Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 02-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #121
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

^^^ Thanks for thinking about me, Rachel! No, I am no longer doing the vegetarian/vegan thing, as it was causing me to be hypoglycemic. So, I'm back to eating meat & dairy, not too much, and I'm feeling much better and the last time my blood sugar was checked it was great, so my endocrinologist wants me to keep doing what I've been doing. She also told me to avoid soy products because I have a thyroid condition, which makes it hard to get enough protein without meat & dairy. I thought eating meat again would really bother me, but it hasn't, I guess because I know it is what my body needs.
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #122
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelie View Post
Just feeling generally down and going to a jobinterview where I felt I did really, really well and really have a shot, and then on the way home my subconscious immediately convinced me that I wasn't going to get it and that sucks
oh, this feeling really sucks. it happens to me most of the time (fu***ng selfsabotage). i hope you have very good news soon!

how´s you proyect going, btw?
Old 02-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #123
Emelie
I drank a lavalamp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
oh, this feeling really sucks. it happens to me most of the time (fu***ng selfsabotage). i hope you have very good news soon!

how´s you proyect going, btw?
Thanks for your kind words The project's coming along perhaps a tiny bit to slowly, but I think I'll make it! Some very kind eskimos agreed to help and they will be hearing from me shortly I hope :P
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #124
Rai
Eskimontologist

Back home it looks like this:

Argh!! Its the first proper winter in years and I'm completely missing it. And its not just the snow, I realised I miss the water too. I lived all my life a few hundred metres away of one of the biggest rivers in Europe, that is 230 metres wide at its narrowest. And here there are just no rivers, only dry or half-dry riverbeds. Well, the sea is there but that's completely different.

Geography sucks.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #125
Swedish Professor
Eskimo skiier

I'm starting work tomorrow again after 17 days vacation in my beautiful austrian village.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #126
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post

Argh!! Its the first proper winter in years and I'm completely missing it. And its not just the snow, I realised I miss the water too. I lived all my life a few hundred metres away of one of the biggest rivers in Europe, that is 230 metres wide at its narrowest. And here there are just no rivers, only dry or half-dry riverbeds. Well, the sea is there but that's completely different.

Geography sucks.
you're not missing much, believe me. it's just looking like this some days but most of the time it's just freezing like the opposite of hell.... brrrrrr
Old 02-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #127
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I can see your Golden Gate Bridge in the background, lol.
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #128
cille
creepycute

^^ freezing like heaven?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #129
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

well, if it's heaven for you that it's that freezing that it's getting hard to move, then yes. if you take it just temperature-wise, then no. at least we got a bit of snow the last couple of days, so that it's not just cold. but it's mostly cold over here...
Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #130
Rai
Eskimontologist

^But cold can be countered! I have a 10-kilo greatcoat just for that porpoise.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #131
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

good that you're still in good shape. i couldn't wear something like that or i wouldn't be able to walk properly anymore the next day and the day after that. ouch...
Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #132
Rai
Eskimontologist

I had a rather awful day. I've been having some sleeping issues lately (dunno why, I suspect those awful Spanish pillows, mattress and blankets. These people have absolutely no idea of a comfy bed) and last night it was topped by the added fun of some kind of flu-like thing that caused a godawful sore throat. All in all I had little sleep. I hope this night will be better.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:12 AM   #133
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i´m sorry for you, rai. i felt the same last week...
but, things will get better soon, for sure
Old 02-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #134
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

^^Sorry to hear that Rai. I hope you are feeling better today.
I have a sore throat too for three days but I think it is just a cold, and didn't get much sleep last night due to my 3-yr-old having a nightmare and wanting to get into bed with us, I ended up going into his room to sleep as he kept rolling into me & kicking me. But I'm at work today so I should be able to get more rest here than I would at home.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #135
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

I have a bit of a cold too....

on a side note....internet is full of rude people, makes me wanna so easy to sit behind a computer and insult...
Old 02-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #136
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Sooo tired, I couldn't sleep last night for some reason and had to get up at 5:30 this morning to go to work, so I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep. Hope I can make it til 4:30 (and please let traffic not be bad this afternoon!! Rush hour always seems to start earlier on Fridays).
Old 02-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #137
Rai
Eskimontologist

I just got an email that my April flight from Lisbon to BCN has been rescheduled two damn hours earlier. Now I'll have to wake up at 6 am, thanks a million. I just hate airlines.

And my illness is in its headache-phase which makes me even more grumpier.

