Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Introduce Yourself

Old 01-09-2004, 11:13 AM   #1
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

I found this cryptic message on Damienrice.com can you understand what he is talking about??

Hello Damien Rice Fans,
Obvoiusly i am a big damien fan and used to use www.damienrice.com frequently.However i was advised by a friend ta try www.eskimofriends.com which i find excellent. My problem is as follows: for one reason or another i can't post messages on the forum or send and recieve private messages.From one fan to another could 1 of u do me a big favour,please?
If u are willing to help can ya please do the following: (1) go on2 www.eskimofriends.com (2) click on forum (its in the right hand margin) then (3) click on LOG IN (4) now i presume u aren't a registered member with a username and a password so scroll down and click on "REGISTER IF YOU ARE NOT ALREADY A MEMBER"or something roughly like that. (5) fill in the form (it doesn't matter about all the details as you more than likely won't b logged on again as ur loyaltys lie here!) (6) once you are register click onto the Damien Rice section of the forum cos its divided into loads of things gigs introduce yourself etc.) than under the subject of "PLEASE READ" write "This is Donsie B, i was locked out of my user and had to get another fan to do it for me, it mentions how i have not got user permission and my IP range is wrong" (7) write back and just tell me youve dun it

I would greatly appreicate this whoever does it

Donsie B

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 11:37 AM   #2
DaveG
Eskimo Regular

I think Donsie B got barred!!! And for good reason too
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 11:47 AM   #3
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

I noticed that he is still listed on the member list as active? Also it looks like he registred twice.. Perhaps Emmett will see this and shed some light??

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
Old 01-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #4
DaveG
Eskimo Regular

Nah it seems like Emmett has blocked his ip address......it doesn't matter if your account is active, if your ip address is blocked......Emmett has the power to shut you down people.......respect the igloo founder [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 11:58 AM   #5
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

ha,ha...I will remember that, although I think I am in good with Emmett for now[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #6
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
I think Donsie B got barred!!! And for good reason too
What do you mean? [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 12:06 PM   #7
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

I know Angela, I was surprised also, I have never noticed anything inappropriate from him, he is just a kid isn't he? HMM, I wonder[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 12:35 PM   #8
Aisling
Mel is so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalogh
I found this cryptic message on Damienrice.com can you understand what he is talking about??

Hello Damien Rice Fans,
(5) fill in the form (it doesn't matter about all the details as you more than likely won't b logged on again as ur loyaltys lie here!)
Donsie B

ugh!!! i believe this to be the problem...![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 12:46 PM   #9
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 12:53 PM   #10
Aisling
Mel is so hot right now

no not you! donsie said that the loyalties lie in the hands of dr.com....or did i take that up wrong?[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 01:05 PM   #11
administrator
forum administrator

i've only banned a couple of people, but i have never banned donsie b. i banned one person called donsie's gal for very inappropriate posts so unless he's using that person's same computer i don't know why he posted that. i'll email him and ask him

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 01:08 PM   #12
DaveG
Eskimo Regular

nah emmett don't bother......i partly guessed that you'd banned donsie's gal, her comments were a bit overboard, but i guess they use the same machine,hence the ip problem
Old 01-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #13
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
no not you! donsie said that the loyalties lie in the hands of dr.com....or did i take that up wrong?[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
]

You picked it up wrong... he meant that those on DR.com have chosen to be there rather than here and probably won't be back here...
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 02:20 PM   #14
Patricia
Eskimo Regular

Where ARE those inapropriate posts? Now I want to see them![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 05:42 PM   #15
Venomous Valdez
Eskimo Regular

wow i just read that post on those boards about a half hour ago. looks like i missed some stuff.