Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Introduce Yourself

Old 05-25-2005, 02:43 PM   #1
Trifecta
Eskimo Baby

Default Good Afternoon

I was put onto Damien Rice by a young lady with whom I have fallen rather head over heels with The feeling is not reciprocated but at least I have "discovered" some beautiful music. Hello to you all.

Edited because I have only just read Emmett's guidelines. Already told you how I came here but I left out where I am from. Bournemouth in England.

Last edited by Trifecta; 05-25-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

no worries, we've all been there (*shakes fist at the past*) Welcome to the Igloo. Make urself at home.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
evanj
Eskimo Livin

howdy and welcome
Old 05-25-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifecta
Edited because I have only just read Emmett's guidelines.
Now I'm curious...

Welcome

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 09:11 AM   #5
Trifecta
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
Now I'm curious...
Well in the F.A.Q.s it asks people to introduce themselves by explaining why they are here and where they are from. As I have been brought up to do as I am told, when asked nicely , I re-edited my post to include my location.

Don't you just love newbies ?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:48 AM   #6
Niko
Eskimo Regular

Hooray for Bo'mo! Or is it just mine and Xanthe's family that calls Bournemouth that...? Either way, welcome Trifecta!
Old 05-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #7
dramaking
King of Pain

welcome
Old 05-26-2005, 06:41 PM   #8
Xanthe
Eskimo Friend

Location: Everywhere you want to be...well, if you want to be in the south of England.

Ah, Bomo...home of the original Shakeaway (oh yes), that big balloon thingy, and that weird busker dressed as Charlie Chaplin - so many memories...

Anyhoo, welcome! And music's probably less stressful than a girlfriend / boyfriend in the long run
Old 05-26-2005, 07:29 PM   #9
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

welcome!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:35 PM   #10
crackpotcuckoo
Eskimo Regular

Howaya?!
crackpotcuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:33 AM   #11
Trifecta
Eskimo Baby

Thank you all for the lovely welcome. Are you all this friendly ?

The balloon is still there as is that revolting "Charlie Chaplin" beggar chappy, my daughter is seriously freaked by that guy. Still seeing as his act consists of twirling a walking stick, whilst wearing a moustache, I can see why he is so popular

So thank you all again for the welcome. Feeling much happier today as the aforementioned young lady has agreed to meet me for coffee this morning (I can turn off Eskimo Friend for a couple of hours) and I look forward to learning a lot more about Mr Rice and friends.

To you all
Old 05-27-2005, 09:05 AM   #12
ade and rice and peas
Eskimo Pimp.

welcome dude, and good luck with the lady *gives cheesy grin and thumbs up* beer's in the fridge and the remote is on the arm of the sofa, make yerself at home dude!!
Old 05-27-2005, 01:02 PM   #13
Trifecta
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade and rice and peas
welcome dude, and good luck with the lady *gives cheesy grin and thumbs up* beer's in the fridge and the remote is on the arm of the sofa, make yerself at home dude!!
The young lady and I had a lovely hour and a half, which felt like five minutes, and she is as beautiful and intelligent as ever. Wonderful company and I practically floated away afterwards. The sun is shining and life is good.

Cheers darlin'
Old 05-27-2005, 01:21 PM   #14
Niko
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifecta
The balloon is still there as is that revolting "Charlie Chaplin" beggar chappy, my daughter is seriously freaked by that guy. Still seeing as his act consists of twirling a walking stick, whilst wearing a moustache, I can see why he is so popular
My friend Jenna had never seen me angry until we walked past that fella. I don't know why, but he seems to bring out the worst in me. Got to love the pictures he sometimes displays of nonplussed-looking celebrities he's door-stepped and forced into photo-opportunities, though

Great to hear that things are going well with the young lady. Speaking of which, the aforementioned Jenna is kinda young (well, she's 20), lives in Bournemouth, into Damien Rice, and has been seeing an older man...Too bad this isn't Hollywood so we can't have one of those crazy coincidences, eh?
Old 05-27-2005, 02:45 PM   #15
Trifecta
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko
Great to hear that things are going well with the young lady. Speaking of which, the aforementioned Jenna is kinda young (well, she's 20), lives in Bournemouth, into Damien Rice, and has been seeing an older man...Too bad this isn't Hollywood so we can't have one of those crazy coincidences, eh?
Would hardly say that we are "seeing" each other. I should be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, as someone once sang.

It is more in the line of a massive infatuation on my behalf, a more unkind person may possibly use the word "stalk" and she is 20 years old, but sadly she is far too intelligent and much too sensible to fall for my more mature charms and I just thank whoever whenever I get the chance to meet her.

This movie, what happens at the end ? Does our hero get the girl ?
Old 05-28-2005, 04:01 PM   #16
mari
Eskimo Regular

Well, I'm not from the Bournemouth area originally, but I lived in Parkstone for almost a year...*sigh*. I loved it there, I was poor as a church mouse, but it was great fun!

Oh, I almost forgot to say, welcome to the igloo!
Old 05-28-2005, 10:22 PM   #17
BenjaminCostello
Eskimo Regular

Welcome!!
Old 05-29-2005, 06:24 PM   #18
Trifecta
Eskimo Baby

Thank you Mari and Benjamin. Some very kind people here

An update for anybody who is interested (Niko, what happens in the film? I need to know) the very charming and beautiful young lady in question spent some time with me on the phone last night and maybe she is melting a bit. She has set me a task and I am hoping that by at least attempting this task I will get to spend some more time with her, to listen to her voice, to grow emotionally and intellectually. I can dream

The welcomes I have received here have been fantastic. Thank you all.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:47 PM   #19
damofan
Eskimo Regular

Smile

Welcome Welcome!!!! most are very friendly here!!
Old 06-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #20
Trifecta
Eskimo Baby

Everybody has been very friendly Damofan. So far so good. Been away from the forum for a few days, went to watch West Ham United in Cardiff and drank way too much, I am still not right, and I think I managed to annoy my "friend" with some very drunken text messages. Stupid old fool.

Too all who have joined over the last couple of days a hearty Hello from Bournemouth, which is beginning to become the very centre of Damien Rice appreciation, and my apologies for not introducing myself personally.