Just got a second email, my flight to Lisbon is also two hours earlier at 8!!!! Are these people trying to murder me????

Last edited by Rai; 02-27-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #138
Emelie
I drank a lavalamp...

Lost my christmas-present mittens at the pub. Or actually, I didn't lose them, the wardrobe people did, and that sucks
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #139
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

being back from ireland
Old 03-02-2009, 12:42 AM   #140
verenita
... trusty and true ...

how was it? (what a question, uh!, lol.)

EDIT: never mind, i just read your smile post.

Last edited by verenita; 03-02-2009 at 12:51 AM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #141
Rai
Eskimontologist

I'm still ill. I think it's going away now but i've thought that a few occasions before and it just keeps going on. I can't remember me being ill for more than a week before and the most reasonable explanation I've got was that I managed to contract multiple strains of influenza. I think all of them. I've been through almost all the symptoms and I'm getting really bored of it. And its all because of the kids. Why aren't school personnel issued hazmat suits? These places are like abandoned Soviet germ labs with hundreds of carriers running around daily without any restraints. Where are the health and safety people around when they are needed?

I have realised that my aversion towards kids is not antisocial behaviour but an evolutionary survival mechanism that up until now kept me from getting all those plagues they spread.

And I couldn't even go and see Slumdog once more on the big screen because I'm not willing to commit the crime against humanity of coughing repeatedly in the cinema.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #142
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

^ I know what you are going through Rai, I feel like I've been sick for ages. It seems that everyone in my family got a different cold strain and are all passing them to each other. Plus, we finally got some decent snow here and we couldn't go out and play in it because everyone was sick.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #143
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Lisa is playing in DC tonight, which is about an hour from where I live, but I really can't go. I'd realised a few weeks ago that I wouldn't be able to go, and had resigned myself to the fact, but now that the day is here I really want to go, especially since it doesn't seem to be sold out yet and the tickets are cheap.
Guess I'd better get out of the igloo and get to work, which is the reason I can't go to the show . . .
Old 03-09-2009, 02:06 AM   #144
samuelle
care bear stare!

I hate when my students plagiarize. Nothing makes me angrier in my job. Especially when, even though I have a clearly-stated plagiarism policy as does the University, they beg and challenge and expect me to accommodate them when it's such blatant academic dishonesty. And I'm not talking about people who paraphrase poorly or take bad notes; I'm talking about students who steal large chunks of text or, in the most recent case, a full paper written by someone else.

What a waste...
Old 03-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #145
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

^ I guess some of them still didn't get that they're not at school anymore, where they can just copy other people's homeworks...

I'm pretty down because the weekend wasn't the funniest in my life. Now a new week has started but I still didn't get a lot of sleep to get some energy. Ah, well, maybe tonight...
Old 03-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #146
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelle View Post
I hate when my students plagiarize. Nothing makes me angrier in my job. Especially when, even though I have a clearly-stated plagiarism policy as does the University, they beg and challenge and expect me to accommodate them when it's such blatant academic dishonesty. And I'm not talking about people who paraphrase poorly or take bad notes; I'm talking about students who steal large chunks of text or, in the most recent case, a full paper written by someone else.

What a waste...

i know what you mean... and i feel the same way! plus: i don´t get it at all! we´re talking about their integrity... c´mon!

i´m down cause i had to throw my "grain of sand" t-shirt in the garbage i love that t-shirt, but it doesn´t serve any longer.

Last edited by verenita; 03-09-2009 at 10:38 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #147
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

^Aww, that sucks, can you make another one?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #148
verenita
... trusty and true ...

yes, i will indeed!
but, you know. it made me feel sad
Old 03-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #149
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

oh no, i love your 'grain of sand' tee verenita

the finale of 'The L Word' got me down

**spoilers**

it sucked. it was the most horrible finale i've ever seen. seinfeld's was a masterpiece compared to finger-flipping thing they called finale. imagine lost ending not only with zero answers, but with a whole bunch of new questions and an open resolution to everything. who kate stays with? could be sawyer, could be jin, could be eloise, could be jughead, you choose you stupid-fan-who-we-the-writers-don't-give-a-damn-about. it sucks coz it's just a tv show but now i'm sad and angry. i just hope kate moennig gets in a new show ASAP coz i need me kate fix.

rant off
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #150
cille
creepycute

I did poorly at the acceptance examination for the songwriting class at the conservatory yesterday, so now I'm pretty sure I won't get in. Damn my stupid nerves, made me lose contact w myself and forget to say important things...