Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 01-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #151
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwife View Post
the cheers darling was hilarious.. almost uncomfortably funny... everybody must have been so surprised with his act...drunk or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hETt...eature=related
beyond amazing! he is great and truly funny! i love this version.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #152
tarasova
Eskimo Baby

Desafinado with Max de Castro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1GrDcTUGdE

Cannonball:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTZ-c_Vii_Y

(I tell no lies! THANK YOU FOR THE AWESOMENESS, Damo! <3)

Last edited by tarasova; 01-31-2009 at 03:33 PM.
tarasova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #153
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

amazing pics (again)!!!!!

stole the setlist from the orkut DR Brasilian group:

The Professor
Delicate
Sand
Amie
Woman like a man
Elephant
I Remember/Can't get you(Kylie lil bit)
Coconut Skins
Cold Water/Hallelujah
Volcano
Rootles Tree
Cannonbal (unplugged)
----
Desafinado ( with Max da Castro)
The Blowers daughter
Cheers darling
Old 01-31-2009, 04:44 PM   #154
felipeBRA
Eskimo Baby

hi everyone.!!!!!!

i'm wordless. i don't know if i can tell you everything i felt in this show. because... it was more than amazing... more, and more and moreeee.
i see someone write a nice review, so tks to help because my english is no so god! but i'll try

so. it was really AMAZING. i could not expect a show like this, i'm surprised...

the setlist is here... the professor and delicate.
DELICATE was AMAZING. the hole place sang with him, everyone singing.. wow it was magical!!!!

and than everyone shouted "SAND" and he "do you know SAND????" and everyonde YEEEEEEEEES. and than he started singing... and WOW. again the hole place sang with him... sand people, sand... it was... wow. i have no words... and than he started to play like a young boy...

and he tell us lots of histories, he laughed a lot.. and brazilians are amazing, we screamed a lot! ahauahuaa

Volcano was amazing. lots of us invaded the stage... including me.. you can see me in this photo !!! and i sit on the floor right in front of him, i was like on his feet... it was magical.!

he talked about the huge rain (yes it rains a lot here), talked about how amazing it was beeing here!

sBUT BUT BUT. you know me people... i really expected that he sings DESAFINADO.... and when he came back for encore.... he invited Max De Castro to sing.. and voilà! he did it very well.. so ****ing amazing... o my god... and we sing it with him!

and after, like 30 or 50 i don't remeber was waiting him... and he came out, he talked with everyone... all of us, one by one... he satyed with us for like 45 minutes or one hour... WOW. i huged him for like 4 times, i talked with him a lot.. he tell us how surprised he was, he told us that he's never expected see something like this... he was very happy to talk with us... he tell us histories about him here, he eats banana...he's very very very nice... i stayed beside him at this moment for like 15 minutos just talking an listening him. and after all these minutes of hugs, kisses and conversation he decided to sing. on the parking of the place, he take his guitar.. and everyone sat down on the floor... and he sang Accidental Babies, watching for us... and we just watching to him... like a heaven. it seems like he was in my home....
i can't tell how i feel and waht i see with words... because this gig was more than amazing...

he's huge. and he love us. he talked to everyone, everyone people... he met everyone who waited to see him... like a friend... i've never see damien doing this... he explain to us that he used to build a wall in front of him, and this tour changed his life... and he said "the best show i've ever did... this place and you are ****ing amazing"...

i'm so glad... i'm at my frind's house "kalu" maybe melissa and cali remeber her.. i've travelled like 7 hours by bus to see him... and... i just have to thank Damien for this, for beeing a person like this.. for beeing an amazing artist, he's incredible...

thank you. a lot, and you guys! thank you so much to read this bad english, but i have to tell how i felt with my words... i'm like a kid!!!! ehehhee happy happy happy!!!

later i can share some videos and photos. not mine.. because i don't take any pictures or videos... but my friends did... so, wait!

thank you, thanks melissa to remeber of us here, thanks Cali (you can have a look and participate on ORKUT, we'll be glad to translate something to you), thank you all aour eskimofriends...

the best, ever.
felipeBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #155
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

wow, guys, that's fantastic! I kept reading the reviews and how you guys felt and I must admit, I'm bit jealous LOL but that just mean he does something different in every show and that is truly great. amazing stories, I love it!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:05 PM   #156
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

thank you for the reviews tarasova and felipebra! that's so cool he stayed and played in the parking lot after.. i knew he would love south america because the people are so warm and passionate and enthusiastic! i hope he comes back again soon to see you on his next tour

i found a video of coconut skins on youtube

SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:31 PM   #157
Felipe
Eskimo Baby

people!

felipeBRA is me too! i'm not on my computer!!!! i have to do another profile because i've forgotten this password, but now i found my password in my mail box!

so this review very crazy is mine!!!!

