Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
A Lonely Soldier
Eskimo Baby

Default Remember Dogs?

remember whe damien played dogs on the ellen degeneres show about two months ago? did anyone see that or capture it? ive been dying to see it!
A Lonely Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lonely Soldier
remember whe damien played dogs on the ellen degeneres show about two months ago? did anyone see that or capture it? ive been dying to see it!
It was supposed to be airing in Britain this month I thought I remembered reading. That said, it was one of Damo's most visibly uncomfortable/nervous US TV appearances to date. He didn't use to get like that on American tv shows so I wonder what's changed this year? Either way though, he didn't really relax until he finally got to let loose on the bridge which is 80% of the way through.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:46 AM   #3
Riven
These Living Arms

I recorded it to a DVD when it was on tv. I could try to transfer it to my computer and then put it up on YouTube or something. I've never done anything like that before, but I know someone who can so I'll ask him about helping me with it. It might take a couple days for me to get in touch with him though. But I'll try tp have it up on YouTube eventually.

I'll post again when I get it up.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:49 AM
LaurenM
This message has been deleted by LaurenBledsoe.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
administrator
forum administrator

i have it now, and i want to put it up... but the file is a bit too big... i'm trying to figure out how to reduce the size of an mpeg file...

also, i don't think he looks even slightly nervous in it! and they all seem to get on really well with ellen, big hugs all round like they're friends.

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
Riven
These Living Arms

Ok, so I have the video now and I was all ready to upload it to YouTube, but when I got to the upload page I saw this warning: " Do not upload any TV shows, music videos, music concerts, or commercials without permission unless they consist entirely of content you created yourself.""

So I guess this means that I won't be able to upload it afterall?? I don't have permission and it is a TV show. I don't want to do anything against the rules, so unless there's some exception I'm not going to do it.

But I know there are a lot of other clips of Damien on TV on YouTube, so is this a rule that is not really enforced? Do you think I'd be ok if I put it up? If you guys think I can then I will still go ahead and upload it.
Riven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
beatleboogie
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven
Ok, so I have the video now and I was all ready to upload it to YouTube, but when I got to the upload page I saw this warning: " Do not upload any TV shows, music videos, music concerts, or commercials without permission unless they consist entirely of content you created yourself.""

So I guess this means that I won't be able to upload it afterall?? I don't have permission and it is a TV show. I don't want to do anything against the rules, so unless there's some exception I'm not going to do it.

But I know there are a lot of other clips of Damien on TV on YouTube, so is this a rule that is not really enforced? Do you think I'd be ok if I put it up? If you guys think I can then I will still go ahead and upload it.

SIN SIN SIN!
beatleboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:19 AM   #8
Goshou
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet
It was supposed to be airing in Britain this month I thought I remembered reading. That said, it was one of Damo's most visibly uncomfortable/nervous US TV appearances to date. He didn't use to get like that on American tv shows so I wonder what's changed this year? Either way though, he didn't really relax until he finally got to let loose on the bridge which is 80% of the way through.
I'd say he was a little nervous, but he also seemed to be quite sick (note the ridiculous amount of reverb) and that, I think, was the source of his nervousness. Regardless, pretty neat performance.
The trees of the mountains harm themselves, / Grease in fire roasts itself. / Cinnamon can be eaten, / Hence, it is cut down. / Lacquer can be used, / Hence, it is stripped. / Everyone knows the use of the useful, / But no one knows the use of the useless. ~Zhuangzi
Goshou is offline   Reply With Quote