Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 07-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
Nine
Inuit

Default Does anyone fancy joining me at wembley?

I am regretting my earlier decision not to go to the Wembley gig on October 6th - and now want to go, as there's still tickets. Can't seem to find anyone able to join me though, and I was wondering if anyone else may be in the same position, and fancies going as a group of eskimos?

x
Old 07-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
eamo_rice
meh

would love to Hollie but already have two tickets for the upper (i think) tier! im praying this will be a good gig, haven't heard the best reports about Wembley
eamo_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamo_rice
would love to Hollie but already have two tickets for the upper (i think) tier! im praying this will be a good gig, haven't heard the best reports about Wembley
Well, I was dubious when I first heard he was playing there, which is half the reason I didn't buy a ticket. But to be honest, having seen his more recent gigs and the new direction he is taking with his live shows, I think this gig has the potential to be incredible... He did say back in December that he wanted to work towards 'a certain type of show by the end of the year' - at the time I didn't know what he meant, now I'm fairly sure I do!

Well, shame I didn't catch you before you bought the tickets, but might see you there if I do end up going!!
xx
Old 07-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
Ricicle
Eskimo Builder

Have pm you Hols!

R.

x

Old 07-20-2007, 01:28 AM   #5
Mark Hogan
Eskimo Regular

If Wembley is in Pennsylvania, I'll definitely join you.
Mark Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #6
jonnycrouch
Eskimo, baby

Yes, I bid on tickets on ebay for the nottingham gig- meaning I contributed to some scummer touts wallet lining (yes I'm a bad person), but didn't get them... so I might consider this wembley thing.
jonnycrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
Calum
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hogan
If Wembley is in Pennsylvania, I'll definitely join you.
Nice try.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #8
Nine
Inuit

Ah, excellent Jonny

Calum, you should come too!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
Calum
Eskimo Regular

I would love to! One problem though... i'm skint. I might be getting a job at Sainsbury's soon though, apparently you're allowed to start work at 15 if you get permission from the council or something like that. Anyhoo, it's a right bummer, but i realised a few months ago that i could only go to either Brighton or Wembley, so i went for Brighton.

Have a great time though!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #10
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum
I would love to! One problem though... i'm skint. I might be getting a job at Sainsbury's soon though, apparently you're allowed to start work at 15 if you get permission from the council or something like that. Anyhoo, it's a right bummer, but i realised a few months ago that i could only go to either Brighton or Wembley, so i went for Brighton.

Have a great time though!
Will do! And if i find any cheapies like I did for the Reading gig (got em for £9 each!) I'll be sure to let you know!
xx