melissa i remember to you, and all of you after like "OMGOOOOOD i have to write to them!!!!!"
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:36 PM   #158
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Great reviews! Sounds like everyone had a great time, including Damo . . . I'm sure he'll be back someday!
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:21 PM   #159
Joyful
Eskimama

Thanks for the great reviews! Sounds like so much fun!
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:05 PM   #160
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

I hope he plays a new song soon.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:41 PM   #161
tarasova
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight View Post
thank you for the reviews tarasova and felipebra! that's so cool he stayed and played in the parking lot after.. i knew he would love south america because the people are so warm and passionate and enthusiastic! i hope he comes back again soon to see you on his next tour

passionate and enthusiastic = euphemism for CRAZY HAHAHA

oh, I hope he comes back soon, too! Now that I've seen him once I feel like I have to see him A THOUSAND TIMES MORE hahahah

Old 01-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #162
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarasova View Post
Now that I've seen him once I feel like I have to see him A THOUSAND TIMES MORE hahahah
Haha... he does have that effect on people! I don't think you could ever see him live "too many" times!

It seems like he really enjoyed his time in South America! Can't wait for him to schedule some proper worldwide tour dates now
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #163
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

yeah, like vienna, austria. he's never had a gig here before... but it'd be about time now imho. glad he seems to be enjoying that tour, though... looks like fun!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:51 PM   #164
tarasova
Eskimo Baby

STAGE INVASION:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsnYDj1B-DE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz9P4u1UGQQ

awesome!! <3

Old 02-01-2009, 12:00 AM   #165
verenita
... trusty and true ...

hey... you had sand and extra songs... how amazing is that!
thanks for share your feelings (kind of) and i´m very very happy for your happiness. i know what you mean and how great it feels.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #166
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva_arg View Post
thanks!!! I love that ending too, specially that stomping thing. he did that with 9 crimes also. it turned out great! keep them coming
lol, i was going to say the same thing. it was great!
Old 02-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #167
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

What a night it must have been! Thanks for your reviews and clips guys! I hope a video of his reaction to the fans knowing "Sand" surfaces on YouTube or something!

And "Accidental Babies" live after the show?? WOW!!

Quote:
he explain to us that he used to build a wall in front of him, and this tour changed his life... and he said "the best show i've ever did... this place and you are ****ing amazing"..
WOW, looks like you guys really made an impression I'm happy he enjoyed the tour so much cause it makes it more likely that he'll return.

Last edited by eskimo_prague; 02-01-2009 at 01:05 AM.
eskimo_prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #168
Devushka
Folkie Eskimo

Guys... finally i can upload some videos.. here is the first one... when he comes out to the stage and eveyone goes crazy....

Insane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeTD1IrkyzU

9 Crimes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIvQq...e=channel_page

Delicate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq515JHDtdk

And... here is the one i promised... "Cheers Darling" complete!! it's about 20 minutes... but i had to upload it to filefactory, cuz youtube wouldnt let me upload....

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a04d...rs_Darling_wmv

Prepare to laugh!!!!!!!

Cheers Eskimos!!!

Last edited by Devushka; 02-01-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Devushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #169
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Just watching the Cheers Darlin whole thing!!!!!! Didn't realise he had done the story part with 2 people f. the audience!! cannot even count how many drinks they had!!!!!!!

Amazing, thanks a lot for posting it!! I'm not sure but I think that other sites like video.google don't have a limit (unlike youtube)...
Old 02-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #170
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by felipeBRA View Post
and than everyone shouted "SAND" and he "do you know SAND????" and everyonde YEEEEEEEEES. and than he started singing... and WOW. again the hole place sang with him... sand people, sand... it was... wow. i have no words... and than he started to play like a young boy...
I'd love to see a video of this

The power of the internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felipeBRA View Post
he's huge. and he love us. he talked to everyone, everyone people... he met everyone who waited to see him... like a friend... i've never see damien doing this... he explain to us that he used to build a wall in front of him, and this tour changed his life... and he said "the best show i've ever did... this place and you are ****ing amazing"...

I could imagine this being very true! Brilliant, just brilliant.
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #171
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

From Seu Jorge's show... looks like Damien did The Blower's Daughter solo without SJ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLRUspeY7vA

and then before or after, Seu Jorge did E Isso Ai solo in Portuguese. Damien is there by his side (right?) but does not sing (?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKrh95hu1WY
Old 02-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #172
Katherin
Eskimo Baby

Hey guys! I have on my flickr some photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/katheri...7613239108726/

and some videos on my youtube channel ( including Damien in Rio at Seu Jorge's Concert singing "The Blower's Daughter"), but I sill have to put Volcano and Cannonball!

http://br.youtube.com/user/kathneves
Katherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #173
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

thank you guys for all the pics and videos!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #174
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

Here's "Accidental Babies" from the first Mexican gig Enjoy!

Accidental Babies - Lunario Mexico City - Jan 21, 2009
Old 02-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #175
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^Prague thanks x that, amazing amazing clip, he sings it with such emotion, especially towards the end. love it!

