Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 05-16-2007, 11:50 PM   #31
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

yay paul! i would love love love a recording!
Old 05-29-2007, 04:40 PM   #32
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

well its tonight anyone going anywhere before hand or afterwards?? well anywho .. ill look for you guys ... look for me also !! im the one that looks like grizzly adams with the beard and all ... row A seats like 4 and 5 or somethin near there ....

Visit me and my band at www.myspace.com/zcraftmusic
ZachC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #33
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

Default Nobody is opening for the Spring Tour

Just a warning to you all.

Unless you get some local band that has donated their time, I suggest being in your seats 15 - 30 minutes before the show. NY, Boston and other spots have all gone without warm up bands. Damien came on between 8:00 and 8:15 in Boston.

To all of you attending - have a blast!

dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv
I didn't think anyone was. I haven't heard anything about an opener. I really hope it's just him.
daveydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #34
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

I'm sure you are busy today PB. If you missed my PM's, just wanted to tell you to tape from up front even if you guys have the front of the board covered. Reason = the un-mic'd bit that DR is doing would be sweet to hear from the area you are sitting in. It might not be so great from the other spots if others are taping.

Good luck pal!

dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbaptiste
anybody ever tape at the murat? I know i've seen shows from there (david gray for example) am just curious cuz i've been wanded a couple times there and am getting equipment for this gig, 1st time taping! so don't know too much about stealthy recording beyond sneaking stuff in the wife's purse.
daveydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #35
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
the Murat just called me back today and gave me the thumbs up on taping, so there will be an indianapolis recording!! now if i can find my *$*$ microphone, i think my daughter stashed it in her toy box or inside one of my guitars, i hear something a rattling inside: can't wait.
i second the comment i made above, and i am also going to try to get a digital video camera in. i will be in the front row, so i should have a great view. lemme know if you get this thing taped, and maybe we can sync your audio with my video
Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #36
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

yeah it would be amazing to have it video taped and then synced with the recording ... well im heading down town soon ... just to walk around for a couple hours before hand maybe ill even run into damien and company somewhere .... see you all at the show !!!

Old 05-29-2007, 05:57 PM   #37
Topspin047
tennis pro

have fun! report back to the igloo afterwards
Old 05-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #38
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveydave
Just a warning to you all.

Unless you get some local band that has donated their time, I suggest being in your seats 15 - 30 minutes before the show. NY, Boston and other spots have all gone without warm up bands. Damien came on between 8:00 and 8:15 in Boston.

To all of you attending - have a blast!

dave
I would say just be in your seats at the time the show is supposed to start unless you really want to wait 45 minutes. He went on more than 30 minutes late in DC because the seats weren't mostly full yet.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:43 PM   #39
paulbaptiste
Eskimo Ninja

very excited, trying to get this mic thing worked out, some people are trying to help me since mine didn't come in the mail in time, there's gonna be a tape regardless, i'm gonna tape regardless, this damn thing has been so stressfull. good luck on the video. i'm row f 11-13, me the wifey and the mom's. these ladies better be quiet while i'm taping. i doubt it.
paulbaptiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #40
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

yep, i'll be there tonight. should be cool. wish i had more energy cause i'm not in the mood to go to a concert, but i'll have a blast and i'm excited. it'll probably be the last oppoturnity i have to see him besides at bonnaroo, so i'll make the most of it!!

someone get me a copy of their recording when they are done... it'd be greatly appreciated!!!

have fun everyone
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:23 AM   #41
paulbaptiste
Eskimo Ninja

amazing show, don't have exact setlist, but he played sleep don't weep, insane, girl that does yoga and others. damn depressing for me, stopped my tape at the 74min mark to switch discs, would not eject, left to the bathroom, would not eject, player says "blank disc", my mic levels were on, had great seats, and it's all ****ed, hopefully mario's guy got it taped
paulbaptiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:40 AM   #42
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Man, so sorry for you, I know how excited you were about this recording... but on the bright side the show seems great!!! Insane again!!!! Don't worry, you'll have another chance next September!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:25 AM   #43
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

good god, what a show! again, a knockout! i came in tonight hoping to hear 3 songs: crosseyed bear, insane, and i remember. got all 3! in fact, i was the one to request insane . now, the setlist. i cant remember everything, but yes, i videotaped the show. i set my camera right on the stage and let it do its thing. unfortunately, it didnt do its thing very well , but i did get a few songs in nicely. woops, yeah, my version of the setlist:

crosseyed bear>
eskimo
sleep dont weep
volcano>
rootless tree
the professor
insane
coconut skins>
woman like a man
dogs
accidental babies (solo, but with gorgeous piano outro intact)
the blowers daughter
cannonball (unplugged)
----
delicate
i remember >
bang bang >
i remember
cheers darlin

i was fortunate enough to be able to speak with tomo and damien after the show - tomo is working with lisa on an album that is due out next year. tomo said lisa's stuff is really really really good and thats shes a rare find in that shes so incredibly talented. vyv and joel are home for the week, but they will be returning for bonnaroo (again, says tomo.) damien and i discussed bonnaroo. he said he was excited about seeing the police. also, he wasnt a big fan of coachella. i think tomo is developing a bit of an irish accent after hangin around his band for so long :b! but yeah, hell of a show, and as soon as i get an audio recording ill get some videos out.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #44
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

very good show i have pictures a few ill post ... i got to also chat with tomo after the show ... no irish accent in my opinion .. but i didnt want to ask him about lisa and vyv so we basically chatted about how much longer he has to tour till he can go see his little ones again ... then basically started chatting about our kids ... and then he had to teach my girlfriend how to use her own camera so we could get a picture together
i am however dissapointed in some of the crowd for being jackasses ... and riley how long did you wait till damien came out ??

my version of the stage before hand ... i like weird photography

damien telling his cheers darlin story ...

Last edited by ZachC; 05-30-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:34 PM
viv
This message has been deleted by viv.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:24 PM   #45
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
amazing show, don't have exact setlist, but he played sleep don't weep, insane, girl that does yoga and others. damn depressing for me, stopped my tape at the 74min mark to switch discs, would not eject, left to the bathroom, would not eject, player says "blank disc", my mic levels were on, had great seats, and it's all ****ed, hopefully mario's guy got it taped
Hey at least you got an awesome show - haven't caught cross-eyed bear yet - and insane - awesome!

Sorry about the taping bro
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #46
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

yeah that show was amazing!! much better then verizon!

anyone hear that annoying girl during Rootless Tree who would repeat after him in the chorus and it was pissing everyone off? alot of people got told to shut the f*ck up at that gig.

the setlist was so damn good!!!! i was so surprised when he started off with crosseyed bear!!!! he was playing lots of crazy little jams too that were cool
Old 05-30-2007, 11:46 PM
viv
This message has been deleted by viv.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:27 AM   #47
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

and i know ya'll saw him lighting that sticky joint... it wouldn't keep burning, which indicates some nice fresh weed!

haha, wishful thinking! i'm pretty sure right when he lit up about half of the audience was fighting back the urge to not do the same lol
Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #48
harpster
Eskimo Baby

so was anyone able to get this show recorded?
harpster is offline   Reply With Quote