dont think selling drugs in the army is considered a step in that direction....

Just a thought.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #861
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

CSI tonight!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #862
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

having kristi back in the igloo...the voice of reason...
dylanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #863
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

^ aw shucks! I try :P
Old 09-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #864
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

Im smiling because I love reading verenita's posts, they just seem to brighten my day
Old 09-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #865
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Im smiling because I love reading verenita's posts, they just seem to brighten my day
(wow... i did´t know, he)

how is that?... if it´s for good... i´m so glad, then (and flattered, of course)...
Old 09-28-2007, 08:12 AM   #866
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Yes, me too - I often get all warm inside when i read Verenita's posts - you're the cutest girl on the web, Verenita!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #867
Rai
Eskimontologist

Getting rid of a seminar that would have required too much of my precious energies for no apparent reason. This also means, that my fridays are totally free from duties, yeeha!

Old 09-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #868
cille
creepycute

^Duty Free?
Old 09-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #869
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
^Duty Free?
i don't put him down as the type to go shoppin for perfumes and whatnot
..maybe a feadóg stáin
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #870
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Yes, me too - I often get all warm inside when i read Verenita's posts - you're the cutest girl on the web, Verenita!
hey, thanks a lot!... i don´t think i diserve this... but i´ll take it anyway, he...

this made me smile today, of course!