^^Katherin, great pics!!! So you were at the Seu Jorge gig too????? Tell us more details!!!!!!!!!!! For what I get, they did not actually sing together???
Old 02-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #176
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherin View Post
Hey guys! I have on my flickr some photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/katheri...7613239108726/

and some videos on my youtube channel ( including Damien in Rio at Seu Jorge's Concert singing "The Blower's Daughter"), but I sill have to put Volcano and Cannonball!

http://br.youtube.com/user/kathneves

thanks, katherin. i´m glad you had an amazing night! thanks for the pics and videos
who´s the girl who was on the stage? is it you?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #177
Darvish
Eskimo Friend

is the plantsy, tropical-rainforest section where damien played blowers part of the stage where he performed all the other songs?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #178
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

thanks for all the pics and videos people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
people!

felipeBRA is me too! i'm not on my computer!!!! i have to do another profile because i've forgotten this password, but now i found my password in my mail box!

so this review very crazy is mine!!!!

melissa i remember to you, and all of you after like "OMGOOOOOD i have to write to them!!!!!"
haha felipe, i wondered if that was you but i wasn't sure because there are so many felipes on the brasil site..

thank you for posting your experience of the gig, it sounds like it was amazing! is that you in the picture? i think i see you there on the stage sitting at damien's feet.. muito bom!

i'm so glad you (and the rest of our brazilian friends) had such a good time at the gig. did you have a meet up? and you're right about damien, he's so sweet and friendly when you meet him in person, isn't he? i'm SO glad you finally got to see him live, you waited so patiently so long.. it was worth the wait, yeah? tomar cuidado meu amigo, beijos e abracos xo
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:00 AM   #179
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
^Prague thanks x that, amazing amazing clip, he sings it with such emotion, especially towards the end. love it!
It was really nice to hear it on guitar, glad you liked it

Three more videos here:

Grey Room - Lunario México City - Jan 21, 2009

Older Chests - Lunario México City - Jan 21, 2009

I Remember - Lunario México City - Jan 21, 2009
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #180
drapedinwires
Eskimo Baby

Hello there!

This is my firts post in this forum. I'm from Chile and I just want to share with all of you my experience. (you'll have to forgive me but my english is not so good)

I've already read your experiencies and reviews and all of them sounds amazing. I can feel so much passion in the way you tell your stories. I'll try to do it the best I can.
I know many of you were waiting several years to see Damien in Southamerica. It wasn't my case, I knew him a month before he came and now I feel very lucky to have found such an artist. It was weird, a kind of love at first sight (I'm talking about his music, obviously )

The first song I listen & saw was "I Remember" (the BBC four sessions version) and it shocked me. And then I download his records and buy a ticket for his concert in Chile. In less than a month I became an addict to his music. Searching on internet I found your site but I didn't register, sorry but sometimes I can be really shy

I was really excited to attend to his concert. Then, when I read the first reviews about his shows in Mexico I got even more excited I couldn't wait for the day!!!
The week of the concert I was on my holidays and I had so much time in my hands to read this forum and found out some things. (you'll understand)

It came the day and I got to the teather 45 min before the start of the show. I was alone. I decided to walk around the venue just in case....
There were 4 people waiting in the back door. I wait with them... Damien got there 30 min later. He came in a small car (some girl was driving it)... He saw us and said hello with a smile in his face..... he is so tiny and skinny but adorable.
When we were waiting the other guys were talking about taking pictures and asking for an autograph, but I said to them that he doesn´t like too much those kind of things. Thats was exactly what happened... they asked for a photo and autograph but Damien said no (with kind words ) .... I wasn't talking till then, and when he said no pictures I asked him for a hug and he accepted gladly
Then I said thanks for coming to Chile and asked for a song... "Prague" but he said he didn't remember the lyrics then I said "Insane" and he said he'll think about it ....
He talked a little bit. At the end he hugged everyone, even to me again and I insisted in my petition & he said the same thing .....he will think about it.
Finally, when I was walking away (it was almost 9:30 PM) he turn around and smile in such special way that I thought OMG he is going to play it. And he did it!! and as we all know, he started the concert with that song. I couldn't believe it.... well, and that was only the beginning... the show was pure magic like Devushka tell you so well. But, certainly the most special moment for me was at the beginning.
I laughed a lot all night, I had a great moment.... he is so talented, nice and funny.... and his voice is so powerful. I know all has been said and I don't want to bored you more. I just wanted to share with you that moment so special for me.
I took some pictures.... it seems you've already posted here ... anyway I leave you the link (I add some more yesterday) http://www.flickr.com/photos/drapedinwires/

and here the only video I recorded "9 Crimes" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdnBH5_wT5A

Sorry for the long post and sorry again for the mistakes.
Thanks for reading.

Cheers!
drapedinwires is offline   Reply With Quote